Luke Winn's Top 16 Backcourts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Luke Winn's Top 16 Backcourts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He'd likely get crushed on penetration from the 2 against many teams. Think of Roscoe playing the two. Yeah Daniels is quicker, but not that much. And length is good, but not when you are 3 or 4 steps behind guys because you can't keep them in front of you. There might be a team or two against which it would work. Again, jmo. I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

It's the sort of issue Rudy Gay had. Rudy was really talented at the 3, but so many teams played with smaller players that he couldn't drive past them and had to learn to shoot over them. In the NBA, not a problem.

Daniels may be similar with regards to the 2.

Reaction Score
He'd likely get crushed on penetration from the 2 against many teams. Think of Roscoe playing the two. Yeah Daniels is quicker, but not that much. And length is good, but not when you are 3 or 4 steps behind guys because you can't keep them in front of you. There might be a team or two against which it would work. Again, jmo. I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

I agree that we are both speculating. However, we're talking about college and not the NBA. We aren't talking about him covering Dwayne Wade. It's rare to find a college shooting guard with a great jump shot and great blow by abilities. If a player does, than he leaves for the NBA as soon as possible. A 6'8" player with long arms can back off most shooting guards to eliminate the first step quickness advantage. There are a few players he could struggle against, but he would just be playing back up. Lamb is going to play 30-35 minutes.

Reaction Score
duke has no pg and a frosh who will problably start. how are they #1? top five sure but #1?

Reaction Score
Is'nt doc river's kid their new PG? He is supposed to be the real deal.

Reaction Score
Austin Rivers isnt a PG hes a SG. They are trying to move Seth Curry to the point which I dont see working.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we can play Duke and Shabazz can do this to Rivers' team again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom