Mac update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mac update

Reaction Score
Very odd, as at one point he seemed like the heaviest UConn lean out of everyone out there, regardless of class. I'm wondering if he's frustrated that we seem to have prioritized Sanogo over him at least from a 2020 reclassification standpoint. But if we don't get Sanogo and Mac stays in 2021, he probably becomes our very top priority in 2021. Confusing.

Reaction Score
This is so reminiscent of the Cockburn recruitment. Where he was talking about us, seemed to be a lean our way then Illinois gets a visit they become heavily involved, other schools offer and we are totally out of the picture.
Its frustrating for sure, but thats on us. If the staff's interest was as high as this boards, then they have to close. Especially in our backyard. As we know, recruiting is fluid. Did Hurley's interest wane?

C

Chief00

We'd like it even better if you used your considerable influence to get his commitment soon.
The circumstances during this COVID-19 period are a little different than usual. Still in the process of adjusting and learning the path to excel. Working at it.

Reaction Score
The circumstances during this COVID-19 period are a little different than usual. Still in the process of adjusting and learning the path to excel. Working at it.
whatever antigua's doing is prob a good start. would think the quarantine should be helping us not hurting us when it comes to Mac

Reaction Score
Wow that was a disappointing article.....Maybe he knows Sanogo is coming here lol

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
whatever antigua's doing is prob a good start. would think the quarantine should be helping us not hurting us when it comes to Mac
1586814365526.png

Reaction Score
I haven't been that high on him, but, I love the fact that he's evaluating teams based on trying to win a National Championship, and the quality of the point guard. Very refreshing to hear, instead of so many players who decide based on who they think can get them to the NBA ASAP. I actually like him better after reading those statements. Winning the Championship was a primary driver of Khalid's decision and that worked out well for us.

Reaction Score
I haven't been that high on him, but, I love the fact that he's evaluating teams based on trying to win a National Championship, and the quality of the point guard. Very refreshing to hear, instead of so many players who decide based on who they think can get them to the NBA ASAP. I actually like him better after reading those statements. Winning the Championship was a primary driver of Khalid's decision and that worked out well for us.

Hope you're right about how he's thinking about NC's, but it's hard to listen to him gushing about Kansas, Lousieville, Marquette and Illinois and not get the feeling he knows very little about the history of each school and is being swayed by hype and BS. We can only hope his advisors see the reality of each school, its history and what it offers and that they're not seeking $ like another big's people allegedly were.

Was it Sanogo that totally dominated him in a game this year?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hope you're right about how he's thinking about NC's, but it's hard to listen to him gushing about Kansas, Lousieville, Marquette and Illinois and not get the feeling he knows very little about the history of each school and is being swayed by hype and BS.

It's almost as if he values different things than you would were you in his shoes.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Zag omitted Uconn from the article, he's not a fan. Either way, we're going to be much better next year and going forward. The program is not about one guy. Hurley will get his guy

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Zag omitted Uconn from the article, he's not a fan. Either way, we're going to be much better next year and going forward. The program is not about one guy. Hurley will get his guy
For one thing, Zags loves Hurley. But that's besides the point because he didn't write it, it was some other guy at the site

Reaction Score
Really good article here.

says some really nice things about UConn. Think we will have a great shot if he reclasses.

EB: "UConn, what stands out about Dan Hurleyand the Huskies?"

ME: "We all have a great relationship, coach Hurley and coach (Tom) Moore. One time they came to my school just to say hi and we ended up talking for like two and a half hour. I visited their campus a couple of times so I have a very good feel about UConn. I feel like it's a great school and them moving to the Big East next year is really good. They have a lot of players that I already know and am close with. It would be like going onto a team where you already have friends there and that you know you are going to enjoy yourself."

Reaction Score
In times like these building relationships to make kids and their families feel as safe as possible is more important than ever. Foster a family environment and you’ll win long term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom