Lynx up by 2 at the half in San Antonio, 42-40 | The Boneyard

Lynx up by 2 at the half in San Antonio, 42-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seimone has 16 on 8-12 shooting.

Maya has 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assists.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
big 3rd quarter for the Lynx as they are up 11 with a minute left in the Q...

Reaction Score
Minnesota up 61-50 in the 4th. Augustus leading the Lynx with 20 points. Maya with a double-double so far. 11 points 10 rebounds 3 assists

Reaction Score
Minnesota looks like they will close this out and clinch the Western Conference. Up 10 with about 3 minutes. But who knows? SA may come back. Maya now with 17 points and 11 rebounds to go with 3 assists. Her first WNBA double-double if I'm not mistaken. Augustus with 20 points. When those two are both playing well, Minnesota is just scary good.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maya lit it up - 19 points, 13 boards, 3 assists and 1 steal.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Scotter i think pointed out that Minny plays the best when TAj is on the bench and Wiggins is in.

Reaction Score
Glad to see Maya turned it around and made her last two threes. There's a huge difference between her getting those 6 and not so good for her. Love the rebounds as well!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya lit it up - 19 points, 13 boards, 3 assists and 1 steal.
Feeling more comfortable about the ROY voting? Trust me, the voters recognize what she is doing. The Lynx clinched their first-ever 1-seed in the playoffs. Maya has been a 1-seed her entire life.

Reaction Score
Feeling more comfortable about the ROY voting? Trust me, the voters recognize what she is doing. The Lynx clinched their first-ever 1-seed in the playoffs. Maya has been a 1-seed her entire life.

She has looked a lot more active offensively these last two games, both on and off the ball. She has been more aggressive coming off screens as well as with the ball in her hands. If she keeps shooting, the shots are eventually going to start falling.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She has looked a lot more active offensively these last two games, both on and off the ball. She has been more aggressive coming off screens as well as with the ball in her hands. If she keeps shooting, the shots are eventually going to start falling.
I saw her in person in D.C. and thought she looked very good. They still need to do a better job of finding her in her spots, but she's doing fine. She competes very hard, as always.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maya's shooting %s (43 and 36) are slightly better than Angel's and very similar to Diana's and Catching's.

She's had a remarkable rooking season. She's shown throughout her career that she knows how to be the best player on her team, scoring a basket, grabbing a rebound, or just making a play when one was needed. In her first year in the WNBA, she's shown that she can impact the game when she's not (yet) the go-to player. All she's done as the #1 pick is fit in with her team, figure out how she can make the team better, make hustle plays all over the court and improve her play steadily throughout the year. She's still the same humble Maya. She plays on the best team in the league and she's played like a ROY to me. Maybe even Pam Ward will vote for her.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Sure wish Adams hadn't gotten hurt - would have made the second half of the season very interesting.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Scotter i think pointed out that Minny plays the best when TAj is on the bench and Wiggins is in.

In re: to Scotter's great post the other day, it was indeed very interesting to see how well Minn performed when they went small, which was for a good portion of the game up in the Twin Cities against SAS. However, I don't beleive that Taj's role will or should be reduced or that they play better in general when Taj is on the bench. SAS is just not a strong team in the paint right now - witness last night's 30-4* drubbing for points in the paint, which is a new record (low) for Lynx opponents IIRC. They have a lot of mobile, athletic shooters so Reeve has the option of going small against a team like this and it can work really well. I am still a big fan of Wiggins and the bench players in general for the Lynx, because they have really come up big in multiple games this year. The thing that you really have to love about the Lynx is that on a given night, you never really know who is going to beat you. This maxim holds true for starters and bench players.

I like that as the year has progressed, Reeve has experimented with more lineup combos - you see a lot of flexibility for this team heading into the playoffs to deal with different matchups that they will face.

* I don't know if the 30-4 points in the paint stat is absolutely accurate for last night's game (seems almost impossible that a pro team could go a whole game and have only 4 points in the paint) but regardless, Ruth Riley and big Jayne were both scoreless so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom