Make the Same Deal as ND | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Make the Same Deal as ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fans/eyeballs.

The chances of UConn getting a B10 offer are minimal. It wouldn't be much of a risk.

My question is: why would the ACC add UConn as a bb only or non-football?

The assumption is that 15 is an awkward number for hoops, but an absolutely unworkable number for football. And, if you can't work 15 in hoops either, you can always add a basketball only.

pj

Reaction Score
The ACC would love UConn as a non-football member. That would add to the value of the basketball contract and wouldn't bother Florida State or Clemson who are concerned about football dilution.

Reaction Score
The assumption is that 15 is an awkward number for hoops, but an absolutely unworkable number for football. And, if you can't work 15 in hoops either, you can always add a basketball only.

Right, I see no point in the ACC offering UConn now. But I also don't see a point in them offering G'town either.

Reaction Score
If we go on a run like Utah, TCU or Boise St. and pack the Rent for every game, we'll get into a better conference.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If we go on a run like Utah, TCU or Boise St. and pack the Rent for every game, we'll get into a better conference.

That is not a bet that any administrator in their right mind would make and still expect to keep their job. Didn't Utah just lose to Utah State? That's not good for anybody.

Reaction Score
That is not a bet that any administrator in their right mind would make and still expect to keep their job. Didn't Utah just lose to Utah State? That's not good for anybody.

Incorrect - it was good for Utah St. :)

Reaction Score
Solely a function of poor leadership at the top. Herbst ain't getting it done. All talk no action. We'll be last off the Titanic all the while saying we can stop the leaking.

Reaction Score
What amazes me is you were able to get 15 likes.
It's called telling it like I see it. UConn has a lot to offer any large conference. Bat. BB program, first rate state school, nice facilities, top 35 media market. This is a failure of leadership and vision.

Reaction Score
I'm now off the ledge. This does not impact football. ND was not in our football conference. Football drives the bus. What has changed? If anything they are a few steps closer to joining the ACC in football which is probably our best chance of getting an invite to ACC. Also, Orange bowl and other bowls will be goofy if its ACC vs. ND (kinda like dating your cousin, even if she's hot) so this may actually work to open up bowl spots for NBE.

Reaction Score
Hey, reality sucks.

This is a dark day for UConn athletics. There is no other way to spin it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves.

Yeah, so dark...just a couple years removed from a basketball championship and making a BCS bowl...so so dark...

Reaction Score
The only people more delusional then the posters suggesting going independent in football is the posters who actually think this is beneficial to the school.

We are basically a mid-major when it comes to football, we would lose MILLIONS of dollars by leaving a conference. Our bowl bids come from being in the BE, what major bowling is dieing to get UConn? None. We need the BE bowl money.

What schools are lining up to come play in our 40k stadium? Umass? What schools think playing us at home is going to be a huge draw? We can schedule the like of BYU, Army, and a bunch of MAC and Sun Belt schools. What kind of TV money would we get for this?
We're above mid-major status. We're a HUGE market.

Reaction Score
I just called the suicide hotline in CT and got a busy signal. Could some of you guys hang up so others can get through?
probably one of the best things I've read on here

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yeah, so dark...just a couple years removed from a basketball championship and making a BCS bowl...so so dark...

Uhh...can you differentiate from a 'day' and past 2 years?

Reaction Score
I'm now off the ledge. This does not impact football. ND was not in our football conference. Football drives the bus. What has changed? If anything they are a few steps closer to joining the ACC in football which is probably our best chance of getting an invite to ACC. Also, Orange bowl and other bowls will be goofy if its ACC vs. ND (kinda like dating your cousin, even if she's hot) so this may actually work to open up bowl spots for NBE.

Exactly, everyone is panicking because we lost one BB school and it wasn't even a traditional rival. Personally I would be more upset if Nova and Gtown left. We probably did move a little closer to an invite from another conference today.

I could have sworn half the posters in this forum wanted ND out a long time ago. Where did they all go?

Reaction Score
Uhh...can you differentiate from a 'day' and past 2 years?

Sorry, I don't see ND moving really affecting UConn negatively. If anything, this is what we were hoping for just a year ago because it opens our door into the ACC. If anything, we just stay where we are.

Reaction Score
I think everybody is pissed because this move hurts our chances for the ACC - which may or may not be true. But for the future of the BE I think it helps and it's about time. The Catholic non-football schools just saw big brother walk out the door. Having ND, a non-football partner having influence on football decisions in the conference was a problem from start to finish. And as far as Swofford's comments on staying at the current number of members, I don't place any value on anything that guy says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom