Lukas Kisunas | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Good. We’ve needed a player like this for years. A guy who does the small things that result in wins. I think he’ll be a huge contributor by the time he’s a jr sr.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I think he is a nice player, a glue guy, rebounds, sets picks, scores some easy buckets...a guy who makes W's a little easier to come by. If Josh progresses, I think we have a nice understudy.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I think he is a nice player, a glue guy, rebounds, sets picks, scores some easy buckets...a guy who makes W's a little easier to come by. If Josh progresses, I think we have a nice understudy.
Perfect 5 in Hurley's system. Heard he's a legit 6'10 now too.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Good. We’ve needed a player like this for years. A guy who does the small things that result in wins. I think he’ll be a huge contributor by the time he’s a jr sr.
He's actually much better than his rating he could have went basically anywhere other than, Duke/Kentucky/Etc based on his international play. Kid was a stud for Lithuania.

Reaction Score
I absolutely LOVE! players like that. Love having a guy that can come off the bench and do whatever you need to get done while you rest a starter. Nothing spectacular just a blue collar guy.

Reaction Score
absolute glue guy. yeah he might not light it up. we need some intelligent players. being number 1 in your state (regardless of which state) is definitely a huge plus!

Reaction Score
absolute glue guy. yeah he might not light it up. we need some intelligent players. being number 1 in your state (regardless of which state) is definitely a huge plus!

Yeah its strange for us to be pining for it, but to have a guy who can just grab a nice offensive board and put it back in no problem in a couple of years would be huge. For years and years we've had to be happy with a big man who could just somehow stop a talented guy on the other team, block a few shots, and end up with 5 boards

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Perfect 5 in Hurley's system. Heard he's a legit 6'10 now too.
There was a tweet showing his measurements in the fall or late summer and I believe you’re correct

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It seems from reports that he is fundamentally sound at least playing internationally and in prep school. That is a huge plus going forward and something missing in the recent past. Add coach Hurley motivation and good strength and conditioning program. Minutes are earned in practice. A lot of people underestimated Christian Vital. Work ethic was primary with Calhoun and won't be surprised if it is likewise with Hurley. I don't like to project what someone is going to be in terms of starting and minutes etc. I do expect to see a lot of fire and hustle going forward and BB IQ displayed. Much less "hero ball". Expect to see a high level of competitiveness for playing time. I expect things are going to be radically different than the past few years on all levels. That will be shocking for the players returning. While Hurley is his own man, it will probably be something like having a "JC type" coach. Trying to imagine what that would be like to the returnees. Extremely demanding but extremely rewarding to those who can accept it. We are going to have gladiators again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He seemed enamored by UConn whereas Akinjo was wowed by Ollie.
Matthews is/was enamored by UConn and had been for years..........................
Lukas. I think, will be a great addition to the team

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When I first saw this I thought jeez who’s recruiting the old guy in the picture?? Then I saw the chair... 6’10 256 is a solid frame
I'm like screw Kisunas, does that giant in the hat have any eligibility left?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
if Kisunas stays, between him and Whaley we have all the glue guys we need in the post.

We need to start getting some more explosiveness there, both scoring and rim protection wise.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Carlton, Cobb and Kisunas are all very good passers of the ball (or have the potential to be, at least). I'm hoping we see DH add some backdoor cuts to the menu next year.

Glad we're doing what we can to keep this kid. Expect two backcourt recruits in the next month. One of them could be HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom