Makurat repeats as American freshman of the week | The Boneyard

Makurat repeats as American freshman of the week

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Since we are talking about Anna, this might be a good thread to mention it in. I was talking to my dad @billyot, who practically never posts, but has season tickets. We were discussing Anna and both agreed - she is VERY athletic for her size and build. She also has quick feet and is more than a competent defender.

I don't know if Geno has given her any heat on here for her defense or being too slow, but in our humble opinion, she's not a defensive liability and more than holds her own. I remember there was a game Geno pulled her in and she played limited minutes - against a team in the AAC who had quick guards. But I really see Anna as a competent to good defender. And she will only get better. She's going to be special.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Everybody has trouble with the quick guards -- including other quick guards. geez. give it a rest. one-on-one, quickness has the advantage on offense unless the defender is a greater guesser/anticipator/tactician

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just LOVE Anna’s game! Anyone notice she moves her feet like Dee, ha! Personally, if you watch her closely the way she moves on defense it’s quite good. Way to go Anna Mak!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, as I said it is my custom to pick one player and focus on her every game for a season. I saw an Anna that knew where to go on defense and seldom was scored on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom