Macduffie VS Putnam 9pm - HoopHall Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Macduffie VS Putnam 9pm - HoopHall Classic

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Bouknight has a great handle but his motor looks questionable. I know he has a great work ethic but needs to get tougher mentally and physically.

Reaction Score
Bouknight has a great handle but his motor looks questionable. I know he has a great work ethic but needs to get tougher mentally and physically.
He seems to do better in 2nd half so it will be interesting to watch....

Reaction Score
Macduffie lost by 20....bouknight didnt play great, I think around 13 points, but you can see the crazy potential and high bball IQ

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yea I really like Diarra
I did when I saw him last month. Looks better than Langford despite not being ranked as highly. Great defender and just a really tough guard. Depending on scholarship count I think he’d make a great Vital replacement. He’s grown too; probably 6’3 now.

Reaction Score
Macduffie lost by 20....bouknight didnt play great, I think around 13 points, but you can see the crazy potential and high bball IQ

Is Bouknight just "too cool" and spending too much time working on his image as "effortless James"? We don't need "cool" guys, we need guys who are hard nosed and working hard all the time. Is he going to be another Jalen Adams?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Is Bouknight just "too cool" and spending too much time working on his image as "effortless James"? We don't need "cool" guys, we need guys who are hard nosed and working hard all the time. Is he going to be another Jalen Adams?
Making stuff up about the kid based on a nickname made for him when he was 15, and then acting like we wouldn’t want another Jalen Adams. Home run post

Reaction Score
we’d be beyond fortunate if he’s as good as jalen adams
I think you are really underestimating how good Bouknight is. As long as his knee is healthy, his future is incredibly bright.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

This post has to be someone's backup account for like farming.

Making stuff up about the kid based on a nickname made for him when he was 15, and then acting like we wouldn’t want another Jalen Adams. Home run post
Why?
I think we need to look into this.
we’d be beyond fortunate if he’s as good as jalen adams
BUT WAS HIS SHIRT TUCKED IN???

@Deepster Stuff like this needs to be accounted for in the analysis.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A complete DB statement based on ZERO
If he is another JA - awesome

Reaction Score
Why?

Lots of quotes in other threads over the last month or two, but this one from the current Jalen Adams thread says it best:
"He's the best player on the floor when he wants to be. There in lies the problem. "

Reaction Score

The point is everyone loves him now but what if he doesn't turn out to be Lamb? What if everyone expects Donny Marshall and we get Polley?

Bouknight has been put on a pedestal probably similar to the one Adams was put on when he arrived, and I've mentioned the nickname "Effortless" in a positive way to friends when talking about this year's recruiting class, but wonder what this forum will say about him in 3 or 4 years if his career follows Adams' trajectory.

Read the "Jalen Adams thread" and comments made about him in a number of others recently. Everything from questioning his attitude, his conditioning, his smile during losses, his scooter accident and the comparisons to Tony Robertson (replete with implied negatives) that point to effort as a big issue in the minds of many.

C

Chief00

I would love if he had Jalen’s talent and loyalty to the school.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lots of quotes in other threads over the last month or two, but this one from the current Jalen Adams thread says it best:
"He's the best player on the floor when he wants to be. There in lies the problem. "

It was very irresponsible and unintelligent of you to assume--without any basis--that James Bouknight's attitude and work ethic are deficient in any way.

You should reflect on this, and hopefully avoid making such leaps in the future.

Reaction Score
It was very irresponsible and unintelligent of you to assume--without any basis--that James Bouknight's attitude and work ethic are deficient in any way.

You should reflect on this, and hopefully avoid making such leaps in the future.

That wasn't my quote about Adams, as I noted, but it seems to be one of the frequent criticisms here about him.

As for Bouknight, my wording was poor but refer back to my post above. None of us want him to face the same types of critiques that have been thrown at Adams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom