Reaction Score
3 - Providence (9th overall)
4 - Villanova (15)
6 - UConn (21)
6 - Marquette (22)
6 - Xavier (23)
7 - Seton Hall (28)
12 - Creighton (46)

Big East one of three conferences with 7 projected NCAA teams (Big 12 and Big Ten the other two)

Reaction Score
Love reading posts like theses coming off losing 3 of 4 with only one guaranteed win left on the schedule.

It’s like last year everyone calling the Big Ten trash then we got throttled by a trash team. Let’s not tempt mojo.
You can be negative, it doesn't make you right. You spent all last season saying we wouldn't make the tournament too, how'd that turn out for you?

This team has a ton of flaws and that's the reason they won't make a run in March, but saying they're on the bubble is just factually not true

Reaction Score
You can be negative, it doesn't make you right. You spent all last season saying we wouldn't make the tournament too, how'd that turn out for you?

This team has a ton of flaws and that's the reason they won't make a run in March, but saying they're on the bubble is just factually not true

Find me a post where I said that last year. You won’t. I did point out things like us being 1-5 vs non-Georgetown NCAA teams. Nor did I say we are a bubble team right now, we are a bad week from being one.

Reaction Score
Find me a post where I said that last year. You won’t. I did point out things like us being 1-5 vs non-Georgetown NCAA teams. Nor did I say we are a bubble team right now, we are a bad week from being one.

It's not even hard to find them

Worrying about UConn's NCAA chances has become a personality trait of mine at this point despite our solid metrics. Only tournament team we've beaten is USC, 0-4 vs the 3 teams in the Big East that have a winning record in conference play besides us, and 75% of our total wins are against teams that are sub .500 on the season. Please beat Seton Hall.

I think our wins are more of an issue than the losses. 2-4 vs teams above .500 and one of them is Hartford. We don't have a tournament resume and need Bouk back badly. I'm not up to date with the Big East as a whole in the NET, but I assume Villanova, Xavier and Seton Hall are our only games left that would be Q1. Need 2. Assuming Villanova is a loss, Xavier and Seton Hall games are big.

Reaction Score
A 6 seed is actually a very good spot. I would rather be under seeded as a 6, compared to being over seeded as a 4 or 5. As a 6, you would avoid the 2 seed until the Sweet 16, and you would not have to worry about the 1 seed until the Elite 8, provided they make it that far.

Reaction Score
Find one?
Can you not see the 2 posts of yours I quoted in there?
963F249B-5244-4554-A516-AE0C31CA0C46.png

Reaction Score
Can you not see the 2 posts of yours I quoted in there? View attachment 73268
So stating facts is a negative thing?

I also looked back at my history. January 9th called UConn a top 25 team, 2/4 called St. John's a bad loss and UConn a bubble team, 2/26 said UConn had work to do, 2/28 thought were we a 6 or 7, 3/4 a 6, and 3/13 an 8. But I guess I'm a hater because I said we didn't have a tournament resume when Bouk was out. My bad.

Reaction Score
So stating facts is a negative thing?

I also looked back at my history. January 9th called UConn a top 25 team, 2/4 called St. John's a bad loss and UConn a bubble team, 2/26 said UConn had work to do, 2/28 thought were we a 6 or 7, 3/4 a 6, and 3/13 an 8. But I guess I'm a hater because I said we didn't have a tournament resume when Bouk was out. My bad.
Thanks, glad we're on the same page that you're a hater. You admitted as much last year in the post I quoted when you said worrying about UConn's tournament chances unnecessarily is a personality trait of yours. You're doing it again now, there's no need to worry

Reaction Score

I don't think anyone thinks "on the bubble" right now but losing 3 of last 4 with the schedule still ahead it starts to creep into the mind a little. UConn can only absorb so many loses, not an issue yet though.

Nobody is in the mood for "bubble watch" crap for UConn this year so hopefully team responds with a few key wins coming up and keeps any bubble talk in the rear view mirror

Reaction Score
Thanks, glad we're on the same page that you're a hater. You admitted as much last year in the post I quoted when you said worrying about UConn's tournament chances unnecessarily is a personality trait of yours. You're doing it again now, there's no need to worry
You're right. I'm a hater - because I care if UConn makes the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone thinks "on the bubble" right now but losing 3 of last 4 with the schedule still ahead it starts to creep into the mind a little. UConn can only absorb so many loses, not an issue yet though.

Nobody is in the mood for "bubble watch" crap for UConn this year so hopefully team responds with a few key wins coming up and keeps any bubble talk in the rear view mirror
Based on the seed lines posted above UConn is closer to being a 1 seed then being out of the tournament. If you are worried about missing the tournament then you need to reevaluate your general outlook in life.

Reaction Score
You're right. I'm a hater - because I care if UConn makes the NCAA tournament.
Hater probably isn't the right word, I do think you're overly pessimistic though. There's no reason to think we're anywhere close to the bubble right now

Reaction Score
Hater probably isn't the right word, I do think you're overly pessimistic though. There's no reason to think we're anywhere close to the bubble right now
And I think we want the same thing just kind of on different sides of the spectrum. And I'm not sure about pessimistic - but it probably definitely comes across that way. So generally, I agree with that statement. I don't think we are on the bubble and think we are objectively a NCAA team. But you have to play well and win games. We really haven't played that well since the Georgetown game. Lost 3 of 4 with a tough stretch coming up. A bad week can put us on the bubble.

Reaction Score
Cynical fan is the term you're looking for.

Reaction Score
And I think we want the same thing just kind of on different sides of the spectrum. And I'm not sure about pessimistic - but it probably definitely comes across that way. So generally, I agree with that statement. I don't think we are on the bubble and think we are objectively a NCAA team. But you have to play well and win games. We really haven't played that well since the Georgetown game. Lost 3 of 4 with a tough stretch coming up. A bad week can put us on the bubble.
A good week and we are like a 3-seed. Enjoy the ride

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom