OT: - Madlad Ron Hunter sets two goals for Tulane basketball next year | The Boneyard

OT: Madlad Ron Hunter sets two goals for Tulane basketball next year

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
WOW.. don't know that i've ever seen a press conference introduction quite like that one..

Might wanna slow your roll a little there, Nostradamus!

I must admit though I like having another coach in AAC that is entertaining and will bring publicity (good or bad we will see, but they say there's no such thing as bad publicity ;) From everything i've read and I know about him he seems like a good guy and could be a good hire for them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
WOW.. don't know that i've ever seen a press conference introduction quite like that one..

I must admit though I like having another coach in AAC that is entertaining and will bring publicity (good or bad we will see, but they say there's no such thing as bad publicity ;) From everything i've read and I know about him he seems like a good guy and could be a good hire for them.

Screw it, when you were 0-18, just go bananas and hope for the best. I actually don't hate this move.

It's not like anyone's going to care if you go 3-15.

Reaction Score
Love the confidence but they’re going to stink next year. They have maybe 2 guys that could get any run on an NCAA tournament team.

With that being said I actually think he’ll be able to recruit quite well at Tulane

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Great hire. I agree that he will be able to recruit relatively well at Tulane.
A bit optimistic in that introduction, but when you're 0-18 in conference, might as well through crap at the wall.

(Psst, Ron, this ain't quite the Sun Belt Conference anymore where you win 2 games against the Mississippi Trucking School and Western Georgia Community College and you're in the NCAA tournament)

Reaction Score

Haha, anytime you have a madman like this running, or sometimes in his case "rolling" on the sidelines, he creates buzz for the league. People will have eyes on the progress and as long as he doesn't beat UConn, I'm all for his team going on a "tear".

...see what I did there? I don't have to be a father to tell them dad jokes!

Reaction Score
He said he’s 40 wins from 500 in his coaching career and if he doesn’t get to 500 in 2 years there is something wrong.

I love the enthusiasm but man... Haha man oh man... watch what you say buddy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's going to be great for Tulane and the league. They needed somebody like this to jumpstart interest in the program. Dunleavy was a vampire. I think they can win a couple of games in the league next year. We need them to be better.

Reaction Score
I bet they go 1-17, tops
It's going to depend on how serious Tulane is about winning because, in today's world, there are many players to be had even at this late date: International, grad transfers, hardship transfers, JUCOs, ...

Look at Wichita St. this year. Two internationals (one was a JUCO), 3 other JUCOs, and one transfer who sat out this year.

Reaction Score
Living here in Atlanta, I can say that, what this guy did with Georgia State, is a miracle.

Great hire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom