Loved the disregarded flops | The Boneyard

Loved the disregarded flops

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Let them play. Not complaining but do you really think RJ was fouled?
It’s possible their feet got tangled but I’m not so sure. RJ, the refs and everyone watching were anticipating contact.

Reaction Score
Oddly the one charge they called was maybe the single worst flop of the game, when Jackson drove and Smith fell over even though Jackson had clearly stopped before hitting him. Took away an easy bucket for us.

Fortunately got the make-up call on the other end on what was an obvious blocking foul by Hawkins.

Reaction Score
It’s possible their feet got tangled but I’m not so sure. RJ, the refs and everyone watching were anticipating contact.
That was an aggressive reach and jab at the ball. The ref was right there to watch it. He may have hammered RJ on the arm. Hard to say. I also disagree with Lavin that the defender was right there, he clearly stepped in.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
How about if we

Stop blaming the refs...
Stop blaming the venue...
Stop blaming the crowd size...
Stop blaming the start time...
Stop blaming the uniforms...

Reaction Score
St John's was flopping like fish in the creel and the refs were having none of it. Beautiful.
The flip side is that the Huskies weren't flopping but were getting fouls called on them on St John's push offs. I mean, Cole's chest fouled 2 the hands-pushing-off of Johnnies on back to back plays. When Cole's chest gets pushed, it pushes back.

Reaction Score
How about if we

Stop blaming the refs...
Fine...it's all your fault! Are you happy now?

Reaction Score
The flip side is that the Huskies weren't flopping but were getting fouls called on them on St John's push offs. I mean, Cole's chest fouled 2 the hands-pushing-off of Johnnies on back to back plays. When Cole's chest gets pushed, it pushes back.
We're lucky Gaffney doesn't get called for an offensive every time he extends his off hand on the dribble

Reaction Score
I like they ignored the flops, but I'm tired of the forearm in the back of the guards all the time. Cole is getting pushed more and more. We've discussed it on the boards before, but hate how one thing is a foul one year with the 'points of emphasis' and then forgotten about the next season(s).

Reaction Score
Missed layups ok?j
√√√√√

Must have had 1/2 dozen in the 2nd half. At one point Donny said "He missed that "0-footer" , plus a few other similar comments.

Reaction Score
How about if we

Stop blaming the refs...
Welcome to the ... . . . . . . . . . . . Oh wait.

Reaction Score
Probably not but do we really think RJ committed the horrendous offensive foul a few minutes prior? What about the St. John’s player standing out of bounds when he threw the ball off Martin?

We were due for a call to go our way…
They showed a replay of that the guy was not out of bounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom