Madison Square Garden | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Madison Square Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Best Bad News Barnes story . . . "Barnes once refused to board a plane from Louisville to St. Louis. Because the flight was scheduled to arrive (Central Time) before its departure time (Eastern Time), Barnes famously said, "I ain't getting in no damn time machine." He rented a car instead."
Didn’t he also try to rob a city bus while wearing his high school letter jacket? Gavitt must have gone to confession daily to keep that kid in school. He was a great player though.

Reaction Score
I don’t boo opponents or their fans just for being opponents. And the Marquette fans I took a moment to speak to were uniformally nice.

That having been said, that time out was as funny a reaction I’ve ever seen from a basketball crowd.
They did it the night before during the Provi/Marquette game and it was the same thing, except louder. The losing Providence fans were desperate and raucous.

Or else it just sounded louder because I moved down low, and last night I was up top.

Reaction Score
At one media timeout, the big screen alternated between showing Husky and Marquette fans. The arena erupted in a chorus of cheers everytime a UConn supporter was shown, and boos everytime a Marquette fan was shown. This went on for probably 2 minutes and it was high comedy.

And yes, it was absolutely electric in there.
I asked in the chat what was going on that was making the crowd alternate between booing and cheering, but didn't recall seeing an answer. That's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc
Top Bottom