Lukas Kisunas | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn commit Lukas Kisunas happy to blend in, be a good teammate
“Domestic kids are enamored with how many followers they have on social media, and he couldn’t be further from that,” Brewster coach Jason Smith said on Saturday, after Kinusas had helped lead the team to a 110-74 victory over Link Year Prep. “He just wants to win, wants to get better, wants to lead us to another championship and, when he gets to UConn, lead them to another championship.”

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
UConn commit Lukas Kisunas happy to blend in, be a good teammate
“Domestic kids are enamored with how many followers they have on social media, and he couldn’t be further from that,” Brewster coach Jason Smith said on Saturday, after Kinusas had helped lead the team to a 110-74 victory over Link Year Prep. “He just wants to win, wants to get better, wants to lead us to another championship and, when he gets to UConn, lead them to another championship.”
Love it. And I feel the need to point out that Akinjo is totally the same way, so it seems like KO et al have reassessed their recruiting priorities and hit upon a "type" they like.

Reaction Score
Was at the game and he played pretty well. Brewster is an all star team like the Kentucky team with towns a couple years ago they play two groups of five players. Lukas starts and does the dirty work of screen setting...talks well on defense to ensure good rotation and hustles on the break. Josh Boone type with less shot blocking but might have better touch around basket.

Reaction Score
It went into storage? No wonder why it took UConn so long to get a Lithuanian kid.

Put away but never forgotten.....Big plastic tote box in the basement. I've been digging it out for the summer Olympics and such. Also, I think when Linas Kleiza visited UCONN in 2002. :)

Reaction Score
This is my favorite signing as this is the type of guy who hopefully can do the Jake sorta thing with talented guards/wings around him. We're never going to be a post-up team. But we desperately need big men who can be physical defensively, set screens, and against a zone the high-low set, with solid passing big men, can help collapse the zone.

Reaction Score

If you don't love that little hip bump to the defensive guy in order to get that rebound and put back, then you're a UConn fan because we haven't seen a lot of that on the offensive boards since Adrien.

Love that rebound, this kid will be a hardworking addition with smarts, skills and size.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite signing as this is the type of guy who hopefully can do the Jake sorta thing with talented guards/wings around him. We're never going to be a post-up team. But we desperately need big men who can be physical defensively, set screens, and against a zone the high-low set, with solid passing big men, can help collapse the zone.

Agree boog and add a guy who can finish strong off the roll to the basket.

Reaction Score
Was at the game and he played pretty well. Brewster is an all star team like the Kentucky team with towns a couple years ago they play two groups of five players. Lukas starts and does the dirty work of screen setting...talks well on defense to ensure good rotation and hustles on the break. Josh Boone type with less shot blocking but might have better touch around basket.

Take that all day scotty thanks for the update.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Kisunas will play a crucial role in a hopefully successful 2018-2019 season. There is the sense that he can contribute right away. I really like the confidence he has in the paint and at the rim and just overall solid fundamental skills and headiness. We had some of that with Facey but not really until his senior year.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Kisunas will play a crucial role in a hopefully successful 2018-2019 season. There is the sense that he can contribute right away. I really like the confidence he has in the paint and at the rim and just overall solid fundamental skills and headiness. We had some of that with Facey but not really until his senior year.

Temper expectations. Freshman are freshman are freshman.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Temper expectations. Freshman are freshman are freshman.
Sure, I understand he will take some time to grow and adjust, which is typical. I just believe with the experience he has, playing both at prep school here in the US and with the Lithuanian national team, he's going to be able make a difference right away. We'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
I agree. Good thing it only took 5 years to recruit a guy like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom