low post game | The Boneyard

low post game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we need to get the ball to miller down low. At least try it. I'm not actually a big Miller guy, but i think he does have some low post skills. I know getting the ball to the bigs and running plays for them is not a big part of uconn offense, but it sure would be nice to get opposing bigs in foul trouble. KO made a post game comment about drawing up plays for Miller. It would be cool to see that against Michigan.

Reaction Score
That's KO's plan and I agree completely. The other option is to feed AB, but that is hit or miss. What's not to like about Miller? I'm a Miller groupie.

Reaction Score
Maybe that's the wrong way to put it. I'm a fan, im just a fan of him as a supporting guy. I don't think he's going to put us on his shoulders and win big games for us. But he certainly will help.

Reaction Score
Maybe that's the wrong way to put it. I'm a fan, im just a fan of him as a supporting guy. I don't think he's going to put us on his shoulders and win big games for us. But he certainly will help.
If we need a 2 to win the game, I have no problem with him getting the ball. In fact he would be my first choice.

However better competition is looming.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm confused, you want to get the ball more to the guy you see as only a role player.

Reaction Score
I don't want to get too tied up in semantics. I like the guy. He's great. Good enough to demand the ball more. If that makes him a star so be it. I still think of him as a role player. The stars are dham, purvis, gibbs and adams. At least that's who the stars are to me.

Reaction Score
I don't want to get too tied up in semantics. I like the guy. He's great. Good enough to demand the ball more. If that makes him a star so be it. I still think of him as a role player. The stars are dham, purvis, gibbs and adams. At least that's who the stars are to me.

I don't know that anyone has made the case that Miller will carry UConn to a national championship. That said, other than saying you're not a big Miller guy, from your posts in this thread it sounds like you're about as big a Miller guy as the rest of us.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I feel that there have quite a few occasions when the guards could have played the ball down low to Miller, AB, PN and KF
While UConn may have some very good outside shooting threats, they can't ignore the guys down low.
I am especially pleased with what I have seen from KF so far.
Also like the scrappiness of SE in his limited play

Reaction Score
During the first half especially Miller was open at the foul line in the middle of the zone and for some reason we didn't get him the ball. His body language to me indicated he was frustrated they weren't passing to him. At one point early in the second half during a lull in the action he walked over toward Ollie and they had a quick exchange that looked like Ollie was teaching him or talking to him briefly. I probably read too much into this but they started getting him the ball more soon after. I'm happy the guards have been hitting their threes and initiating good offense for the most part but they are going to have off shooting nights. I do think we should be feeding Miller in the paint more. Not many people can guard him one on one and if he does get the ball in the paint he is good enough to pass out of it to create offense.

Reaction Score
During the first half especially Miller was open at the foul line in the middle of the zone and for some reason we didn't get him the ball. His body language to me indicated he was frustrated they weren't passing to him. At one point early in the second half during a lull in the action he walked over toward Ollie and they had a quick exchange that looked like Ollie was teaching him or talking to him briefly. I probably read too much into this but they started getting him the ball more soon after. I'm happy the guards have been hitting their threes and initiating good offense for the most part but they are going to have off shooting nights. I do think we should be feeding Miller in the paint more. Not many people can guard him one on one and if he does get the ball in the paint he is good enough to pass out of it to create offense.

Yeah we need to feed the post as much as possible to make the defense work inside, no doubt. The post is tough to feed as it was early, vs. the 1-3-1 but it became evident later there were people open and we did ignore it more often than not. We only had DHam last year but now Shonn can show there too, and it was good to see with the small lineup Jalen even flashed there a few times. Imagine how he can create vs the zone from high post?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Improving against the zone will take some time for a new team learning how to play together. SU will be a good challenge if we get to them. Our teams have often struggled with the pass to the center of the zone except when we have had our elite PG's. I'm a little concerned that KO seems to be putting dham into the primary ball handler/PG role rather than SG clearly being the guy with the ball. Things may well change starting Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom