Maddy Siegrist playing for USA Basketball's 3x3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maddy Siegrist playing for USA Basketball's 3x3

Reaction Score
They lost their opener in overtime against France U21, but won against hosts Romania:

Their quarterfinal will be against Lithuania U21 on Friday.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
They lost their opener in overtime against France U21, but won against hosts Romania:

Their quarterfinal will be against Lithuania U21 on Friday.

That game will start at 8:05 a.m. Here's a wrap-up on the first two games. In the 20-10 win over Romania, Maddy Westbeld led the United States with seven points and seven rebounds while Aaliyah Moore also contributed five points and six rebounds.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20220915-214117_Instagram.jpg

Dillon77

Reaction Score
U.S.A. defeats Lithuania 22-11 in quarterfinals to move into semis against France. Chance for revenge against France, who beat U.S. in very first game 18-17 (overtime). I only caught 2nd half of the game but U.S. was up comfortably and Maddy Westbeld closed it out with a long two (we'd call it a three).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maddy looks great. Live stream link.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Maddy looks great. Live stream link.

Just watched the entire game via replay. Maddy S. carried U.S. in the mid-part of the game, continually hitting turnaround jumpers and mid-range pops. Maddy W. finished off the Lithuanians but Siegrist and Utsby were on this game. Team goes to who has good match-ups, who is hot. Good sense of urgency this game, as well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
US loses 21-13 to France in the semi's. US team reverted to 1-1 play and no one on the team really could break down their defender like a KK Arnold or M Williams so they could only try to bully the ball in. (not ideal without a Strong or Dolson) Add missed FT's when fouled and good team play by France and it is Au Revoir

Reaction Score
U.S.A. defeats Lithuania 22-11 in quarterfinals to move into semis against France. Chance for revenge against France, who beat U.S. in very first game 18-17 (overtime). I only caught 2nd half of the game but U.S. was up comfortably and Maddy Westbeld closed it out with a long two (we'd call it a three).

It was actually the other French team, which was older, more experienced, and generally more highly-regarded in terms of prospects. The two French teams squared off in the final and the older team won.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
It was actually the other French team, which was older, more experienced, and generally more highly-regarded in terms of prospects. The two French teams squared off in the final and the older team won.
Thanks. I have not paid much attention to the Nations Cup 3x3 organization/tournament until the U.S. qualified.
How is it that France had two teams qualify? Is it the teams that qualify? Or nations allowed to enter two teams based on success? Very willing to learn here. Thanks for input/explanation!

Reaction Score
Thanks. I have not paid much attention to the Nations Cup 3x3 organization/tournament until the U.S. qualified.
How is it that France had two teams qualify? Is it the teams that qualify? Or nations allowed to enter two teams based on success? Very willing to learn here. Thanks for input/explanation!
I am not sure what the exact rules were, but FIBA basically invited everyone to field teams and then they created 11 conferences along with 1 host spot to determine the teams that would play in the final tournament:

They were shooting for six team conferences so interested countries were able to field a second team to get the numbers to the level that they wanted. Assuming slightly different numbers around the world, if there were ten countries in the Americas that wanted to field a team, presumably the United States would have been offered the chance to field another team.

Reaction Score
US loses 21-13 to France in the semi's. US team reverted to 1-1 play and no one on the team really could break down their defender like a KK Arnold or M Williams so they could only try to bully the ball in. (not ideal without a Strong or Dolson) Add missed FT's when fouled and good team play by France and it is Au Revoir

USA was slower than France! Too many "bunnies" missed by the USA. France
had some nice set plays. USA was caught a number of times with two defenders
for the USA covering an outside French lady. .. easy pass... easy score. OUCH!

Reaction Score
The media and their advertisers like to focus on stars and teamwork gets mostly ignored.
Example: Creighton.

Reaction Score
The media and their advertisers like to focus on stars and teamwork gets mostly ignored.
Example: Creighton.
I will be watching to see who wins the # 2 slot in the BIG EAST ( after UCONN, of
course!). I like Creighton, but they lack height...sp,.. do you like DePaul, Marquette,
or Seton Hall?, or the Villanova team with Siegrist back from her 3X3 USA team
summer tour?? My Preseason rankings: UCONN, DePaul ( aka Morrow with
a PG transfer), Seton Hall ( I'm originallly from N.J.), Marquette, and then Villanova
( Maddy will have a good season, again, but I think that their rotation is weaker
than the other picks). GO BIG EAST = Three teams in the NCAA!!!

Reaction Score
One more U23 event starts on Wednesday in Romania. The United States is sending all pros to this tournament with Veronica Burton, Emily Engstler, Lexie Hull, and N'dea Jones there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

21-1 over Dominican Republic
22-5 over Uzbekistan

Our team just overpowered and towered over our opponents. But we did not look as good as you might expect with those scores.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not 100% sure but in a close battle with Japan, Ndea Jones pulled something in her calf. Announcer talking about muscle tear. US can only play 3. Seems pretty serious.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks for the links, eembg! Very enjoyable. Mongolia was a pleasant surprise for me. I wouldn't have even suspected they'd have a team, but they're really pretty good.

Reaction Score
Smooth sailing until they needed to grind out a win against China in the semifinals and then they lost to France in the final.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Smooth sailing until they needed to grind out a win against China in the semifinals and then they lost to France in the final.
US needed more consistent 2pt shooting. Burton got hot at the end but too late. M Williams in U19 was better than anyone on the U23.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom