make a case | The Boneyard

make a case

Reaction Score
i haven't seen it posted (but may have missed it) and have read any articles asking/mentioning the covid-year for ONO, CW and EW (if applicable). right now, i don't think any of these 3 are 'locks' to make a roster in the WNBA, and playing at UConn probably gives them more exposure or potential exposure to NIL than a W contract. i would be on the argument's side of putting off the real world as long as you can, and now that you can make money with NIL it seems to me a no-brainer.

another year for ONO especially, i feel she has the biggest potential at the next level, would do wonders for her and the team.

did i miss anything?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
i haven't seen it posted (but may have missed it) and have read any articles asking/mentioning the covid-year for ONO, CW and EW (if applicable). right now, i don't think any of these 3 are 'locks' to make a roster in the WNBA, and playing at UConn probably gives them more exposure or potential exposure to NIL than a W contract. i would be on the argument's side of putting off the real world as long as you can, and now that you can make money with NIL it seems to me a no-brainer.

another year for ONO especially, i feel she has the biggest potential at the next level, would do wonders for her and the team.

did i miss anything?
College is not a halfway house. A Program has to let seniors enter the real world to give room for the younger players to grow.

Reaction Score

did i miss anything?
Liv will be toting around a degree in Economics which is worth more than any bench spot in the WNBA and she has great potential as a model. Another year at UConn? Not a chance.

sun

Reaction Score
These seniors must have already decided before they had their Senior Day when they invited their parents to fly to CT to attend that they would be leaving.

With all of the job opportunities in the real world, why would these stars want to give up more of their freedom to continue living a regimented life in a campus setting?
At the Senior Day ceremony it was announced that Liv and Evina would be graduating, and not every athlete wants to immediately pursue a graduate degree which also usually takes longer than an additional year.

Reaction Score
Live is already model/spokesperson for Fabletics, Evina has a couple NIL deals and is working on breaking into the broadcasting arena, and CW also has a couple NIL's. I think all three will move on, possibly wnba or overseas, at least for a couple of years to bank some money. I sure wish CW had a better game yesterday, but that one game doesn't define her season. Of all three, I'd love to have Evina back.

Reaction Score
I have thought about some of the drat prospects of our players vs for example a Rae Burrell, or Destiny Henderson. Is a CW a worse draft prospect than a Destiny Henderson? I don’t think so. CW is much bigger, a great defender and with continued work on her outside shot she has more potential as a pro in my opinion. Is Evina any worse than Rae Burrell, a projected top 10 pick? I don’t think so.

Reaction Score
Live is already model/spokesperson for Fabletics, Evina has a couple NIL deals and is working on breaking into the broadcasting arena, and CW also has a couple NIL's. I think all three will move on, possibly wnba or overseas, at least for a couple of years to bank some money. I sure wish CW had a better game yesterday, but that one game doesn't define her season. Of all three, I'd love to have Evina back.
well they need to say goodbye to NIL deals if they don't return.

Reaction Score
College is not a halfway house. A Program has to let seniors enter the real world to give room for the younger players to grow.
wow do you not see what's going on around the country. ashley joens? monika czizano? etc. and i won't even bother responding to the rest.

Reaction Score
These seniors must have already decided before they had their Senior Day when they invited their parents to fly to CT to attend that they would be leaving.

With all of the job opportunities in the real world, why would these stars want to give up more of their freedom to continue living a regimented life in a campus setting?
At the Senior Day ceremony it was announced that Liv and Evina would be graduating, and not every athlete wants to immediately pursue a graduate degree which also usually takes longer than an additional year.
believe dorka was celebrated/recognized - isn't she coming back. means nothing.

Reaction Score
I want to win another NC. That will take some new players to get over that hurdle. New players in…..seniors move on. This is the way it is written…….this is the way it will (and should) be. I know there are players who play for 5/6 years. Maybe they get their masters or more. Good for them. But, I want new blood.

sun

Reaction Score
believe dorka was celebrated/recognized - isn't she coming back. means nothing.
Dorka was celebrated because she said that that she was leaving her options open and wasn't sure about returning.
It's not the same because of Dorka's apparent indecision until after her wrist injury.
Geno knew that Dorka might return but she was celebrated anyways.
The others must have told Geno that they were not returning before the Senior Day event.
Can they change their mind?
Maybe yes, maybe no.

If an NCAA player wants to sign up to enter the WNBA draft, they need to renounce any future NCAA eligibility in writing.
That is a planned decision and not done on a whim.
They may even have an advisor/sports agent waiting in the wings counseling them about their chances of having a pro BB career.
And if they stay in school to play BB, they risk future injury for what may amount to very little NIL money.
While playing in college their families even need to provide their own health insurance to pay to treat their BB injuries & if they need surgery.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have thought about some of the drat prospects of our players vs for example a Rae Burrell, or Destiny Henderson. Is a CW a worse draft prospect than a Destiny Henderson? I don’t think so. CW is much bigger, a great defender and with continued work on her outside shot she has more potential as a pro in my opinion. Is Evina any worse than Rae Burrell, a projected top 10 pick? I don’t think so.
I just find it hard to believe after all we've seen from Christyn for four years, especially in so many big games, that you and others see her with such potential. She is a solid defender, but not a great one, and prone to turnovers. As for working on her shot, don't you think she's been doing that for four years at UConn, with no sign of improvement?

I wish Christyn luck but I just can't imagine her as anyone but a backup in the WNBA for a few years before calling it a career. Sorry to offend those who have more confidence in her.

Please don't respond by listing her accolades. We know she shouldn't haven't been MOP in the Big East tournament and her recognition as the country's best shooting guard is, to be tactful, dubious.

Reaction Score
Disagree entirely - there is zero chance that those 3 ever play another college game, and ONO and CW are 100% a lock to make an WNBA roster. Evina will get drafted. All 3 can play internationally for good money. And as others have said, each of the 3 have legitimate non-basketball aspirations should they need a fallback option.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Diana & Sue very much disagree with you. They went out of their way to say they thought CW would be a better player in the pros than in college.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Dorka was celebrated because she said that that she was leaving her options open and wasn't sure about returning.
It's not the same because of Dorka's apparent indecision until after her wrist injury.
Geno knew that Dorka might return but she was celebrated anyways.
The others must have told Geno that they were not returning before the Senior Day event.
Can they change their mind?
Maybe yes, maybe no.

If an NCAA player wants to sign up to enter the WNBA draft, they need to renounce any future NCAA eligibility in writing.
That is a planned decision and not done on a whim.
They may even have an advisor/sports agent waiting in the wings counseling them about their chances of having a pro BB career.
And if they stay in school to play BB, they risk future injury for what may amount to very little NIL money.
While playing in college their families even need to provide their own health insurance to pay to treat their BB injuries & if they need surgery.
They can declare any time up to 10 days before the draft. That’s well after senior night

Reaction Score
how many senior days can one have if you change your mind a couple of times with pandemic rules added, etc. ? :)

Reaction Score
Diana & Sue very much disagree with you. They went out of their way to say they thought CW would be a better player in the pros than in college.
With due respect to those Huskies icons, I'd agree with them, and she'll need to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom