Love Rebecca Lobo but did u catch it after the game... | The Boneyard

Love Rebecca Lobo but did u catch it after the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
she always does a awesome job but asked what would be the biggest challenge for rest of the season... Mentioned South Carolina that the game is being played in Columbia and if there guards can get back on track could be a problem with there bigs inside to... Rebecca seems to be very knowledgeable especially regarding the huskies... But the game against the gamecocks is being held at gampel. Even the guy on set with her said the same thing... Just thought it was odd they couldn't even get the simplest of facts corrected on live broadcast... Oh well just thought I would point that out!! Still love Rebecca she's a rock star!!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I wondered if anyone else noticed that.

Reaction Score
same. she said that and i immediately looked up it because i was pretty sure that was wrong....we played at USC last year

although even though that was the only part of the studio feed that i saw last night, it certainly didn't seem like her cohost had a damn clue what was going on

Reaction Score
I don't know why ESPN keeps rotating WBB studio hosts yearly - unless it is considered NOT to be an attractive gig. Let Rebecca be the permanent host so she won't have to travel and be away from her kids, and try and get Kara Lawson as much as possible, though I think both she and the network are looking to broaden her exposure because she is by FAR their best announcer (men OR women) for hoop. When Kara can't be Lobo's sidekick, get Swin.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is the year for UCONN to use every advantage we have because the next 2 years, it won't matter. Having that game at Gampel will be great for helping with home court and having our fans there. I would be more apprehensive about SC had they not just lost to Duke. I would think Butler will see a lot of PT in this game, but also think UCONN will do a lot of double teaming in the post with help defense and dare SC to beat us from beyond the arc.

Back to Rebecca - oops! I'm sure she will get it right next time!

Reaction Score
she always does a awesome job but asked what would be the biggest challenge for rest of the season... Mentioned South Carolina that the game is being played in Columbia and if there guards can get back on track could be a problem with there bigs inside to... Rebecca seems to be very knowledgeable especially regarding the huskies... But the game against the gamecocks is being held at gampel. Even the guy on set with her said the same thing... Just thought it was odd they couldn't even get the simplest of facts corrected on live broadcast... Oh well just thought I would point that out!! Still love Rebecca she's a rock star!!!

Seriously? All of her insightful, incisive commentary, and we're concentrating on one tiny misstatement?

Reaction Score
Seriously? All of her insightful, incisive commentary, and we're concentrating on one tiny misstatement?

It wasn't tiny. And I want to add I love Becca. But she specifically said a reason why USC was such a danger is that they get UCONN at home. If you really enjoy her commentary as many of us do, then aren't you interested to know how this may change her opinion? There is a reason why I keep the same channel on after the game or listen to halftime. It's because I like to hear what Becca and Kara have to say. Now I'm interested what she thinks now that UCONN has them at home. I'd love to hear her re-analysis. I still recall one of her great calls saying USC has no chance to beat UCONN because they can't score enough. I'd like to hear her re-analysis now. OFC USC has a chance to win. But she made it sound like beating USC would be daunting. Maybe it still is-- but I'd like to hear.

Reaction Score
Sheesh.

Not like she arrived in a foreign country and tumbled down the steps from the plane or barfed onstage at a formal dinner with heads of state.

Geno's right : we're spoiled rotten. (but we love it)
A good candidate for the cesspool.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I did notice it also, however, Rebecca Lobo is an outstanding announcer and great representative for womens college basketball in general and the UConn Huskies specifically....so she gets a "get out of jail free" pass for this minor error.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She acknowledged her error
Screenshot_2016-12-10-09-26-05-1.png

Reaction Score
try and get Kara Lawson as much as possible, though I think both she and the network are looking to broaden her exposure because she is by FAR their best announcer (men OR women) for hoop.

Amen to that!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
SMH and wondering what century we are in.

A century where *sometimes* parents work and raise children and try to strike a balance. Per research, working women still do a disproportionate percentage of the homekeeping and child rearing. Society still judges them for not being stay-at-home-moms. When was the last time a man was asked "how do you balance between home and work"? That being said, sound like Mr. Lobo does a stand up job.

Rebecca tweets about her kids a lot - some of it is funny, some of it is "it's tough to be away." Have seen other female coaches talk about "getting home to the kids." Haven't seen men do that as often, if ever.

Finally, I think there was actually some discussion of a studio gig being doable BECAUSE it was nearby and she had a handful of young'uns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom