Make It Happen | The Boneyard

Make It Happen

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well here we go . Tenn UConn all over again. I will make a prediction...this will be Azzis breakout game. UConn was on a roll at Depaul and looked even more resilient again Creighton. Tenn has been stumbling. I expect a packed house and for the first time in along time I cant be there against Tenn. UConn wins this on by double digits.

Reaction Score
Well here we go . Tenn UConn all over again. I will make a prediction...this will be Azzis breakout game. UConn was on a roll at Depaul and looked even more resilient again Creighton. Tenn has been stumbling. I expect a packed house and for the first time in along time I cant be there against Tenn. UConn wins this on by double digits.
Since I have no idea what UCONN team will show up tomorrow, I’m on board with Tony.

Reaction Score
I expect a fired up UConn team. Everybody is back except Paige. We've come a long way and I think we're ready as a team to jump on this game.
Some ignorant souls, like me, didn't think Uconn could pull out a game effectively lost in the first quarter, but they did. They showed they are tough and when down they have the psyche to lift them to new heights. Fudd, Caroline, ONO, Dorka (if she plays) will win. ONO, Edwards and Muhl whom I and others gave up on have proven we cannot count them out.
Paige, Caroline, Fudd, ONO, Dorka are prime time players. When the National TV lights light them up, they shine. Have no doubts, this game belongs to Uconn.

Reaction Score
It would be nice to get Tamara Key into foul trouble. That would open things up a lot but they have a lot of bigs who would not be a pushover even if Key is out but it would certainly help. They are a really big team overall even at guard with several guards 6'2". No one plays more than 28 minutes a game. They are deep in their player rotations.

Reaction Score
We are going to need Azzi in this one. And CW on the break. Converting turnovers on the break, rebounding and shooting well.

Reaction Score
I want Caroline to force action inside, she can get Horston in foul trouble

Reaction Score
I want Caroline to force action inside, she can get Horston in foul trouble
Yes. But I don't want her to get hurt. Remember the mantra for playing UConn: "If you can't beat them, beat them up."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
TN is a bit shell-shocked after their collapse at FL. The LV’s turned the ball over repeatedly, got into foul trouble and had a terrible day shooting FT’s. If UConn can jump on TN early, it might just be a really good day to be a Husky fan. :)

Reaction Score
I hope that the refs are invisible today. Just do their job but not dominate the play. I want to see a game played by the best against the best with UConn dominating using their best against Tenn using their best. No excuses. Do it!

Reaction Score
The battle of the stats. If one would to go purely on stats alone, IMO both are mirror images of themselves. Let's review from left to right;

FG%: UConn has the slight advantage here at 0.472% to Tenn's 0.420%
3PT%: Although UConn has the very slightest edge of 0.306% over Tenn's 0.304%, I would call it a toss up.
FT%: If it came down to free throws, my money is on UConn at a paltry 0.679% over Tenn's 0.632%
Scoring AVG: The only good thing you can say about both scoring numbers per game, UConn has a half point advantage over Tenn.
Rebounds AVG: This is where Tenn has the advantage over UConn, Tenn gets 10 more rebounds per game.
Assists, Turnovers and Steals AVG go to UConn favor...but nothing to write home about.
Blocks AVG: Tenn at 6.1 Blocks/game versus 4.6 Blocks/game for UConn...we talking about 1.5 blocks difference per game.

For me, the one person I would love to see come up big in this game is Evina.

1644158095808.png

Reaction Score
The battle of the stats. If one would to go purely on stats alone, IMO both are mirror images of themselves. Let's review from left to right;

3PT%: Although UConn has the very slightest edge of 0.306% over Tenn's 0.304%, I would call it a toss up.
FT%: If it came down to free throws, my money is on UConn at a paltry 0.679% over Tenn's 0.632%
Scoring AVG: The only good thing you can say about both scoring numbers per game, UConn has a half point advantage over Tenn.
Rebounds AVG: This is where Tenn has the advantage over UConn, Tenn gets 10 more rebounds per game.
Assists, Turnovers and Steals AVG go to UConn favor...but nothing to write home about.
Blocks AVG: Tenn at 6.1 Blocks/game versus 4.6 Blocks/game for UConn...we talking about 1.5 blocks difference per game.

View attachment 73009
Thank you for this. Very informative. I would also love to see Evina have a great all around game. To do it she has to shoot at least 10-12 times which is outside her norm lately. We expect her passing and defense to be superb. I just don't get the offensive reticence with her. I mean it's 11:00 pm in her career and now is the time if she wants to finish that unfinished business. I also think TONYC is spot on about Azzi. She was talking about not shooting in the pre-game presser and said she didn't know why she wasn't. I think when she is talking about it she is thinking about it and maybe "the light went on". If she has that kind of a game it's over.

Reaction Score
If Key goes out UConn will have a distinct advantage. She really doesn’t score much except On outback’s. Horston is their scorer, but also can be a turnover machine when pressured. They don’t handle pressure very well.

Reaction Score
I hope that the refs are invisible today. Just do their job but not dominate the play. I want to see a game played by the best against the best with UConn dominating using their best against Tenn using their best. No excuses. Do it!
It is a big time Nationally televised game. The refs will be "on camera". The game is always better when they are transparent.

Reaction Score
Thank you for this. Very informative. I would also love to see Evina have a great all around game. To do it she has to shoot at least 10-12 times which is outside her norm lately. We expect her passing and defense to be superb. I just don't get the offensive reticence with her. I mean it's 11:00 pm in her career and now is the time if she wants to finish that unfinished business. I also think TONYC is spot on about Azzi. She was talking about not shooting in the pre-game presser and said she didn't know why she wasn't. I think when she is talking about it she is thinking about it and maybe "the light went on". If she has that kind of a game it's over.
Geno has noted this on prior teams; i.e. when a player holds back on their abilities. He called it a nice girl thing. They defer to other players. Now Fudd must become a Caroline. Shoot when open, take it to the hoop when the path allows. AZZI is all Caroline is and maybe a bit better/more accurate on 3's. So she needs to be offensive and greedy--drop in 44 points as an Iowan has done.

Reaction Score

View attachment 73009
It seems to say, without Paige Uconn is doomed. Doomed by 1/2 point and 4 rebounds.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Too much unbridled optimism in this thread.

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF by CBS

(You can thank me after the game.)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
If I did not know better, I would think Tonyc had some inside info - or a crystal ball. Sorry he could not be there, as his boundless optimism was amply rewarded by our favorite ladies.

Reaction Score
You absolutely NAILED IT!!!!

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Thanks for your positivity and perfect prognostication.

Reaction Score
We might have to rebrand Tony as Carnac 2.0 :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom