Maddy Siegrist playing for USA Basketball's 3x3 | The Boneyard

Maddy Siegrist playing for USA Basketball's 3x3

Reaction Score
Very GOOD choice.... GO BIG EAST, Go Villanova!

Other team members are from: N.D. Texas, Duke, North Carolina, Texas A & M!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With Poughkeepsie a 2-1/2 hr drive from downtown Storrs, was Maddy ever on UConn’s recruiting radar back in the day?

Reaction Score
"The Poughkeepsie Pistol" and "Straight Shooter" .... so, Maddy, do that in the clutch in the Latin America
3X3 games!!!! Go USA, Go BIG EAST. Maddy be the MVP in the Big East and in the U 23 Women's 3X3 this month!!
This should be fun to follow!!

Reaction Score
She was not picked for the squad in the first tournament as the United States went with Celeste Taylor, Alyssa Ustby, Maddy Westbeld, and Aaliyah Moore. The team had no issues in the two pool play games, but it was close in the championship against Argentina before they won right at the end.

Reaction Score
She was not picked for the squad in the first tournament as the United States went with Celeste Taylor, Alyssa Ustby, Maddy Westbeld, and Aaliyah Moore. The team had no issues in the two pool play games, but it was close in the championship against Argentina before they won right at the end.
I was wondering when the USA team had more than the required 4 players! Maddy will get them next time!

Reaction Score
With Poughkeepsie a 2-1/2 hr drive from downtown Storrs, was Maddy ever on UConn’s recruiting radar back in the day?
I’ve wondered this, too. But it may be that she was only interested in a catholic school. Otherwise, a lot of teams missed the boat with her, because I think she was very lightly recruited.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When Maddy Siegrist was entering her senior year at Our Lady of Lourdes High School in Poughkeepsie, New York, she was a good basketball player, but not a highly sought-after prospect. She was absent from ESPN’s Top 100 rankings in the class of 2018.

The Boneyard would have imploded if Geno recruited someone outside the top 100. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Siegrist and Kayla Wells replaced Taylor and Moore for the 2nd set of games. The United States was tested by Argentina again, but controlled the end of the game to win another tournament.

Reaction Score
The rotation was completed with Taylor and Moore coming back in for Ustby and Westbeld. Argentina was in the same group this time so the win over them sent them into the final game, which they won.

Tuesday is the off day, but expect a similar pattern for the tournaments Wednesday through Friday.

Reaction Score
Siegrist, Ustby, Westbeld, and Moore was the lineup for the fourth event and they won pretty solidly and without having to face their friends from Argentina.

Wells is listed on the senior USA roster for their event in Quebec so they may be choosing from five players for these last events.

Reaction Score
Maddy is the kind of player I love to dislike during games against Uconn--which means I respect her and others like her. Congrats. Then too POUGHKEEPSEE, NY???? The long standing long distance shooter of an age of great UConn Men's BB. Wes Ballensuka (spelling is suspect) before the 3 ball arrived in Storrs, regularly drilled shots from near or beyond Half court in the old field house. Thank you--I get chills all over thinking of the cold walks across the open parking lot to my pick up (that wouldn't start!. Thank you

Reaction Score
Moore replaced Siegrist for the last tournament. It was smooth sailing in pool play, but the United States just managed to get past Venezuela in the final to sweep the entire event.

Reaction Score
Maddy is the kind of player I love to dislike during games against Uconn--which means I respect her and others like her. Congrats. Then too POUGHKEEPSEE, NY???? The long standing long distance shooter of an age of great UConn Men's BB. Wes Ballensuka (spelling is suspect) before the 3 ball arrived in Storrs, regularly drilled shots from near or beyond Half court in the old field house. Thank you--I get chills all over thinking of the cold walks across the open parking lot to my pick up (that wouldn't start!. Thank you
Cool memories, TCC Kid, so to speak...

It was Wes Bialosuknia, my favorite UConn player when I was a kid. He averaged 28 ppg as a senior and more than 23 for his three-year career, still the highest average in UConn history. He also held the old ABA record of nine straight made three-pointers. Like Pete Maravich of the same era, he'd have averaged so much higher in college if there'd been a three-point shot.

I was surprised recently on the BY thread about sports nicknames that I offered up the Poughkeepsie Popper yet no one responded that it was Wes. Sadly, Bialosuknia died young, at age 68 in 2013.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom