Lunardi just bumped us out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lunardi just bumped us out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's because he needs to sneak in all his A-10 buddies. No way should St. Joes or St. bonnies be in the field.
I would think St. Joes is solidly in with a 29 RPI, 5 Top 100 wins and no bad losses.

Reaction Score
Lunardi is lower on us then the people who actually rank at the top of this kinda thing

http://131sports.com/

http://assemblycall.com/bracketology/

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Yes, he is a "little" low on us but only a little. At best, we are one of the last couple of teams in RIGHT NOW. I am amazed that people are still voting zero wins will get us in. There is no way that happens. We will go from last in on some boards to OUT on every board if that happens, and rightfully so. The Cinci game is a must win. I doubt anyone here would say that we shouldn't win that game. As such, if they lose, KO HAS to do SOMETHING to clean house. Maybe there is a cancer on the team that is already leaving after this year. Maybe there is a cancer that is not out of eligibility yet that he needs to boot out the door. Maybe he needs better assistants. Whatever. Just get it done!

Reaction Score
I would think St. Joes is solidly in with a 29 RPI, 5 Top 100 wins and no bad losses.
They'll probably be in. They shouldn't though. Princeton (somehow Top 50) and Virginia Tech are not impressive wins. And they have that Dusquesne loss. They're hanging their hat on the Dayton win. I'm just not sold on them. Their advanced metrics are all about 20-30 spots lower than RPI.

Reaction Score

Lost to Duquense....150+.

Of their top 100 wins Princeton and GW not making the tourny. Either is VT. Temple is a maybe.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure St. Joe's is a lock and deservedly so.
Because they beat Dayton?

What have they done to deserve to be a lock? I'm not talking about an NCAA tournament bid, I mean a lock.

I'd just like to see the case, because only slavish devotion to the RPI makes them a lock.

RPI: 29
KPI: 25

BPI: 49
KenPom: 49
LRMC: 55
Sagarin: 55

Average: 43.6

UConn

RPI: 56
KPI: 45

BPI: 29
KenPom: 31
LRMC: 31
Sagarin: 34

Average: 37.6

In each of these cases, the same two highlighted metrics are outliers for the given team. The other four have St. Joe's at 52. UConn: 31.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
We have 6 top 100 wins, potentially 7 w/Gtown and no bad losses all St Joe's has is a better RPI. If they're in we're in.

Reaction Score
Most of the updated brackets have UConn as one of the last 4 in. Whether they have UConn in or out they are definitely on the bubble though. Which means they have to win tomorrow or they're probably out. Just win 3 games in 3 days and take away any doubt.

Reaction Score
Most of the updated brackets have UConn as one of the last 4 in. Whether they have UConn in or out they are definitely on the bubble though. Which means they have to win tomorrow or they're probably out. Just win 3 games in 3 days and take away any doubt.
I see it like this. If they lose to Cinci, they are out. The situation is already tenuous and can only get worse. If they beat Cinci they will be in a much better place but still not a lock. They will still be placing their fate in the hands of the biased and corrupt NCAA. Win two games and they are probably a lock. Win three and they clearly are in.

Reaction Score
Joe d and gresh just both said they think Texas is in trouble of making the tournament with their loss today. And that uconn win does not look that great anymore

Reaction Score
Pretty sure St. Joe's is a lock and deservedly so.
Yes, they may be in but St. Joe's much like Wichita St. has a very very undeserving resume....UConn's not monumentally better than either but if they are in right now then UConn should be in right now....I think J Loooonardi is wrong on Witchita, at best a play-in team.

Reaction Score
Joe d and gresh just both said they think Texas is in trouble of making the tournament with their loss today. And that uconn win does not look that great anymore
Eat me

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

That just proves that they know nothing. Texas is a solid gold lock.

Reaction Score
Lol wut?
I don't agree with at all just stating what I heard. At first I thought they were talking about Texas tech but they then said uconn win over them doesn't look that great anymore

Reaction Score
Yeah, they're wrong. Baylor is a good team.

Texas has wins v. UNC, Oklahoma, swept WVU, Iowa State, and Vandy.
4-3 vs. RPI Top 10
5-5 vs. RPI Top 25
8-7 vs. RPI Top 50
13-10 vs. RPI Top 100

They have one bad loss (TCU).

RPI: 24...but unlike those other RPI teams who don't measure up in other metrics...

KenPom: 32
Sagarin: 29
BPI: 35
KPI: 16
LRMC: 32

Their RPI is slightly higher, but not a ton. Average: 28.

They'll probably get a 6-seed now, but they have close to a 4 seed resume when you look at wins. If that team is any lower than a 6, I'd be pissed if I were the higher seed in their pod, because you just got screwed.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Like Joe D and Gresh but this case there may be an overstatement

Reaction Score
I don't agree with at all just stating what I heard. At first I thought they were talking about Texas tech but they then said uconn win over them doesn't look that great anymore

Maybe they were the confusing the two.

Reaction Score

Gresh is a complete moron. Playing FCS football does not make you an expert in basketball. You actually have to watch the games and follow basketball. He should be removed from the air for being ignorant.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Texas has beaten UNC, Iowa State, West Virginia twice, Baylor, and Oklahoma. That's 6 top 25 wins. No way they miss the tournament. For us, it's simple. Make it to the AAC final or NIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom