L'ville are you kidding me? | The Boneyard

L'ville are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The University of Louisville has approved the hiring of Leslie Strohm as the university’s new general counsel and vice president for strategy beginning in February. Strohm has held a similar position at the University of North Carolina since 2003, where her legal strategy was at the center of one of the worst-ever cases of academic fraud involving student athletes.

The findings of independent investigator Kenneth Wainstein released last month showed that for nearly two decades, thousands of student athletes at UNC took nonexistent classes that served to artificially inflate their grade point average and remain eligible to play sports. The initial allegations began to trickle out in 2010, as Strohm’s legal advice blocked numerous open records requests by media organizations based on student privacy. The university recently refused to disclose the names of faculty and staff disciplined in the wake of the Wainstein report.

A statement released by U of L President James Ramsey said that “Leslie’s expertise and experience will be invaluable, as we continue our upward trajectory during difficult financial times.”

http://insiderlouisville.com/metro/...eneral-counsel-center-uncs-storm-controversy/

In the words (sort of) of a Phoenix Cardinal coach, "Louisville is who we thought they were."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's like if Obama hired Michael Brown to spearhead FEMA's Hurricane Sandy efforts.

Reaction Score
A statement released by U of L President James Ramsey said that “Leslie’s expertise and experience will be invaluable, as we continue our upward trajectory during difficult financial times.”

Maybe he is really talking about keeping athletes eligible and not damaging APR.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This has Swofford written all over it!

On October 22, 2014, a report produced by Kenneth L. Wainstein was released, which reported that 3,100 students took no-show or “paper” classes between 1993 and 2011, which overlaps with Swofford's tenure as Athletic Director by four years.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the big deal is. She did her job well. She didn't make the faculty/administration have fake classes, she just protected the school for years.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the big deal is. She did her job well. She didn't make the faculty/administration have fake classes, she just protected the school for years.
agreed. Sounds like she did a hell of a job.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Me thinks Louisville has an issue in the pipeline that it can't defend so it needs someone who will obfuscate and obstruct. Just a hunch.

Reaction Score
I'll say this much: if I'm the NCAA, I'm looking at a school who hires someone like this very carefully.

The NCAA does not care. What happened at UNC was an academic issue not within their jurisdiction. If they look into it at all, it would be hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom