Lyle McCombs | The Boneyard

Lyle McCombs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Want to give some kudos to Lyle! This was the best game I've seen him play. He looked faster, and quicker out there. He looked like a leader, great cut-backs and spin moves. He also broke some tackles today. He played like a man on a mission, even though our O is putrid, he was a bright spot. Great screen to him as well. A man is deserved credit when credit is due, I believe he earned it today. Great Job! Some good pushes by the o-line finally.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
He had a great game. OL stepped it up a little and then allowed Lyle to be the Lyle of last year.

Reaction Score
Want to give some kudos to Lyle! This was the best game I've seen him play. He looked faster, and quicker out there. He looked like a leader, great cut-backs and spin moves. He also broke some tackles today. He played like a man on a mission, even though our O is putrid, he was a bright spot. Great screen to him as well. A man is deserved credit when credit is due, I believe he earned it today. Great Job! Some good pushes by the o-line finally.

Looked a lot more patient yesterday too...

Reaction Score
Give Lyle some holes and he can fly through them. Yesterday he was fun to watch and for his siZe he blocks well.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
He was a warrior yesterday. Loved the effort. Props to the o-line as well for opening some gaping holes, especially in the first half.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Love the kid he's got the heart of a lion,but still feel mixing Max & Joe Williams in there gives him a break and the defenses might be a little off from all the shuffle( maybe not)

Reaction Score
Lyle was one-on-one with the safety close to ten times yesterday and never beat him one. A great back would have turned those seven yard runs into long gainers.

LM did his usual job of getting the yardage that was there. The offensive line did a great job opening some huge holes at the LOS. On a number of occasions LM wasn't touched until he was five, ten or once about twenty yards downfield. As soon as he was touched he would spin for couple of yards or go right down.

It's nice to have a 100-yard back, but the credit is due the OL.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Lyle was one-on-one with the safety close to ten times yesterday and never beat him one. A great back would have turned those seven yard runs into long gainers.

LM did his usual job of getting the yardage that was there. The offensive line did a great job opening some huge holes at the LOS. On a number of occasions LM wasn't touched until he was five, ten or once about twenty yards downfield. As soon as he was touched he would spin for couple of yards or go right down.

It's nice to have a 100-yard back, but the credit is due the OL.
So you think any other back on this team would have had 100 yards?

Reaction Score
Actually saw Lyle knock a Cardinal on his ass yesterday, he was breaking tackles and eluding the invisible linebackers. He did good yesterday.

Reaction Score
McCombs had a very good game. Here is thing I have noticed with him. When he gets the ball and runs straight toward the design hole he is effective. When he gets he ball in the backfield, stands straight up, and does that stutter step to read the lines blocks he is toast. Yet another drawback to Deleone's vaunted "zone blocking scheme".

Palatines point about not beating the safety is a good one. When you get a back one on one with the safety it means the blocking is phenomenal, and once in a while he has to either run through the tackle or juke him out of his cleats. Credit for a good game, sure, but Pal's criticism is a valid one, harsh as it may seem for this thread.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Kid had a great game, period. If anyone here thinks he didn't break tackles yesterday, I would suggest that they re-watch the Husky Power Hour from SNY. He made a LOT of that happen on his own! Even the announcers pointed it out, counting out the people he made miss; "...there's one....two....three with the spin move..."

Christ, this kid can't catch a break with his own fanbase...

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I agree that Lyle looked more like fast Lyle than this year's slower version....great vision, and a quicker first move. Want to see a slower back? Rewatch the game and see DeLorenzo's plays. I love that Max gets reps, but he looked like his feet were stuck in molasses. The OL gave him at least one gaping hole to run through and he slo-moed for about four yards and got wrapped. Both Jarhead and I texted each other at the same time that he should have been gone. That's the difference between Lyle and the other backs, at least for now. Nice to see that McCombs quickness again. Hope we see it Saturday, as well.

Reaction Score
Kid had a great game, period. If anyone here thinks he didn't break tackles yesterday, I would suggest that they re-watch the Husky Power Hour from SNY. He made a LOT of that happen on his own! Even the announcers pointed it out, counting out the people he made miss; "...there's one....two....three with the spin move..."

Christ, this kid can't catch a break with his own fanbase...

Some people refuse to give credit to a player after a good game. It is crazy. Kid had a great game, including making people miss, breaking tackles, and knocking some defenders on their butts. He played with a ton of heart yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom