Lynx @ Sparks - 9/29/17 | The Boneyard

Lynx @ Sparks - 9/29/17

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Big game tonight. The winner moves within 1 game of the championship.

Reaction Score
Cannot believe refs didn't give Parker a foul while Maya has 2 fouls...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
8 points in the first quarter for the Lynx. That ties the record for any first quarter of any finals game.

The Lynx may have just lost the game in the first quarter, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya and Nneka each have 3 fouls.

Minny's half-court offense is grinding to a halt.

Reaction Score
They said that there's no player in the wnba Parker's size who can affect the game in so many ways... ummm.... how about Stewie??? I mean, I know her team is pretty terrible, but c'mon, how could they forget Stewie?!

Reaction Score
They said that there's no player in the wnba Parker's size who can affect the game in so many ways... ummm.... how about Stewie??? I mean, I know her team is pretty terrible, but c'mon, how could they forget Stewie?!
With refs' help yes, she can affect the game in so many ways

Reaction Score
Because her team is bad. You have to be good enough to affect the game so your team actually wins.

Reaction Score
This is the most one-sided refereeing I've ever seen. Refs put Maya on the bench for most of the first half, then put LA in the bonus before calling even one team foul on LA. Having said that, it would help if the Lynx could make a field goal.

Reaction Score
This is the most one-sided refereeing I've ever seen. Refs put Maya on the bench for most of the first half, then put LA in the bonus before calling even one team foul on LA. Having said that, it would help if the Lynx could make a field goal.
Yeah, there IS that. That and Maya didn't show up in the first half and Augustus didn't show up at all. And Whalen has a nice line: 0 Points /0 Assists

Reaction Score
LA is just too young and athletic. And yes, their defense is all that. I wasn't sure after watching their series with Phoenix, but they've made a believer out of me. They're disrupting the guard play of the Lynx almost to the point of shut down, much the way Mississippi State did to UConn in the Final Four.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The series is playing out pretty much as I expected.
Maya has to work for every shot
And LA's darned good.
Just too much youth, talent, athleticism, experience and...lets not forget... coaching

Reaction Score
Also how about EDD at 6'5" as a peer to both Stewie at 6'4" and Parker, 6'5"?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Did Whalen get hurt? The box score says she only played 12 minutes.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sparks just look like the better team. I will not be surprised if Minnesota comes out guns blazing in game 4 though...disappointing showings from Whalen/Augustus and a less than stellar game from Moore and Fowles. If it wasn't for Montgomery and Jones this would've been a 20+ point win for LA.

LA needs to get a similar effort from their starters as they did tonight. Really good balanced numbers from their big 4.

Hopefully I don't end up eating my words, but for all the flack Parker gets for coasting and being lazy defensively, she had worked her tail off the entire post season. Outstanding defense in the semis against Griner and she's done a terrific job so far this series against the MVP Sylvia Fowles.

Reaction Score
The difference between Stevie, EDD, and Parker is that Parker is a terrific passer. I thought I heard the announcers say that she leads the team in assists.

Reaction Score
Did Whalen get hurt? The box score says she only played 12 minutes.

Whalen is hit and miss versus LA (and so is Augustus). Montgomery has a very good history of playing well versus LA so I think Cheryl is more comfortable with Renee versus LA if Whalen starts out poorly or not aggressive enough.

LA has possibly 4 of the top 10 defensive guards in the league. Carson, Beard, Sims and Prince are all outstanding defenders.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Whalen is hit and miss versus LA (and so is Augustus). Montgomery has a very good history of playing well versus LA so I think Cheryl is more comfortable with Renee versus LA if Whalen starts out poorly or not aggressive enough.

LA has possibly 4 of the top 10 defensive guards in the league. Carson, Beard, Sims and Prince are all outstanding defenders.

Prince? You mean Gray right?

Reaction Score
If/When the Lynx lose this series...dare I might say its time to retool the team. Augustus has just played awful this series. She pretty much is a liability on defense.
I really wanted to see Maya hoist the trophy this year...Oh well...

Parker adds to her legacy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom