Make that 9 Pitt players transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Make that 9 Pitt players transferring

Reaction Score
At first glance, JWF looks like a low-quality volume shooter, but he became a bit more efficient as the season progressed.

In his last 12 games, JWF averaged 14.6 ppg, with 3.2 3p/game at a 37.3% clip. Not great, but this team needs a willing three-point shooter and JWF is that in addition to being a sturdily-built guard and a CT native. I'd welcome him to the team, even if it were for one season!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm probably alone here, but I think the Adams-Vital back court will be top 5/10 in the country next year.
I believe you might be alone here. Vital needs to make some better decisions with shot selection, and be willing to move the ball to the open guy much more often for that to happen.

Reaction Score
I believe you might be alone here. Vital needs to make some better decisions with shot selection, and be willing to move the ball to the open guy much more often for that to happen.
I agree, but some of that is coaching. Calhoun would have eviscerated him for some of the shots he took before guys were ready to rebound. Ollie would give him "the face" and high five.

Reaction Score
As bad as the offense was this season, the defense, for most of the season, was just as bad. That to me was the biggest indictment on Ollie. We had athletes to defend. We were not blessed with a lot of shooters, but we should have been able to defend the three point line.

Calhoun would have killed someone during a game if he saw the lack of defensive effort that Ollie just never seemed able to address. Hurley strikes me as a coach who will preach the defensive effort you have to have to be successful.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In his last 12 games, JWF averaged 14.6 ppg, with 3.2 3p/game at a 37.3% clip. Not great, but this team needs a willing three-point shooter and JWF is that in addition to being a sturdily-built guard and a CT native. I'd welcome him to the team, even if it were for one season!

We got a willing three point shooter. We might have the most willing three point shooter in all of college basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom