Love John Silver's Daily Email | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Love John Silver's Daily Email

Reaction Score
Yonick. Smh. Having a problem with Mailchimp. Best thing to do is add john@uconndaily.com to address book. That will get them all. Also, send me an email too and I will will check.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
@JohnFSilver Just wanted to say these have been great. Great idea, great execution. UCONN MCBB has been missing this kind of engagement. Keep 'em coming.

Couple of things:
  • I might be missing it, but maybe add a search function on the blog. I can always use google no problem myself, but it's nice to have that functionality at your fingertips. Just a little thing.
  • More updates on Kemba's epic year! I never get to watch Charlotte and I'd love to hear about it. I'm sure I missed some, as I've been away and without internet access, but man, he's killing it. And is one of our GOAT's.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I like AGs game. Just his handling of the offense. Maybe I missed it, but i thought the game had good pacing and the team Is organized. Flawless is a little too strong though. I love aggressiveness and speed. Agree there, out of control at times. But that pace is exhaustingmentally for other teams. Even being out for control shows speed and athleticism. I’ll take that over zombie ball of the last three years.

As far as Vital. He is a junior. Just a mistake (been around forever, though).

Maybe I am biased towards aggressiveness.

Thanks for helping us keep up with our NBA stars too. Love the daily email.

Reaction Score
Thanks. You guys like Kemba and alumni stuff? Zac and i have debated it. Kemba rises to it because he is mvp level, but it’s always a fine line.

Would love a quick stat line of the Uconn Players in the NBA game's if they played the night prior.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Thanks. You guys like Kemba and alumni stuff? Zac and i have debated it. Kemba rises to it because he is mvp level, but it’s always a fine line.

Tough to do everybody, given the time it takes to track, but when a guy is completely balling out, like Kemba, it's worth a look. Plus, he'll be a free agent which adds intrigue.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is one of the few emails I actually read before deleting. HUGE compliment.
It goes to my Yahoo account, which is what I use to sign up for everything so the account gets all of the other unsolicited offer e-mails.

The only ones I mass delete without reading are Home Depot e-receipts, Amazon tracking, and the UConn Daily. My real e-mails go to my gmail account.

Reaction Score
When guys have a good enough game to be featured on the sports shows, I would say yes, include it. I don't watch a lot of sports shows, usually find about Kemba going off here. If there's an interesting, unique, or AP level story about some of the alumni worth adding. Maybe save the "where are they now" type of news for the offseason?

Great job with the newsletter, I read it every day.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This is, by far, one of the best comments we have had.
Wait...each time I read your daily slice of life I do a sign of the cross, kiss my fingers and then point in your general direction.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wait...each time I read your daily slice of life I do a sign of the cross, kiss my fingers and then point in your general direction.

I stand up, clean up, turn around, and flush...Wait...That didn't sound right...:eek:

This shouldn't be taken the wrong way...I recall a Bill Simmons column a (long) while back where he indicated that reading him in the bathroom was high praise. Reason? People used to read newspapers on the can and left it behind when they were done. Apparently it's the same for sports columns, because in the days before smartphones, columns had to be printed. It increased his exposure.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I stand up, clean up, turn around, and flush...Wait...That didn't sound right...:eek:

This shouldn't be taken the wrong way...I recall a Bill Simmons column a (long) while back where he indicated that reading him in the bathroom was high praise. Reason? People used to read newspapers on the can and left it behind when they were done. Apparently it's the same for sports columns, because in the days before smartphones, columns had to be printed. It increased his exposure.

Actually, this length of blog is perfect for the dunnie. For normal dumpers at any rate.

Reaction Score
Actually, this length of blog is perfect for the dunnie. For normal dumpers at any rate.
If you are reading, when we get advertising, I will happily make some cash on your restroom breaks.

There was an old wives tale that bathroom reading is why the JI is a tabloid. Never had he guts to ask.

Reaction Score
@JohnFSilver great work... format is quick, concise and informative. perfect audience for it

small suggestion, label the sections so we know which sport is being discussed at each break. as an example, had to pause and think about which team Aubrey Griffin was committing to. will make quicker, cleaner read if know which sport youre addressing at each break

keep up the great work

Reaction Score
We'll see if we can work that in. Want to do it right. Let me work on that. Thanks for the feedback.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom