LSU: QB transferring +.... | The Boneyard

LSU: QB transferring +....

Reaction Score
Max Johnson entering the portal & brother Jake (4*Te) decommits from Bayou Bengals..

Reaction Score
Only a true freshman QB left for their bowl game. I really hate the lack of commitment to the team from both players and coaches.

With Brennan and Johnson gone, LSU has only one scholarship QB remaining: former four-star prospect Garrett Nussmeier, a true freshman who has appeared in four games this season.

If Nussmeier were to play in the Texas Bowl, he would lose the ability to redshirt this season, costing him a year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Only a true freshman QB left for their bowl game. I really hate the lack of commitment to the team from both players and coaches.

With Brennan and Johnson gone, LSU has only one scholarship QB remaining: former four-star prospect Garrett Nussmeier, a true freshman who has appeared in four games this season.

If Nussmeier were to play in the Texas Bowl, he would lose the ability to redshirt this season, costing him a year of eligibility.
It sucks that neither players nor coaches feel like they commit to an entire season when they start it. But this is on the coaches and the schools. It would be easy to bar coaches from starting a new job until their prior season ends, but the NCAA won’t do it and the coaches put themselves first. So how do you tell the players its wrong to put themselves first?

Of course, it undoes the whole beauty of football which is the ultimate team game where you have to do your job and trust everyone else to do theirs.

Reaction Score

I wonder if the ncaa would grant an extra year due to the extenuating circumstances

Reaction Score
It sucks that neither players nor coaches feel like they commit to an entire season when they start it. But this is on the coaches and the schools. It would be easy to bar coaches from starting a new job until their prior season ends, but the NCAA won’t do it and the coaches put themselves first. So how do you tell the players its wrong to put themselves first?

Of course, it undoes the whole beauty of football which is the ultimate team game where you have to do your job and trust everyone else to do theirs.

College football at this level demonstrates very little about character development. You could argue is demonstrates just the opposite in many instances.....this being one of them.

Reaction Score

I agree about FB being a ultimate team sport. I would recommend that if a coach or player is only going to think of themselves then go play tennis, golf, or poker. And never join the military,

Reaction Score
CFB is a shell of what it used to be. Collleges sold out tradition and rivalries for more money, coaches have no loyalty to their schools, players are getting paid by boosters through faux NIL deals, and media collusion has created a caste system of haves and have nots. Much of what made it special has been lost.

Reaction Score
CFB is a shell of what it used to be. Collleges sold out tradition and rivalries for more money, coaches have no loyalty to their schools, players are getting paid by boosters through faux NIL deals, and media collusion has created a caste system of haves and have nots. Much of what made it special has been lost.

Yup, a sad, but well articulated summation.

Reaction Score
I put my bottom dollar that the oldest Tyler Phommachanh ends up here

Reaction Score
Unlikely. Mr Phommachanh specifically communicated Taisun is uninterested in competing with his kid brother. Reasonably, the family ruled it out and views the possibility as a symbolic slap in Tyler's face. Save your bottom dollar.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Idk why it put Tyler’s name there and not taisun

-> Phommachanh has heard from California and Florida State, among a host of other Power Five programs, since announcing his intent to leave Clemson after three seasons. Ole Miss, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Colorado, and South Carolina are also in the mix.

Cal could be a serious destination because of Phommachanh’s familiarity with the coaching staff. Justin Wilcox recruited him coming out of Avon Old Farms, where he was a four-star recruit and the top-ranked prospect in Connecticut. He was also pursued by Florida State before the school fired Willie Taggart. <-

-> Despite his roots, Phommachanh doesn’t appear interested in returning home to play for UConn. According to his father, Phommachanh would prefer to avoid competing with his brother, Tyler, who is recovering from a torn ACL and LCL in his left knee.

“He feels that’ll be like slapping Tyler in the face,” Sam said. <-

Reaction Score
Unlikely. Mr Phommachanh specifically communicated Taisun is uninterested in competing with his kid brother. Reasonably, the family ruled it out and views the possibility as a symbolic slap in Tyler's face. Save your bottom dollar.
My bad fellas for the mis-understanding. When I meant end up here I was meaning LSU. Since it was a LSU thread. I never thought for one second he would end up at uconn. I always felt mid to low level sec higher level ACC

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Max Johnson and his brother look to be a package deal to Florida state.

Myles Brennan had the full Nebraska staff in home yesterday- he’s our #1 target at QB.

Reaction Score
Max Johnson and his brother look to be a package deal to Florida state.
Alma mater of the Johnson brothers' father and Buccanneers' Super Bowl champion QB, Brad Johnson. The brothers are nephews of Mark Richt.

Reaction Score
Still quite a few qbs available that would be significant upgrades here. There are so many in the portal I am confident UCONN gets one (I think . . . ) One the big name qbs (Taison, Rattler, Ewers. . . etc) choose their schools, things will move quickly.

Reaction Score
QuInN eWeRs Or BuStz-'

Seriously, Mora has a ton of QB options in the portal; he can absolutely lead pipe lock playing time and starting opportunity given the state of our QB 'room' (we don't have one IMO).

If we go into next season with Tyler Phommachanh as our starter....that would be, uh, suboptimal to say the least. Matter of fact I think it would be a good idea if 'ol Tyler converted to a slot receiver. He's doesn't have the stature and doesn't have the build to be a competitive FBS signal caller; heck even FCS is a stretch. At that size probably D'Eriq King is as short as I wanna go, and even he weighs between 215 and 225 depending on the day.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My bad fellas for the mis-understanding. When I meant end up here I was meaning LSU. Since it was a LSU thread. I never thought for one second he would end up at uconn. I always felt mid to low level sec higher level ACC

It remains to be seen what Kelly does at LSU, but I can't remember LSU with anything but a pocket passer style QB over the years. Maybe I missed a few. But Kelly has had some dual threat guys at ND, so perhaps there could be a fit.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It remains to be seen what Kelly does at LSU, but I can't remember LSU with anything but a pocket passer style QB over the years. Maybe I missed a few. But Kelly has had some dual threat guys at ND, so perhaps there could be a fit.

Jordan Jefferson I think is the big one.

They got a dual threat qb mid decade who was supposed to be a huge recruit who bombed (Harris I believe)

They’ve had some guys who had some mobility like burrow, Mauk, Flynn, but they weren’t true dual threats. Just enough to steal some yards when necessary.

Then they had statues like Mettenberger lol

Reaction Score
Jordan Jefferson I think is the big one.

They got a dual threat qb mid decade who was supposed to be a huge recruit who bombed (Harris I believe)

They’ve had some guys who had some mobility like burrow, Mauk, Flynn, but they weren’t true dual threats. Just enough to steal some yards when necessary.

Then they had statues like Mettenberger lol
The all-time LSU Tiger QB flameout recruit was Ryan Perilloux.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The all-time LSU Tiger QB flameout recruit was Ryan Perilloux.

Yeah he didn’t play enough to really factor into their typical style

Reaction Score
Former Hartford Colonial. I miss the Colonials. The games were fun and the jerseys were fantastic:

This compels me to start a post about the All-Time 'Million Dollar Arm/Five Cent Head' Quarterback Club

1) Ryan Perriloux
2) JaMarcus Russell
3) Todd Marinovich (this may be a tad unfair)
4) Ryan Leaf
5) Dwayne Haskins (trending)
6) Art Schlichter
7) Chad Kelly
8) Johnny Manziel

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Answer is to push back the commitment signing period to February. That would keep coaches from jumping to new jobs early.

There is no answer for the bowl game thing. It's meaningless to both players and coaches. Mean a lot to the media, host cities, alumni and the fundraisers to hit them up for money.

No one opts out of the NCAA tournament, just saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom