mad dog goes off | Page 3 | The Boneyard

mad dog goes off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arguing about individual bubble teams is pretty useless because they all have flaws and they all have pros and cons. Saying "just win more" is dumb. There will always be close calls.
What people are mad about is the ample evidence that the committee phoned it in.
I agree. All have flaws. But I said win more because that applies to any bubble team. An if you have a better record you increase your likelihood to be on the inside. But also keep in mind that there were an inordinate number of bid stealers this year. Most years it’s 1-2. I read somewhere the average is like 1.7. This year there were 5. So there were more burst bubbles than usual.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Obviously not. Since, you know, they are watching from home. I told you. They were not that good. In the meat of their schedule they went 2-8. Then went on a 6 game win streak which sounds more impressive in the abstract than it was in reality. Beat Creighton. Great upset win. Then they beat Georgetown (2-18 Conference record) Butler (9-11 and in the midst of its own 5 game losing streak) DePaul (0-20), Georgetown again, and Seton Hall, a good win. Add in losses to Michigan and BC and the got what they deserved. Want to call it the eye test, fine. that’s what it was. They were not that good. They certainly didn’t deserve to get in over Seton Hall who owned a winning record head to head, a better league record, comparable season win total, and a win over the #1 team in the country And a win over #5 Marquette. In a year with 5 bid stealers compared to the typical 2 the Johnnies are on the outside looking in every time. Only reason they even come up is Pitino and the media’s desire for a feel good story.
I don’t get all the St John’s sympathy honestly. Except Pitino in his usual classless way ran to the media and whined. I hate Seton Hall. Hate them. But in this case they got screwed, not the the Johnnies. Mad dog and his cronies would have had a case if they argued Seton Hall. So would you. And if Pitino wasn’t the St John’s coach, maybe they would have.

NCAA Net Rankings

KenPom

Vegas Power Rankings

Eye Test

Nothing supports your argument. Every bubble team has blemishes, hence they're bubble teams. The bottom line is you're choosing to cite the most mocked committee in tournament history. OK, whatever

I'm citing everything else

Reaction Score
Reminds you how much better Dog was than Mike who is crapping his pants over Hurley Sr. sitting courtside.
Mike said basically the same thing as mad dog on his podcast. He loves UConn. He’s picked UConn to win the NC.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I can't believe the Yarders dont remember that Fatscesa spent the better part of the 90's eviscerating Calhoun for "never being able to get his talented teams over the hump to the Final Four/Natty," then got out the knee pads for JC on March 30, 1999. Mikes Zaun should have parodied that.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the Yarders dont remember that Fatscesa spent the better part of the 90's eviscerating Calhoun for "never being able to get his talented teams over the hump to the Final Four/Natty," then got out the knee pads for JC on March 30, 1999. Mikes Zaun should have parodied that.
Calhoun became very famous with those 3 titles and Mike‘s lips became more firmly attached. Callers who disagreed with Mike were dirt. That Mike ZaUN stuff was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom