Love these excuses on Kentucky Board | The Boneyard

Love these excuses on Kentucky Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#1 "I think UK was tired and Randle wasn't 100 percent. Play 10 games and I think UK wins 6 or 7."

Heard this in 99 after 1st title, My response " Hey Hillbilly, the thing is its a one game winner take all !!"
No one cares that when the pressure is off your guys might win some games against the Huskies.

#2 "first half was jitters, pressure.

second half, cats outplayed them imo, just missed too many shots while Uconn was clutch"

So you have "jitters" in 1st half, "outplayed " us in second half but missed shots while Uconn was Clutch?
What in the heck are these idiots talking about ?? How can you outplay someone but miss shots and choke?

#3 " I heard a couple of national guys make the point after the Louisville game: UK's wins over Wichita State and UofL were so physically and emotionally draining that there was no way they'd have any juice left for the Michigan game. Maybe they ended up being right about that, we just had enough gas to last a couple more games…."

AHHH the old "we got worn down beating some really good teams just before playing Huskies" excuse. Back in the day ACC teams used to use this excuse all the time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hate to say it because it would sound pompous, but UCONN beats them by 10+ if DeAndre and Ryan don't pick up those 2 quick fouls in the late first half. Kentucky would have probably not gone on a massive run to close that half.

Reaction Score
Cats outplayed UConn despite missing shots while UConn hit shots? Um...how do you score points in basketball? Missing shots? That is evidence of a superior team? I'm an all-american then.

re: the emotionally draining games. This is a tournament. If you don't have the juice to win a bunch of tough games then you don't deserve to win the tournament.

edit: Wanted to add this. People are acting UK is usually a machine on the line. They went 13/24. Their season average was 67.9%. Lets give them their season average...then they shoot 16/24 or 17/24. Still a loss.

Last edited:

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Cal switching to the 2-3 zone (something he or Kentucky never does) kept them from being blown out by fifteen - 20 pts.

arch

Reaction Score
cats outplayed uconn despite missing shots while uconn hit shots? Um...how do you score points in basketball? Missing shots? That is evidence of a superior team? I'm an all-american then.

re: the emotionally draining games. This is a tournament. If you don't have the juice to win a bunch of tough games then you don't deserve to win the tournament.
I think we have to agree that UConn managed to avoid emotionally draining games. Thankfully we didn't have to face the number 1 ranked team or the team all the experts were picking. Getting to the finals playing five 16 seeds was a big advantage for UConn.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Nope. He went to the zone only after Boat and Daniels got into foul trouble. Not a stroke of genius; a stroke of luck.
It was a little reminiscent of the Butler game. It was close in the first half because all our guys had two fouls. When our full team was in there it was a mismatch.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
We had two key players who had already won it all. Sure, they were freshmen back then but they went through it and knew what to expect. Kentucky relied on 7 freshmen and a sophomore. They had no one on that floor that could stabilize the team. They were destined to lose.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Nope. He went to the zone only after Boat and Daniels got into foul trouble. Not a stroke of genius; a stroke of luck.
His players had to talk him into going zone. Great game coach.......not!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
#3 " I heard a couple of national guys make the point after the Louisville game: UK's wins over Wichita State and UofL were so physically and emotionally draining that there was no way they'd have any juice left for the Michigan game. Maybe they ended up being right about that, we just had enough gas to last a couple more games…."
lmaooo they said this after losing to three players who already won a title, AFTER playing 5 games in 5 days against four ranked opponents.

Reaction Score
I don't put much into what forum posters write in the first 24 hours after a loss. Not on their board, or ours.

caw

Reaction Score
All I know is that Dakari Johnson was sucking wind. Dude needs to get in shape.

Also how the heck did they beat UL twice?

Reaction Score
All I know is that Dakari Johnson was sucking wind. Dude needs to get in shape.

Also how the heck did they beat UL twice?
the same reason why we beat Florida twice and lost to UL thrice

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Cats outplayed UConn despite missing shots while UConn hit shots? Um...how do you score points in basketball? Missing shots? That is evidence of a superior team? I'm an all-american then.

edit: Wanted to add this. People are acting UK is usually a machine on the line. They went 13/24. Their season average was 67.9%. Lets give them their season average...then they shoot 16/24 or 17/24. Still a loss.
68% for a Cal-coached team is a machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer