MAKE IT HAPPEN | The Boneyard

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
First a few thoughts. IU shot 48% with 3 players in double figures and we won by 17. We looked relaxed and confident. Our bigs showed up big time and we were patient. How good has Edwards become. Confidence and patience were big in determining our win. The second half fouls kept IU in the game, otherwise it might have been alot worse. Some were very ticky tac and in many games might not have been called. It ruined the flow of the game. IU is a very good team with some really good shooters.

Next up NC State. When the goin got tuff they made some great plays. ND is a good team with some really good scorers. Mabry Westbeld Miles are not chopped liver they are good but they lost. IMO they lost because they stopped playing aggressive. They seemed to play not to loose instead of running the clock down and being aggressive. Theres a difference in running the clock down by just passing it around and letting the defense play aggressive and waiting to get fouled. When your holding the lead you can pass it around and play aggressive by looking to score Easy baskets. That keeps the defense on their toes instead of the defense having you on your toes. If ND were in the attack mode if might have been different. IMO the hardest thing to do is play it safe and not continue to attack. You loose your edge when you do that. The last play of the game happened right in front of me. Tuff break for ND and a great play by NC State.

Coming up UConn NC State. Contain Culane and UConn wins big. I am hoping we dont get silly foul calls in this game but it seems to be the norm over the past 2 games. Our depth and size should prevail and we win by double digits. Our size needs to play aggressive around the basket. We have alot of weapons and we have alot of height however our height must avoid getting into foul trouble. Culane is tuff and we saw that at the game yesterday. I expect from the start for NC State to get the ball to Culane and try to get UConn in foul trouble. Defend her, even double down on her and take charges.

The key for UConn is to stay out of foul trouble. Play defense and if you get beat let it go. We have to many weapons to get beat in this game but we can struggle if we get into foul trouble.

Reaction Score
IMO the "Key" will be the fourth quarter. NCS never gives
up...is a seasoned team... and knows how to come from behind.
They have won 13 games since losing that close one to N.D. in
South Bend. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
First a few thoughts. IU shot 48% with 3 players in double figures and we won by 17. We looked relaxed and confident. Our bigs showed up big time and we were patient. How good has Edwards become. Confidence and patience were big in determining our win. The second half fouls kept IU in the game, otherwise it might have been alot worse. Some were very ticky tac and in many games might not have been called. It ruined the flow of the game. IU is a very good team with some really good shooters.

Next up NC State. When the goin got tuff they made some great plays. ND is a good team with some really good scorers. Mabry Westbeld Miles are not chopped liver they are good but they lost. IMO they lost because they stopped playing aggressive. They seemed to play not to loose instead of running the clock down and being aggressive. Theres a difference in running the clock down by just passing it around and letting the defense play aggressive and waiting to get fouled. When your holding the lead you can pass it around and play aggressive by looking to score Easy baskets. That keeps the defense on their toes instead of the defense having you on your toes. If ND were in the attack mode if might have been different. IMO the hardest thing to do is play it safe and not continue to attack. You loose your edge when you do that. The last play of the game happened right in front of me. Tuff break for ND and a great play by NC State.

Coming up UConn NC State. Contain Culane and UConn wins big. I am hoping we dont get silly foul calls in this game but it seems to be the norm over the past 2 games. Our depth and size should prevail and we win by double digits. Our size needs to play aggressive around the basket. We have alot of weapons and we have alot of height however our height must avoid getting into foul trouble. Culane is tuff and we saw that at the game yesterday. I expect from the start for NC State to get the ball to Culane and try to get UConn in foul trouble. Defend her, even double down on her and take charges.

The key for UConn is to stay out of foul trouble. Play defense and if you get beat let it go. We have to many weapons to get beat in this game but we can struggle if we get into foul trouble.
Tony, it's Cunane. Just helping out, and I think she has been very over rated. Let's hope she doesn't have a break out game tomorrow, as her team seems to feed off of her good fortune.

Reaction Score
Tonyc is right. Limit Elissa Cunane to 10pts and the NC state quick guards and it is a blowout. Our guards and our bigs are good match ups with NC state players. Plus NC state does not have deep bench.

Reaction Score
I haven’t watched a ton of NC State, but their season stats seem to indicate they share the ball similar to Uconn. Their top 7 players average between 7.4 and 13.6 ppg, which looks like good balance. It also appears all 7 players can hit the 3, ranging from 31-45% accuracy. On paper, they appear to be a team that requires you to guard all 5 spots on the floor.

I think ONO is actually a good matchup defensively on Cunane. She has the size to guard her one on one in the post. I think neutralizing her is a key to limiting the easier looks they can generate from the inside. I’m also intrigued to see how we defend Diamond Johnson. We have the ability to put size on her, but not sure how her quickness will factor in. She’s the player that concerns me with her ability to get hot.

I honestly think these teams match up well, and it should be a good game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
To neutralize Cunane you blanket the guards. IU was very poised yesterday. Many times they were forced to shoot the ball with the 30 second clock running out. We MUST stay out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I dunno....when I watched the NC State game, I did not think that they looked that good against Notre Dame. We defeated Notre Dame by 19 and NC State looked like they were struggling. UConn just needs to play good old fashion UConn basketball with solid D, rain 3's, driving power, and minimum mistakes.

Reaction Score
Tonyc is right. Limit Elissa Cunane to 10pts and the NC state quick guards and it is a blowout. Our guards and our bigs are good match ups with NC state players. Plus NC state does not have deep bench.
Since when do we match up well with quick, athletic guards? They have consistently been a problem for UConn and NC State has some very good ones. Could be a major problem for UConn.

Reaction Score
Since when do we match up well with quick, athletic guards? They have consistently been a problem for UConn and NC State has some very good ones. Could be a major problem for UConn.
I'm not sure if you watched the NCS ND game, but there was nothing quick or athletic about those guards till the .30 mark in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
so its possible we might have to go through 3 #one seeds to win it all. nc state, stanford, and then most likely s carolina. if we do, that would be one well deserved championship. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom