Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
I've been getting pop-ups for his clothing line here for years. I actually clicked on it a few times because I like him, the ads are good and the clothing looked interesting.

And then I remembered how absolutely ridiculous I look in Hawaiian shirts.

And don't get me started on bucket hats. It seems that once every ten years or so I forget that I look hideous in them and my wife isn't there to remind me, so somewhere I have a bag with a few different cool ones that I bought and have never worn.
Bro. .You're way to hard on yourself.. Go with the big rimmed safari golf hat look like Bill M (above)in @UKemba15's post.. Instead of the bucket.. More functional in the Bahamas for the preseason Tournament next year.

After a Mai-Tai or two. Does it really matter?

Serious question.. Who is going to put out the official BY Welcome Wagon to Bill and introduce him to the multiple benefits of chillin' on the Yard? Thinking @Fishy or @BigErnMcCracken might be the way to go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't let you wife shame you! One of these days I have to have a BY BBQ with with the theme "wear what your wife hates." You can break out the Hawaiian shirts and @businesslawyer can blow the dust off of his cranberry pants. [Looks over shoulder to make sure wife isn't in room.] Who gives a crap what they think anyway?!

LOL. BusinessLawyer wears Nanucket red pants once a summer because his wife likes him to. BusinessLawyer has one Hawaiian shirt in the closet from his one trip to Hawaii for a bar convention. Figures if he ever goes back he won't want to have to buy another one.

(Having done so, it seems idiotic to refer to oneself in the third person. What in the world would make someone do that consistently?)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You were a troubled child, weren't you?

;)
You mean everyone didn't catch sunfish in their pond and then skim them like skimming stones; put firecrackers in frogs; or tie fishing weights to M80s, light them, throw them in the pond and watch the fish float up?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You mean everyone didn't catch sunfish in their pond and then skim them like skimming stones; put firecrackers in frogs; or tie fishing weights to M80s, light them, throw them in the pond and watch the fish float up?
No Words I Cant GIF

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bro. .You're way to hard on yourself.. Go with the big rimmed safari golf hat look like Bill M (above)in @UKemba15's post.. Instead of the bucket.. More functional in the Bahamas for the preseason Tournament next year.
I thought that was a bucket hat? Whatever it is, I have a few of them. My Cro-Magnon forehead appears to make them--and any other hats besides baseball hats--look silly on me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Or in this case you were one of the puppeteers on TOS with like 20 sock puppets go in at the same time. So in this case it would be we are all August…;)

I doubt it, but there was a bunch of sock puppets over on TOS when Chief was posting there. It was entertaining, and yet a little disturbing.
Believe it or not I didn’t partake in that. I enjoyed though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
LOL. BusinessLawyer wears Nanucket red pants once a summer because his wife likes him to. BusinessLawyer has one Hawaiian shirt in the closet from his one trip to Hawaii for a bar convention. Figures if he ever goes back he won't want to have to buy another one.

(Having done so, it seems idiotic to refer to oneself in the third person. What in the world would make someone do that consistently?)
You mean pink don’t you. Let’s call a spade a spade here.

Reaction Score
Chief I think people get upset because you make very vague statements, and then explain later what you meant by them after the news has broke. You will say only the casuals can’t make out what you mean but it seems the majority can’t. Maybe it’s time for a new approach??
I understand your point and sometimes it’s a balance putting the information out there for the beloved casual fans but doing it without burning my sources. On the Bouknight draft thing, I held back a lot of specific information, but I do think it’s appropriate. I will also not burn a source. I would rather take the arrows here than do that. That’s real
Life.
There are posters who do get it and who I feel more comfortable sharing things privately. Having said all that I have made some public very against the grain specific predictions, which only appear to be conventional in hindsight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chief I think people get upset because you make very vague statements, and then explain later what you meant by them after the news has broke. You will say only the casuals can’t make out what you mean but it seems the majority can’t. Maybe it’s time for a new approach??

Oh come on, with respect to Murray's arrival at UConn Chief couldn't have been more clear.

Reaction Score
I understand your point and sometimes it’s a balance putting the information out there for the beloved casual fans but doing it without burning my sources. On the Bouknight draft thing, I held back a lot of specific information, but I do think it’s appropriate. I will also not burn a source. I would rather take the arrows here than do that. That’s real
Life.
There are posters who do get it and who I feel more comfortable sharing things privately. Having said all that I have made some public very against the grain specific predictions, which only appear to be conventional in hindsight.
A lot of insiders make their point clear without burning sources. I don’t think you saying it looks like (insert prediction) is going to happen will end up burning any of your sources. But what do I know since I’m a casual lol

Reaction Score
A lot of insiders make their point clear without burning sources. I don’t think you saying it looks like (insert prediction) is going to happen will end up burning any of your sources. But what do I know since I’m a casual lol

Not for nothing, but bear in mind this is a guy who actually said on this board that he was under a "gag order" related to Kevin Ollie's arbitration so he couldn't post on this board.

Superjohn's right. His posts are cringeworthy and embarrassing to read but the guy is probably mentally ill so it's best to just pat him on the head and steer clear.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Life.
☹️

Reaction Score
Life.
There are posters who do get it and who I feel more comfortable sharing things privately. Having said all that I have made some public very against the grain specific predictions, which only appear to be
A lot of insiders make their point clear without burning sources. I don’t think you saying it looks like (insert prediction) is going to happen will end up burning any of your sources. But what do I know since I’m a casual lol when he’s pushing the mop bucket around gampel he can’t hear everything cause a squeaky wheel on the bucket.
You can’t blame him. Sometimes when he’s pushing the mop bucket around Gampel he can’t overhear all the conversations.

Reaction Score
Looking down on the working dudes is never a good way to present yourself. No matter what Chief is blessed with, I will never forget where I came from.
No looking down. The world would be a mess without janitors. Been there done that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Once again signing in just to comment on Chief, who once again derails a conversation. Best 3 months on this board in the last 5 years was the 3 months he left. Simply the worst poster. Smug, talks down to people, empty vague predictions.
8893 thinks you are being too casual and missing the point: it is not Chief, but rather the people who complain about the turd in the punch bowl who are ruining the board.

8893 advises you to just drink the punch and don’t worry about the turd.

If it helps, think of his taunts as a modern day version of bulletin board material. If it was a bulletin board you never read.

Reaction Score

It’s my BY forum handle name not my legal name. Therefore, I am not referring to myself in the third person. Is BusinessLawyer your legal name?
As Jim Calhoun would say - You can’t be that.........

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom