Make your Voice heard to Quiet the Rabbid Dog! | The Boneyard

Make your Voice heard to Quiet the Rabbid Dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
OFFICE OF ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Phone: (860) 486-2725

I just called myself. Karen sent me to Mike and he picked up the phone.

I explained that the sound is not working - fans covering their ears. State cop asked my 'what the hell is that?' Mike took the time to explain to me Coach wanted to try something new and agreed it is not working as expected. He explained it is being 'RETOOLED '.

He thanked me for my support and I suggested bring back GnR and that I was also appreciative of him actually picking up the phone as opposed to having me sent to VM.

Lets see what it sounds like Saturday.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Mike?
I am assuming Enright?

Mike Enright
Senior Associate Director of Athletics/Communications
(Football, Rowing)
mike.enright@uconn.edu
I told Karen why I was calling and he was on the line within 10 seconds.
I told him thanks - most people would hear complaint on line 1 and kick me to VM - he didnt. He said they got a few calls - I said I hope it was more than a few!

He told me multiple times thanks for your support - he was kind to say the least.

Reaction Score
I am assuming Enright?

Mike Enright
Senior Associate Director of Athletics/Communications
(Football, Rowing)
mike.enright
I told Karen why I was calling and he was on the line within 10 seconds.
I told him thanks - most people would hear complaint on line 1 and kick me to VM - he didnt. He said they got a few calls - I said I hope it was more than a few!

He told me multiple times thanks for your support - he was kind to say the least.

The reason I asked is because he is worthless. A yes man pencil pusher who also happens to be a tool.

But I digress...........

Reaction Score
The reason I asked is because he is worthless. A yes man pencil pusher who also happens to be a tool.

But I digress......

No interaction with this guy, but I feel similar to the ticket office guy. Nice guy but useless. Must be a UConn thing.

Reaction Score
While the current barking dog soundbyte is obviously horrible, I think the idea is good. Get a better audio clip, and match it with a visual on the big screen. A pack of huskies or wolves or whatever chasing an animal (don't have to show it eating the thing, too graphic for kiddies) and growling or whatever. I wasn't a big fan of "Welcome to the Jungle" as its used by the Patriots, Cowboys, and other NFL teams - seems overused, but that was better than the current audio clip we have now - sounds like a recording of 30 yr old semi-truck engine trying to start. So I like the originality of having our own unique 3rd down sound to get the crowd cheering and making noise just not the current one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The money idea (from another thread) is to have the UCMB work up a welcome to the jungle short routine or something else. Need more of the Pride of Connecticut at the games.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'll say it again... WHERE THE H#LL IS A NEW INTRO PUMP-UP VIDEO for this team?? Maybe I should call Enright about that myself. Can't beleive w/ Diaco he didn't make UConn produce something awesome to get the crowd and team pumped up, and showcase the history of the still young program and usher in a new era.

Reaction Score
Good for you for calling. Good for him for listening and it sounds like he was pretty up front with you on the similar feedback.

Reaction Score
Ill tell you that I have been to every game. I would consider not going if that mess continues.

Reaction Score
I was embarrassed seeing byu and stony brook fans laugh and sat wtf every time the rabid dogs were unleashed. A couple young girls put their hands over their ears as well. It's absolutely embarrassing. Welcome to the jungle was old but it got the crowd pumped and was fan friendly. -1 fan if it continues. I'll shred my season tickets

Reaction Score
If retool doesn't equal: right click on file, delete they still aren't listening

I think they should have a video of Mo'ne Davis saying let's go Huskies....really get the crowd fired up!!!

Reaction Score
Could just have DMX bark for us. It would still sound better. Seriously tho wouldn't mind maybe a howl if they want to keep the dog theme. But the UCMB is probably the best idea I've seen

Reaction Score
While I agree we need more of the pride of CT, I doubt that would carry throughout the stadium effectively. GNR worked but is also used too many other places. What about a single howl (like a wolf? ;)) leading into Crazy Train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom