Lukas Kisunas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Carlton, Cobb and Kisunas are all very good passers of the ball (or have the potential to be, at least). I'm hoping we see DH add some backdoor cuts to the menu next year.

Glad we're doing what we can to keep this kid. Expect two backcourt recruits in the next month. One of them could be HUGE.

can you play more than one of those guys at once without getting roasted defensively?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
can you play more than one of those guys at once without getting roasted defensively?
No, but that's ok. I like that, in theory, we'll almost always have a big man who can pass the ball in the game. A real coach who draws up real plays and runs a real offense can take advantage of that at least a little bit.

I'd imagine those three guys would get the bulk of minutes at the 5, with some sort of Diarra/Williams/Whaley rotation at the 4. Though bear in mind that Hurley's teams have regularly run out four guards around a solitary big, so don't be surprised if we see a bunch of that as well.

the Q

Reaction Score
No, but that's ok. I like that, in theory, we'll almost always have a big man who can pass the ball in the game. A real coach who draws up real plays and runs a real offense can take advantage of that at least a little bit.

I'd imagine those three guys would get the bulk of minutes at the 5, with some sort of Diarra/Williams/Whaley rotation at the 4. Though bear in mind that Hurley's teams have regularly run out four guards around a solitary big, so don't be surprised if we see a bunch of that as well.

That sounds like more Polley at the 4.

Reaction Score
Glad we're doing what we can to keep this kid. Expect two backcourt recruits in the next month. One of them could be HUGE.

Was that just a casual drop of inside information? Or wishful thinking?

Reaction Score
That sounds like more Polley at the 4.
Yes him or Wilson. I just don't see us playing much traditional big guy lineup here. I mean look at the final four teams that are left. All pretty much play guards and small forwards 1-4 with one big guy in the middle. DH played this way at Rhody and besides Kentucky and Duke who get the best of the big men most other teams play this way. I think we will see more movement in some of the players as we definitely have an unbalance there with who we have on the roster. Too many bigs who are limited offensively and can't shoot from the outside or no traditional post game moves to make an impact there.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Carlton, Cobb and Kisunas are all very good passers of the ball (or have the potential to be, at least). I'm hoping we see DH add some backdoor cuts to the menu next year.

Carlton to Adams alley oops all day! We forgot about the alley part this year. All oops

Reaction Score

We have to get our front court guys involved in scoring and that means we have to adjust our offense to fit their skill level. We were too guard focused. I agree with you, DH has to adjust our offense to get the most out of our front court and make our offense more balanced.

the Q

Reaction Score
We have to get our front court guys involved in scoring and that means we have to adjust our offense to fit their skill level. We were too guard focused. I agree with you, DH has to adjust our offense to get the most out of our front court and make our offense more balanced.

The reality is that the most efficient ways for big men to score are not post ups (unless you're a stud like Shaq, Hakeem, Admiral etc.)

the ways are on cuts to the basket, two man high low game (like Gabby and Collier for the women's team), offensive boards, alley oops, and passing "throwing guys open) when they get position inside towards the hoop where it becomes an uncontested shot.

So a system that can create some of those situations more often is one that will make our bigs look a lot better.

the Q

Reaction Score
Despite everything I just said.

Sometimes you gotta just feed the big guys because otherwise they just get pissed off they're not getting the rock.

Reaction Score
absolute glue guy. yeah he might not light it up. we need some intelligent players. being number 1 in your state (regardless of which state) is definitely a huge plus!
this post can be eradicated . i spoke too soon. goodluck kisunas

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Casual drop. The BY has already identified the top target in another thread.

Whether we get that guy or not, I will be shocked if we don't end up with 5 true guards on the roster entering next season.

God I hope so. We really don't need any more bigs, outside of a pipedream 5* stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom