Lynx All-25 (so many Huskies!) | The Boneyard

Lynx All-25 (so many Huskies!)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I must admit, Odyssey Sims, who played all of a season and a half with the Lynx, and Devereaux Peters, who played four seasons but also averaged four points, have me scratching my head. I haven't followed the W that long, so don't have any other suggestions, just seems weird to me.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maya should be #1 in Lynx All-25.

Moore has won four WNBA championships (2011, 2013, 2015, and 2017), a WNBA Most Valuable Player Award (2014),[5] a WNBA Finals MVP Award (2013),[6] three WNBA All-Star Game MVPs (2015, 2017, and 2018), two Olympic gold medals (2012 and 2016), a WNBA Scoring Title (2014), and the WNBA Rookie of the Year Award (2011).
Hey, it is Minnesota so naming a Minnesota native daughter #1 is acceptable. That final five are all amazing players! Brunson, the least 'heralded' of the five, was that player ever team needs that does all the nasty work on defense and the boards to make the other players shine. The two draftees - Moore and Augustus and the arrival by trade (Montgomery out, Whalen in) of Whalen and arrival of Brunson by dispersal draft, laid the foundation of their decade of dominance and four titles. Fowles arrived late to the game but was essential to the end of that decade and the final two.

I think they were scraping the barrel to get to 25. Montgomery and Dangerfield both fall into the Sims category of well yeah they were there, but ...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lindsay, Seimone, and Sylvia didn't win any championships until Maya arrived. She was clearly the #1 Lynx player.
It does take a team to win a title ...
for example: Maya didn't win a title after Tina graduated at Uconn so obviously Tina was more important!:rolleyes:

Cheryl was building a championship roster and Maya was the final piece to arrive, but they were all brought in over a three year period - Seimone first, Lindsay and Rebecca next, and then Maya - actually 'Mama Taj' also came in 2010 as the fifth cog in that first championship.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It does take a team to win a title ...
for example: Maya didn't win a title after Tina graduated at Uconn so obviously Tina was more important!:rolleyes:

Cheryl was building a championship roster and Maya was the final piece to arrive, but they were all brought in over a three year period - Seimone first, Lindsay and Rebecca next, and then Maya - actually 'Mama Taj' also came in 2010 as the fifth cog in that first championship.

Yes, it certainly takes a team to win a title, but some numbers to consider:

Number of championships in years of their career:

Brunson: 5 in 15

Whalen: 4 in 15

Seimone: 4 in 15

Sylvia: 2 in 15

Maya: 4 in 8

Number of championships without Maya: 1

Number of championships in college: Maya 2; everyone else combined 0.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes, it certainly takes a team to win a title, but some numbers to consider:

Number of championships in years of their career:

Brunson: 5 in 15

Whalen: 4 in 15

Seimone: 4 in 15

Sylvia: 2 in 15

Maya: 4 in 8

Number of championships without Maya: 1

Number of championships in college: Maya 2; everyone else combined 0.
I don't know, Maya and Whalen are the laggards in terms of Olym[pic medals with two each, while Sylvia has four and Seimone has three. I think Maya helped a little with team chemistry but the others sort of had to carry her to the finish line! :rolleyes:

And yes, Maya was the leader of the band, but I don't think they win one without all four of the others and without Taj for the first one. Maya was a fabulous player, but had a very short career, and I really missed her when she stopped playing. As did the Lynx and the WNBA.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know, Maya and Whalen are the laggards in terms of Olym[pic medals with two each, while Sylvia has four and Seimone has three. I think Maya helped a little with team chemistry but the others sort of had to carry her to the finish line! :rolleyes:

And yes, Maya was the leader of the band, but I don't think they win one without all four of the others and without Taj for the first one. Maya was a fabulous player, but had a very short career, and I really missed her when she stopped playing. As did the Lynx and the WNBA.

Maya was the laggard, because she had a shorter career. She won a world cup in 2010 and 2014, being the MOP in the later year. She would have been on the 2018 team if she hadn't taken a break from basketball. In addition to winning a national championship in high school and in AAU ball, here is her resume. Sue Bird is the most decorated player in FIBA history. Maya and Stewie were on pace to match or surpass her. She also missed only 1 game in 16 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom