Lynx at Liberty at 8 today on the Deuce. | The Boneyard

Lynx at Liberty at 8 today on the Deuce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for the reminder. Two of the three leading scorers in the league, Tina and her former roomie, Maya. (Diana is 2nd.)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
And don't forget Kiah "No-no" Stokes...! :p

kiah no no.jpg

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Some rather awful basketball so far. Maya is being Maya, but otherwise a turnover fest.

Edit: Maybe it only SEEMS awful when Carolyn Peck tries to explain it. Peck's last game as an analyst is this one tonight. Don't let the door hit you...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Peck: "I'm here tonight for a reason."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya started hot and made a number of acrobatic shots, reaching a game high 25. Tina got hot in the second half and finished with her 5th double-double in 5 games. Kiah blocked Fowles' shot and got 9 boards. And Renee hit 5 of 6 shots and got a couple of steals. Swin was still getting acclimated and impacted the box score most in the PF column with 5. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina still leads the league in scoring, at 23.4 ppg. Maya is second, and Diana is third.

Tina also leads the league in rebounding, at 11.8 rpg. Stewie is tied for fourth, and Kiah is ninth.

Renee is third in the league in steals, at 2.8 spg. Tina is tied for fourth.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really impressed with Renee's play this year - probably her best 6 game stretch as a pro. She has found a home and a role and is really blossoming. It is interesting seeing how players develop as pros over time - some really struggling for their first few years. Probably as much about the teams they end up playing for as their own development.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
First game I saw this year. Personally, I couldn't get all that interested.

Does anyone think that the W is more fun in person than on TV (whereas, for college games not involving "my" team, TV is fine)?

Reaction Score
First game I saw this year. Personally, I couldn't get all that interested.

Does anyone think that the W is more fun in person than on TV (whereas, for college games not involving "my" team, TV is fine)?

I'm the exact opposite. I've watched every W game so far. I like the fact that every team has good players and almost every team has former Huskies, whereas in college it sometimes looks like a little girls soccer game with no spacing whatsoever. I watch some other than Uconn college games, but most of the time I can't handle the ineptness. And the W will get better as the season goes on. Right now it's hot turnovers for everybody!

But I am in no way criticizing your preference. I can understand the appeal of the college game too.

Reaction Score
Really impressed with Renee's play this year - probably her best 6 game stretch as a pro. She has found a home and a role and is really blossoming. It is interesting seeing how players develop as pros over time - some really struggling for their first few years. Probably as much about the teams they end up playing for as their own development.
To think that Minnesota traded Renee to get Lindsay Whalen in 2010, and now they have both playing at a high level, after winning a few league championships. Not bad work. Lindsay turned 34 last month, so Renee seems primed to get more minutes in the near future. Kind of reminds me of when Dallas traded Herschel Walker for several draft picks, won three Super Bowls, and then got Herschel back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom