Luke Winn's Top 25 | The Boneyard

Luke Winn's Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
lol duke is not a #4 team, i still give him some respect though due to his Uconn article about their defense in the title game

Reaction Score
thank god someone is taking Lamb's usage rate from the fiba championships this summer into account. about time. :confused:

Reaction Score
I normally hate all things Kentucky, but this shirt that Luke Winn posted a link to in this article is pretty funny:

tumblr_ltdsk144Le1qdku4i

Reaction Score
lol duke is not a #4 team, i still give him some respect though due to his Uconn article about their defense in the title game

Every year I get upset about this, but I shouldn't be surprised. Duke lost their top 3 players, and their two best leaders off of a Sweet 16 team. They will be good. They have some veterans and some talented freshman. But #4?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
thank god someone is taking Lamb's usage rate from the fiba championships this summer into account. about time. :confused:

WTF does "usage rate" tell me? Is high good?

Reaction Score
High is good if the player is good, bad if the player is bad.

Reaction Score
WTF does "usage rate" tell me? Is high good?

Usage rate is the estimated percentage of plays that a team uses a player while he's on the floor. Generally you'd assume that if a player has a higher usage rate the offense runs through that player. You'd hope that would mean he's the best, though that's not always the case. On an "all-star" type team like Team USA though it at least shows the coaches and players had enough confidence in Lamb to run the offense through him.

Reaction Score
I watched some of those Team USA games and the team was not very good, Joe Jackson was out of control, Patric Young can ONLY dunk, rest of team terrible, and Lamb was clearly the best player / their only chance of winning games against the better squads...

I usually really like Winn's analytical articles (defense in title game is obviously my favorite), at least he is providing substance and not just rambling opinion like most "experts."

But in the context of a team comprised of a group of players that get to practice together only ten times or thereabouts before playing an international tournament, stats like usage rate really aren't as telling...

Watch the Lamb highlights from the Lithuania game and that is the best thing to take away from it...

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I watched a few of those USA games too and most were horrific ... but what can you expect from Paul Hewitt? Tim Hardaway Jr. was incredibly underwhelming.

Reaction Score
The best you can expect from Paul Hewitt... is getting embarrassed by UCONN in the National Title game

Reaction Score
I watched a few of those USA games too and most were horrific ... but what can you expect from Paul Hewitt? Tim Hardaway Jr. was incredibly underwhelming.

I think Winn is good at what he does.

Duke shouldn't be ahead of uconn, but I can see them as a top ten team. Like Louisville, it's the system that makes Duke a tough out. Even if they have just 'good' players, they play tough defense, shoot the three well, and take charges. When they get very good to great players, Duke becomes a FF team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom