Lynx vs Sparks... Predictions! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lynx vs Sparks... Predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WNBA: Officials missed call late in Game 4

Has the NBA ever come out with a statement like this? 2nd time now that the W has come out stating the refs made bad calls in pivotal moments.

Yes they have. Several times. My thing is, the refs miss calls or make bad calls all the times. They are human like the rest of us. Coming out with this stuff is irrelevant in my eyes. It's not like they are going to go back and replay they game.

Reaction Score
Yes they have. Several times. My thing is, the refs miss calls or make bad calls all the times. They are human like the rest of us. Coming out with this stuff is irrelevant in my eyes. It's not like they are going to go back and replay they game.
No what is done is done. But never-the-less it is up to the league to acknowledge mistakes by the officials. It's important for the integrity of the game. Accountability is important. Players get held accountable for there mistakes and so should official. Only then will the quality improve.

Reaction Score
No what is done is done. But never-the-less it is up to the league to acknowledge mistakes by the officials. It's important for the integrity of the game. Accountability is important. Players get held accountable for there mistakes and so should official. Only then will the quality improve.

Or how about charging the Ref's for bad calls... Like how players get charged for Technicals, they should charge Ref's for bad calls. lol. Have a detailed review of each game and penalize them by each error. That might make it better :p

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
If the Sparks come with "plan A" tonight, I fear they will win. Anything else looks good for the Lynx.

Reaction Score
The Sparks can do whatever they want tonight. I hope they stink up the court on Thursday. ;)
Big bird might have been speaking metaphorically ------You know the long night that must pass before victory brings back the light of day. ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Game 5 tonight for all the marbles - 8 p.m. Eastern time on ESPN2

Should be a battle.

I think they will be sending traps and double teams Maya's way on the perimeter and will generally be helping on Maya on most possessions. Agler, in huddles, is always keying on her. Methinks this will be a game with a lot of assists for Maya, something she has done a lot this year. Having said that, Maya is adept at scoring in pretty much any way imaginable, not just the set offense, so the Sparks have their work cut out for them.

. . . . Alana Beard still thinks that defense has to be the cornerstone of trying to beat Minnesota one last time. Maya Moore had 31 points in Sunday's game. As skilled a threat as Moore is, the Sparks saw on film that they also gave her too many chances to get easier baskets.

"We are a defensive team," Beard said. "Being more locked in at the point of attack changes things. Keeping more focus on Maya. She scored some of her points on picking up loose balls, or kick-outs in transition. And once she gets those kinds of baskets, that really gets her going.

"She's the best scorer in the league, in my opinion. But it's about just staying aggressive and making every shot difficult for her."

M. Voepel - ESPN.com

cp3brunson.jpg

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Big bird might have been speaking metaphorically ------You know the long night that must pass before victory brings back the light of day. ;)

You're being too kind. Bigbird was <<< chokes on it >>>> wrong. Hard to admit something like that. But then, I watched the debate...

Reaction Score
WNBA: Officials missed call late in Game 4

Has the NBA ever come out with a statement like this? 2nd time now that the W has come out stating the refs made bad calls in pivotal moments.
Refs tried to give Sparks the game all through the game. Three fouls on Brunson in the 1st quarter wasn't enough. The fourth quarter was a complete give away of foul calls in favor of the Sparks. Still, no spark to CP or the rest of her team. This backcourt mistake didn't make any difference. But maybe the ref's will finally figure out how to make it up to CP and the Sparks in game 5. Then they can finally feel that phony pride in themselves.

Reaction Score
I am rooting for Lynx.
Sparks will be ready. So far in the series Parker (and some of her teammates) did not play well with 48 hrs of rest.
They are now well rested. Lynx will have a fight on their hands.

Reaction Score
1. LA has been very good all season and present a very tough matchup for Minnesota.
2. LA has shown that they can stay in a game with less than stellar performances from Parker and Ogwumike.
3. For Minnesota to win, they will need another outstanding offensive performance from Maya Moore.
4. Even an outstanding performance from Maya will be negated if either Parker or Ogwumike bring their A games. If both LA superstars bring their respective A games, it will be LA flying the trophy back home and making an appointment to visit the 45th President at the White House.
5. For a team with no Olympians to triumph over a team with four Olympians would be rather remarkable. LA having taken this series to five games has already garnered my respect and admiration.
6. This series should be getting more press/hype. It has been quite good and features the aforementioned Olympians, the defending champs, the two best teams in the league, three current or former league MVPs, and the current Defensive Player of the Year.

Reaction Score
Sparks win Sparks win. Sparks win!!
Not in my mind, Rebecca's or the other TV announcers, or anyone else who watched the game. Nneka gets 25-second shot clock at the end of the game????? This isn't doing anything for the WNBA's credibility - the team that scored more points lost.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not in my mind, Rebecca's or the other TV announcers, or anyone else who watched the game. Nneka gets 25-second shot clock at the end of the game????? This isn't doing anything for the WNBA's credibility - the team that scored more points lost.

Oh well. Like I learned a few years ago, never blame the refs for the outcome of a game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sparks win Sparks win. Sparks win!!

Congrats on the win. I was very happy to see Parker get her championship. How this woman wasn't chose for the Olympics or even on the WNBA first or second team is beyond me. She can now give everyone the finger while she holds the trophy in the other hand.

Yes, the one Nneka shot was after the shot clock, but all Minnesota had to do was secure that last rebound but somebody forgot to put a body on Nneka, who ran right in, got the rebound, got her shot blocked but persisted and put up another shot...the dagger.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Oh well. Like I learned a few years ago, never blame the refs for the outcome of a game.

If there was ever a time when it was deserved it's this one. Pathetic job after signaling the shot be reviewed.

Reaction Score
You're right, but the WNBA really does need to get some real refs. This, and the bogus half-court call in the last game, are things they have to get right - not judgement calls, just pure black-and-white clock issues. The call tonight was potentially worth 4 points. Minny should have been up 1 instead of down 1. Then, on top of that, they use their last time out trying to get the review which one ref unsuccessfully tried to initiate, then don't have a TO left to take the ball in in their own court with 3 seconds left.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
You're right, but the WNBA really does need to get some real refs. This, and the bogus half-court call in the last game, are things they have to get right - not judgement calls, just pure black-and-white clock issues. So Minny uses their last time out tonight trying to get the review which one ref unsuccessfully tried to initiate, then doesn't have a TO to take the ball in in their own court with 3 seconds left.

I don't think that's why they took the timeout....they took the timeout because they were down 1 with 20 seconds left. The timeout that they blew on Fowles hand injury was critical in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom