Made Another List - Larrier | The Boneyard

Made Another List - Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i like to hear he's going to visit, seems like a good backup plan to robinson. i just wonder if DH will have to play 2 if we get this kid

D

Deleted member 3149

Hey Terry- I see you're from the Bronx. Ever hear of Kemba Walker?

pj

Reaction Score
Like it! Come to UConn Terry!

Reaction Score
Team player who wants to get better year to year. Appsolutely screams U Conn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In his top 10 and he plans to visit in August.

On a related note, there must be about 10 kids who have said they're going to visit in August/September. It's hard to believe that nothing set in stone has been reported.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/terry-larrier-cuts-to-10/
Some of the kids are posturing, some are uncertain and some are genuinely interested. My take on this years recruiting is that the inability for UConn coaches to make contact in the April period really was a handicap for UConn, much more than CR. I know KO spun it the other way saying the coaching staff was fresh. But my bet is KO is like the energizer bunny and would have been just as fresh if he had the April period.

It really is remarkable the staff made such huge inroads. Without trying to get into another debate with our neighbors I would say that any recruits PC gets over UConn would be more about this handicap than Cooley being a better recruiter than KO. That's not a dig on the PC coach. He just started the race a lot earlier than KO. But so did a lot of other coaches and KO managed to pass them by.

This season is very important for both universities. A successful season with the way KO and Cooley recruit will pay dividends for many years to come.

caw

Reaction Score
So:
Top 4 for Abu
Top 5 for Perkins
Top 8 McLaughlin
Top 10 Larrier
Top 11 for Vaughn
Top 8 for Oubre
Top 7 for Black
Top 26(lol) for Turner
Robinson?
Chukwu?
Snider?
Carrington?
Kuzma?
Others?

Top 1 for Hamilton (5-star)
Top 1 for Purvis (5-star transfer)

Reaction Score
I really like all three of robinson, chatman, and this kid.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So:
Top 4 for Abu
Top 5 for Perkins
Top 8 McLaughlin
Top 10 Larrier
Top 11 for Vaughn
Top 8 for Oubre
Top 7 for Black
Top 26(lol) for Turner
Robinson?
Chukwu?
Snider?
Carrington?
Kuzma?
Others?

didn't turner cut his list?

K

Kemballin'

It's really weird, I look at Larrier's rivals and he has so many offers but barely any from top notch schools, I don't think Fordham knows who they're dealing with here.

Reaction Score
So:
Top 4 for Abu
Top 5 for Perkins
Top 8 McLaughlin
Top 10 Larrier
Top 11 for Vaughn
Top 8 for Oubre
Top 7 for Black
Top 26(lol) for Turner
Robinson?
Chukwu?
Snider?
Carrington?
Kuzma?
Others?

I, for one, believe it is imperative for us to pick up a point/true point for this class, so I'd love to see either Perkins or McLaughlin. McLaughlin's crossover is freaking filthy, I'd love seeing that every game. I think beyond that, my wishlist is Oubre first, then Abu (I think with his size/weight he can play stand up 4 or down low).

Reaction Score
According to Telep, Larrier has four lock visits: Florida, FSU, Miami and VCU. Hopefully UConn can snag the fifth.

Reaction Score
According to Telep, Larrier has four lock visits: Florida, FSU, Miami and VCU. Hopefully UConn can snag the fifth.

He could do an unofficial since its somewhat local, Carrington opted to go with an unofficial visit instead of an official when he visited.

Reaction Score
He could do an unofficial since its somewhat local, Carrington opted to go with an unofficial visit instead of an official when he visited.

True. Not sure, but aren't unofficial's more restrictive on what the school/recruit can do on a visit? Or is the only difference that the recruit gets his expenses paid on an official?

Reaction Score
True. Not sure, but aren't unofficial's more restrictive on what the school/recruit can do on a visit? Or is the only difference that the recruit gets his expenses paid on an official?
Unofficials are paid by the families and are usually just a day trip. They usually get shown around campus and talk to the coach about how they fit in and other stuff like that. Officials are over the course of a few days, usually a weekend. Those are paid by the schools. On them the recruits will get a tour of the campus, meet with the coaches and talk a lot, hang out with the current players, play ball with the current players, go to the head coaches house and meet his family and have a meal, and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom