L'ville goes down to tOSU [edited title] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

L'ville goes down to tOSU [edited title]

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think there have been cases where you can/could keep working through the win-loss games and find out that worst team in the Nation should be No. 1 :)
Only if the top team in the country has at least 1 loss.

Reaction Score
Whenever a team you beat plays and beats a very good team it helps your RPI/SOS, and as much as I dislike those metrics that's what the NCAA uses in seeding. So hurrah for tOSU. Beat Stanford.

Reaction Score
willtalk--- - - -Basketball, more than any other sport, is a game where timing and matchups can play a big role in a lesser team beating a better on any given night.

When L'ville beat Baylor in the Sweet 16/Elite 8 match-up, Jeff Walz just plain out-coached Kim Mulkey!
Kim and her players were already planning their match-up with UCONN in the FF and weren't prepared for what L'ville brought to the table! The aggression and 3-point shooting was a shock they couldn't recover from!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Ohio State is pretty darn young. Not sure their exact ages, but I believe a lot of their key players are underclass. That typically means inconsistent. Juhasz is very impressive.

On the other hand, I wasn’t totally sold on Louisville being #2. They had a couple of very underwhelming performances. Shook was the game changer against Oregon and didn’t show up tonight. Not what you want from you senior.

I remember watching Kierstan Bell in the Jordan Brand Classic game this spring and thinking she was going to be a really good college player. Looks like she already is.

Reaction Score
I remember watching Kierstan Bell in the Jordan Brand Classic game this spring and thinking she was going to be a really good college player. Looks like she already is.
Talent-wise, it’ll be fun to watch Maryland and tOSU battle in the upcoming few years. Both have some really good youngsters.

Reaction Score
I couldn't care less about who beat who..........Uconn girls is what counts....period

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
And NC State defeated Md.!
These games are more about individual matchups and an "on a given night any team can"....than a true representation of what the season will be. The stronger teams will win the conference titles and the NCAA's will bring the same group of teams minus one or two each year. The talent level is still not as even across the board as some may have you believe. One girl on one team in a game can go on a three point tear and create a win for a weaker overall team. It happens...but not consistently.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom