Lubin's Technical | The Boneyard

Lubin's Technical

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
From what the commentators said, I get the basic gist of what happened, but does anyone who attended the game have a more detailed story?

Reaction Score
What did the commentators say? At the game I could not tell what it was for?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I have no idea what happened, was hoping somebody watching the game on TV could tell us ;)

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I have no idea what happened, was hoping somebody watching the game on TV could tell us ;)

The broadcast didn't show much. The camera angle was behind Lubin and shot from the opposite end of the court. All that could be seen was the two players facing each other downcourt after the ball was inbounded. KO didn't seem to have an issue with the call, but that seems to be his MO this year regardless of how good or bad a call is.

Reaction Score
I was there - right under the hoop where this occurred. He was talking trash to the big guy and the comment that drew the T was something like, "yo, you a damn big n-------. How many quarts of Mrs. Buttersworth do you put on your fitty pancakes?"

Reaction Score
I may have missed it, but was the Blair on UCF related to DeJuan? I heard them say his name early in the game, didn't think they would necessarily be related. Later on, they were just showing Blair after a foul, and my brother who hadn't heard his name says "is this DeJuan Blair's little brother?" and then he turned to show the name on the back of his jersey. He had a striking resemblance

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I may have missed it, but was the Blair on UCF related to DeJuan? I heard them say his name early in the game, didn't think they would necessarily be related. Later on, they were just showing Blair after a foul, and my brother who hadn't heard his name says "is this DeJuan Blair's little brother?" and then he turned to show the name on the back of his jersey. He had a striking resemblance

It doesn't look like it. DeJuan is from Pittsburg and has a brother named Greg. Staphon is from Ft Lauderdale.

Reaction Score
I was there - right under the hoop where this occurred. He was talking trash to the big guy and the comment that drew the T was something like, "yo, you a damn big n-------. How many quarts of Mrs. Buttersworth do you put on your fitty pancakes?"
HAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA

Reaction Score

Good thing Calhoun isn't still the coach. He would have went ballistic.

I remember being at a practice some years ago and a player said something like "that's what's up n____" to another black player. Calhoun immediately blew the whistle and had everyone in the gym, coaches and players, congregate under the hoop. He then spent the next 5-10 minutes lecturing them that that word will never ever be used on this basketball team and them as individuals shouldn't use it in their everyday lives. Said it was a disgusting word with no place in society it carries a negative connotation and didn't care if it was used black to black, black to white, white to white ect it was all bad. Said if he heard it again in this practice or a future practice they would run for the duration of practice.

It was great to be able to witness such a thing. Showed he truly cared about making everyone better human beings.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
And you're telling me this kid doesn't belong on the defensive line. He's already an All Pro trash talker.

Reaction Score
What is there to like about this?

You guys can compliment and be happy for that stuff, but for a freshman who has limited floor time to be trash talking deserves a seat for a while. It ain't like he's backing it up (actually its far from it).

Sorry but I (and I'm sure some of you) have played against such players (or talkers) and its actually funny to hear them talking smack when they don't even play. Thankfully the tech didn't cost us.

I would rather they bait the player into fighting (maybe that's what he was trying to do), than running your mouth.

Reaction Score
What is there to like about this?
Because the guy picked the biggest MOFO in all of DI ball, gave him , and pretty much told him that Gampel was our house, and I don't give a flying f--- how big you are.

If you really don't appreciate why that is just awesome and deserving of some praise, then I'm not sure what to tell you. You're really worried about a tech against a team that we handled that easily? It was, in fact, the ideal time for him to get it.

For me - I really like the kid. He plays hard, he's supportive on the bench, and he could kill you by swinging you around by your arm until your dentures flew out, your depends flew off, the blood left your head.

MOAR PLEEZ.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
he could kill you by swinging you around by your arm until your dentures flew out, your depends flew off, the blood left your head.

MOAR PLEEZ.

You forgot ability to fly and heat vision.

Reaction Score
Because the guy picked the biggest MOFO in all of DI ball, gave him , and pretty much told him that Gampel was our house, and I don't give a flying f--- how big you are.

If you really don't appreciate why that is just awesome and deserving of some praise, then I'm not sure what to tell you. You're really worried about a tech against a team that we handled that easily? It was, in fact, the ideal time for him to get it.

For me - I really like the kid. He plays hard, he's supportive on the bench, and he could kill you by swinging you around by your arm until your dentures flew out, your depends flew off, the blood left your head.

MOAR PLEEZ.
I'm not so much talking about what was said but who said it. Lubin can't back up his trash talk right now. Talking loud and doing nothing.

Anyway, how that is praise worthy escapes me. To each his own, I guess I just like action behind words.

Reaction Score
I'm not so much talking about what was said but who said it. Lubin can't back up his trash talk right now. Talking loud and doing nothing.

Anyway, how that is praise worthy escapes me. To each his own, I guess I just like action behind words.

Have you been on a basketball court in the last 10 years? Everyone trash talks. Actually guys like Lubin with a limited game can use it to get into the head of their opponent, causes guys to try and do too much.

Reaction Score
Actually it has been over a decade or two.

I was a trash talking king with notable quips. I was all-state and could back my up. Guys like freshman Lubin would have been put in place.

I would have simply told him he talks better on the bench. I would say like 'you poor thing, you want me to tell your coach to put you in?'

I used to go around during time outs asking his own teammates whats his name on the bench? Then say in ear shot 'he's kinda quiet' or 'he doesn't play much huh?' or worse 'he mustn't be that good so why is he still here'. The player would get most furious at me when I would say he must be practicing trash talking in practice.

Trust me Lubin would have been humbled and red faced if I was playing. He had no way of retaliating from the bench. I used to love playing against those types 'a non playing freshman wanting to flex on me'. I would have my teammates laughing to tears. When they would finally get pt their heads were the ones oiled up. Bottom line: don't start what you can't finish.

That's why I'm not fond of a freshman pushing buttons with words and not actions. He's free meat.

Sadly my trash talking days are now relegated to the chess board, but still effective.

Reaction Score
Actually it has been over a decade or two.

I was a trash talking king with notable quips. I was all-state and could back my up. Guys like freshman Lubin would have been put in place.

I would have simply told him he talks better on the bench. I would say like 'you poor thing, you want me to tell your coach to put you in?'

I used to go around during time outs asking his own teammates whats his name on the bench? Then say in ear shot 'he's kinda quiet' or 'he doesn't play much huh?' or worse 'he mustn't be that good so why is he still here'. The player would get most furious at me when I would say he must be practicing trash talking in practice.

Trust me Lubin would have been humbled and red faced if I was playing. He had no way of retaliating from the bench. I used to love playing against those types 'a non playing freshman wanting to flex on me'. I would have my teammates laughing to tears. When they would finally get pt their heads were the ones oiled up. Bottom line: don't start what you can't finish.

That's why I'm not fond of a freshman pushing buttons with words and not actions. He's free meat.

Sadly my trash talking days are now relegated to the chess board, but still effective.
I was able to dig up some of Kitamin's old video

Reaction Score
10 years? They've been trash talking a lot longer than that. I was playing pretty competitively at least until I was married 25 years ago in Enfield and Springfield and they started to become more vocal back in those days. I really didn't like it all that much but had to put up with it as the 19-22 year olds were now able to play up on my stuff and take some of my game away as the quickness wore down. It was tough to take but the reality rearing its ugly head! LOL

But through HS and college, mid 70's to early 80's there was only a smattering of guys who talked, but even then it wasn't outrageous. One kid on Eli Whitney from New Haven back in 76-77 always tried to rattle me but I laughed at him and we ended up talking by our 3rd game and the respect made it a fun yapping. Al Frederick (UConn) and I in community college played against each other 4-5 times and had a fun trash talk back and forth during our games. I needed that to be fun because I rarely got the better of that matchup I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom