Reaction Score

10 seed in the Midwest. Would potentially face off with Kansas in round 2

Rest of the BEast

Nova 1
Creighton 3
UConn 10
Seton Hall 11
Marquette 11

Personally I still think we are being underseeded. I think we will end up on the 4-6 seed line

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

10 seed in the Midwest. Would potentially face off with Kansas in round 2

Rest of the BEast

Nova 1
Creighton 3
UConn 10
Seton Hall 11
Marquette 11

Personally I still think we are being underseeded. I think we will end up on the 4-6 seed line
Still doomed though.

Reaction Score
I think 6-8 this year is reasonable and probable. 21-32th in the country ranking wise in theory. We probably are more talented than that but will have to pay the toll of starting the year viewed as a 10 seed and having a whole roster of kids that have truly never been good so crunch time will be interesting. I think we overachieve on all the projections but underachieve based on talent this year. We will have a punchers chance against anyone all year though. 2021-2022 is going to be insane if we can make any kind of BE or NCAA run this year. very excited!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
According to many here UConn will be competing for the NBE title yet we are a 10 seed?? Head bang
I think if UConn makes it to the dance above a play-in status I will be thrilled just to be a participant.
But we need a season first..............................

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Our seeding, and I expect an at large bid, will be determined by our last 5 games and the NBE tourney. Win 4 out of last 5 and play tough in the semifinal and we could end up a 4. That's the least of what I expect. Early departure from the tourney then, yep a 10. Just my gut feelings

Reaction Score
What is "NBE" league has been around for 6 yrs now.
What would you like it to be called, BE2? It’s a completely different conference, just because you bought the name and records to trick casual fans into thinking it’s the same conference doesn’t mean it is. Whenever we are lucky enough to win the conference tournament, we’ll get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament that we’ve never gotten before. Because the NCAA created that bid for you guys and your new conference.

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe the 2nd/3rd best team in the Big East would be a 10 seed honestly
Yea I’d imagine 10 being the floor for this team. I think 6 seed is very reasonable with a healthy Akok

Reaction Score
What would you like it to be called, BE2? It’s a completely different conference, just because you bought the name and records to trick casual fans into thinking it’s the same conference doesn’t mean it is. Whenever we are lucky enough to win the conference tournament, we’ll get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament that we’ve never gotten before. Because the NCAA created that bid for you guys and your new conference.
It's as similar to it's original conference as any other major conference.

Reaction Score
Chill. We were not even a bubble team last season and we lost our best player. 10-seed would be unbelievable in 2021.
I love Vital, but Bouknight was our best player. He is a legit lottery pick, All-American player. Add in AJax, Cole, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Springs, and Sanogo and this team has 1000x the talent we had last year

Reaction Score
I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, because I like the speculation and looking ahead to the upcoming season as much as anyone, but is there anything more pointless than the off season Lunardi Bracketology? The bracketology he does in November and December is worthless, never mind the bracketology he makes up three months before the season even starts.

Reaction Score
I love Vital, but Bouknight was our best player. He is a legit lottery pick, All-American player. Add in AJax, Cole, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Springs, and Sanogo and this team has 1000x the talent we had last year

I’m concerned that we are relying too much on unproven freshman. Bouknight had several disappearing acts last year, usually in the first half of games. I’m hesitant to call this team more talented until they actually play and win while doing that consistently. The loss of Vital will be felt

Reaction Score
Vital was our best player, that's indisputable. If you want to argue Bouknight was the most talented/most potential then I'd agree with that.

Reaction Score
Vital was our best player, that's indisputable. If you want to argue Bouknight was the most talented/most potential then I'd agree with that.

Exactly. Vital was by far our best player and most productive player and now he's gone. We have a team full of freshman and sophomores, we have zero post season experience on the roster, zero NCAA tournament minutes played, and if you combine the records of all of our returning players it would be sub 500. (I think)

It is not realistic to go from NIT hopeful to a top 25 team after losing your best player. Can it be done? Let's hope!

Reaction Score
Exactly. Vital was by far our best player and most productive player and now he's gone. We have a team full of freshman and sophomores, we have zero post season experience on the roster, zero NCAA tournament minutes played, and if you combine the records of all of our returning players it would be sub 500. (I think)

It is not realistic to go from NIT hopeful to a top 25 team after losing your best player. Can it be done? Let's hope!
By seasons end I would not have called Vital best player “by far”. It was a 2 headed monster. Vital was more experienced. But when we needed a bucket we went to Bouk. See the Cincy game. Secondly, we weren’t an NIT “hopeful”. We finished 19-12 with a legit shot to win the conference tourney. We were at the least going to be a high seed favorite in the NIT. Teams go from NIT to top 25 every year.

Reaction Score
By seasons end I would not have called Vital best player “by far”. It was a 2 headed monster. Vital was more experienced. But when we needed a bucket we went to Bouk. See the Cincy game. Secondly, we weren’t an NIT “hopeful”. We finished 19-12 with a legit shot to win the conference tourney. We were at the least going to be a high seed favorite in the NIT. Teams go from NIT to top 25 every year.

I can't believe it only took four months for UConn fans to forget about Vital. SMH

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom