LVs vs Troy | The Boneyard

LVs vs Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have to say, UT is loaded with talented players. Harrison, Jones and Burdick have really developed quite well. And Simmons seems to have pulled herself in. Carter is an excellent player and Graves is really steady. Russell ads a good post presence. I would really be surprised if the get to the FF.

Reaction Score
Massey ranks Troy at #258. Tenn, like most top recruiting teams, simply out-talents teams like this. I'm sure they will also look great against Tenn St and Lipscome

The LV's have 3 games this season against E8+ type teams; Notre Dame & Kentucky at home and Stanford at Maples. These are the type of team they will need to beat in an E8 game, and it's quite likely they will have to win that game on their opponent's home court. They haven't had a signature road win in quite a few years and there's little to suggest that will change this year.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Troy HS (NY) is 1 and 0 and plays Catholic Central on Sunday.
Or it it the Troy HS in Fullerton Ca?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Tennessee has been loaded with talent for a number of years. Talented teams usually look very good against teams less fortunate. That's easy math ETT.

Reaction Score
28 turnovers for the Vols! Their "top player of the game" (according to ESPN) Meighan Simmons, had 6 :oops:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have to say, UT is loaded with talented players. Harrison, Jones and Burdick have really developed quite well. And Simmons seems to have pulled herself in. Carter is an excellent player and Graves is really steady. Russell ads a good post presence. I would really be surprised if the get to the FF.

Sorry, I meant to say "if they don't get to the FF." They really do have some highly skilled players and I would put them at #2 in the country.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Simmons scored 16 points, but she was 5 -14 shooting. She's scoring because she's a volume shooter. Still can't believe she was voted Pre-Season POY for the SEC.

If I'm a WNBA GM, I'd be taking Shoni Schimmel over Simmons any day of the week. However, there are other guards I would take before I would consider either of them. Too inconsistent

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Troy is a team from Alabama. I haven't got to see the game yet. At work I did DVR it so I'll watch it when I get home. Jones has stepped up these last couple of games.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Troy is a team from Alabama. I haven't got to see the game yet. At work I did DVR it so I'll watch it when I get home. Jones has stepped up these last couple of games.

Jones is a tremendous athlete. I love watching her move about the court. Burdick may impress me as much as anyone, along with Graves. Burdick's mid-range shot looks very good.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Jones is a tremendous athlete. I love watching her move about the court. Burdick may impress me as much as anyone, along with Graves. Burdick's mid-range shot looks very good.
Yes! She is the best athlete on the team.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Oh geez, here we go... Another 50+ comment thread about Tenn beating up a high school team. #2 in the country????????

Reaction Score
Oh geez, here we go... Another 50+ comment thread about Tenn beating up a high school team. #2 in the country????????

I agree 100%, that comment is really laughable! Tennessee is not better then Duke or Notre Dame for sure and probably not Stanford either.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I think UT has more talented players than any team, other than UCONN. I'm hoping for a UCONN vs UT NC game.

Just my opinion.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Burdick was 1-5 in the first half. She shot well in the second half. But she has had a horrible shooting season. Making a determination on one good half seems kinda of silly.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Burdick has actually regressed this year. She's no longer in the starting lineup, shooting 31% from the floor and has yet to make a 3-pointer. Passing was once her strength and she now has more turnovers than assists (18/17). Among the LV weaknesses is the lack of good play on the wing.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think UT has more talented players than any team, other than UCONN. I'm hoping for a UCONN vs UT NC game.

Just my opinion.

I believe that there are several players on Duke, ND and Stanford that are more talented than anyone on Tennessee.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I think you are talking about Tennessee not UT

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
One thing about this team is balanced scoring. Every game had at least three in double figures. Right now four players are in double figures for the season.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
No matter how talented Tennessee is...I still can't stand them. No matter who they play I'll always root against them.

Reaction Score

As am I. The waning of public interest in wcbb correlates clearly with the end of UConn-UTenn games. Correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation, but it certainly doesn't exclude it either. There are certain "brand names" in every sport. MLB is always delighted to have Yankees-Red Sox or Yankees-Dodgers post season matchups. The networks heartily crave a football NCAA championship showdown between Alabama and Notre Dame. For good reason, attention and ratings will soar. A UConn-UTenn NC game in wcbb is the closest equivalent our sport of choice can provide. I want it, for the good of the game. Oh, and because I think the Huskies can take #9 in Tennessee.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As am I. The waning of public interest in wcbb correlates clearly with the end of UConn-UTenn games. Correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation, but it certainly doesn't exclude it either. There are certain "brand names" in every sport. MLB is always delighted to have Yankees-Red Sox or Yankees-Dodgers post season matchups. The networks heartily crave a football NCAA championship showdown between Alabama and Notre Dame. For good reason, attention and ratings will soar. A UConn-UTenn NC game in wcbb is the closest equivalent our sport of choice can provide. I want it, for the good of the game. Oh, and because I think the Huskies can take #9 in Tennessee.

I've been begging for a UT UConn post season game for ages, but Tenn just can't seem to make it far enough to meet up!

Reaction Score

Thanks so much easttexastrash for starting up a LV thread on a UConn board...why?

At least if you are going to spew this crap at least have something intelligent/accurate say.

Harrison, Jones and Burdick have really developed quite well.

Check the checkboard forum, while Harrison is getting it done, Burdick and her 31% FG shooting definitely isn't getting much love. Nor is Jones who has a negative 2:1 Ast/TO ratio and can't play a lick of defense leading the team in fouls with 25 despite being 8th in minutes at 15.7 mpg.

And Simmons seems to have pulled herself in.

Oh really, is 5-14 shooting an improvement?

Russell ads a good post presence.

As previously discussed ad nauseum already on this forum, she is soft and slow, and ya gotta be lovin' that 9-27 (33%) FT shooting, but being given a pass since she is a freshmen who is getting acquainted with big time ball after growing up in a football state.

I would really be surprised if the get to the FF.

This is about the only sensible thing you said in your entire post, but in a subsequent post you indicated that you meant the opposite. For cry ay ayh ETT, "cierra la boca". The more your write, the more credibility you lose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
28 turnovers for the Vols! Their "top player of the game" (according to ESPN) Meighan Simmons, had 6 :oops:

Yet ETT says Simmons "seems to have pulled herself in". Into what, the black hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom