LSU... REALLY? | The Boneyard

LSU... REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From On the Fly in the Hartford Courant Sorts Section: "Quarterback Zadock Dinkelman, the nephew of 1990 Heisman Trophy winner Ty Detmer, has made a non-binding oral commitment to play at LSU. Dinkelman is 14 years old and in the eighth grade at Somerset Junior High School in Texas. Detmer said Zadock commited to LSU after receiving a scholarship offer from offensive coordinator Cam Cameron."

No wonder that UConn has no success recruiting the Johnny 5-Stars of the football world. (sarcasm intended)

Reaction Score
A 14 y.o. in middle school could graduate summa cum laude from LSU right now. They know this kid will be academically-eligible because he can pass the vaunted "fog a mirror" test. they can afford to give out a schollie offer to him. We're fighting in an unfair fight I'm afraid.

pj

Reaction Score
It's not unfair. Let them give away their scholarships to 14 year olds. We'll reserve our scholarships until we can evaluate the 17 year olds, and get a superior class.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
From On the Fly in the Hartford Courant Sorts Section: "Quarterback Zadock Dinkelman, the nephew of 1990 Heisman Trophy winner Ty Detmer, has made a non-binding oral commitment to play at LSU. Dinkelman is 14 years old and in the eighth grade at Somerset Junior High School in Texas. Detmer said Zadock commited to LSU after receiving a scholarship offer from offensive coordinator Cam Cameron."

No wonder that UConn has no success recruiting the Johnny 5-Stars of the football world. (sarcasm intended)

I made a non-binding oral commitment for basketball at Michigan when I was 14. I dominated the Boards of the CYC league and My doctor said I was on my way to 6'-7" Alas I stopped growing, and the Wolverines did not have a need for a 5'-8" power forward, a point guard with no handle, or a shoot guard who couldn't...well...shoot.

Reaction Score
I made a non-binding oral commitment for basketball at Michigan when I was 14. I dominated the Boards of the CYC league and My doctor said I was on my way to 6'-7" Alas I stopped growing, and the Wolverines did not have a need for a 5'-8" power forward, a point guard with no handle, or a shoot guard who couldn't...well...shoot.

Did ya try Rutgers?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Did ya try Rutgers?

No...I stayed in the area, though I pay OOS tuition being originally from MA before moving here permanently after graduation.

Reaction Score
Ha ha funny I was a kid 5'11" who the one thing I could do was hit rainbow 3's and thread a pass but had problem's dribbling with my right hand and was too lazy to work on it so joined the marines.*how accurate are Drs at predicting height today?My nephew in NH is supposed to be over 6'5" or in the top2% percentile according my sisters Dr in Exeter,NH.....are they usually close? The biggest grandparent I had was 6'3" 250 with hands like a catchers mitt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Holy crap! We have the exact same game......or lack thereof.........

Reaction Score
I take great comfort in knowing that LSU has the best interest of this 14 year old boy at heart.

Reaction Score
Don't understand these. I assume the situation is the same as BB -- namely that nothing is binding until a LOI is signed in the senior year of high school. Given that, you can be sure if he doesn't progress in the next 3 years, no scholarship offer will be extended. And if his mood changes, he can still sign elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom