Love him or hate him | The Boneyard

Love him or hate him

Reaction Score
Yes he pkays defense but he killed us today. We were'nt supposed to win without 3 good players but as I said losing by 8 is no moral victory.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How do you figure? He's missed 14 out of 18 shots. I get that he's trying hard, but he hasn't really done all that much positive.

Who played solid D the entire game?
Who ran the point without Jalen?

The routine from a few of you guys is really tired. Nobody else on this team is willing to take the shots when it matters (besides Jalen). Nobody else in this team is capable of going off for 20+ points. Today we had to live or die with Rodney because nobody else is capable of carrying this team when Jalen isn't on the court...

Reaction Score
I'm not a Rodney hater by any means, but come on. His shot wasn't there today and Vital and Jackson were both shooting over 50% from the floor and from 3. There's no reason for him to take twice as many shots as everyone else when he's ice cold. Including multiple 3's from waaay beyond the arc.

Reaction Score

The routine from a few of you guys is really tired. Nobody else on this team is willing to take the shots when it matters besides Jalen. Nobody else in this team is capable of going off for 20+ points. Today we had to live or die with Rodney because nobody else is capable of carrying this team when Jalen isn't on the court...
Easy there big fella. The OP said we'd be down by 25 without Rodney. Yes, he played hard. But what exactly were his positive contributions to the game that were worth a net +17 points? Don't be so damn defensive. He wasn't the only reason we lost, not by a longshot. But when you're 4-18 from the field with 2 assists and 1 turnover, it's awfully hard to say your were worth +17 points to your team.

Reaction Score
Our Seniors should have carried us much better today. This game was winnable against a better SMU team. We were at home and the fans were itching to be that 6th man.

I'm disappointed because our experienced vets couldn't bring this one in, or at least carry the young pups. We did not need hero ball (e.g. half court 3 point shots or bad selfish looking shots which were challenged). If you are missing long distance bombs then come in a little closer or drive to the hoop and draw some fouls.

Just saying all we needed was just some solid fundamental execution, lock down defense and team basketball all of which our Seniors are expected to provide and lead by example.

Sure Jalen went down, but it was under ten with plenty of time at HOME! If Brimah and Purvis could have just matched Facey's effort, intensity and determination we could have won.

Reaction Score
I love his effort and grit. He is what he is. Folks get annoyed when I say it, but he is consistently good against bad teams and consistently bad against good teams. Not a knock, just who he is and I am an RP fan.

When he takes his jersey off for the final time he will have left every drop of sweat anyone could have asked in it.

Reaction Score
Without Rodney today, we'd be losing by 25. He makes some questionable decisions, but he's a good player with a great motor. 40 minutes a game, every game...
You must be joking. If he just shot 39% from the field instead of 22%, we would've had a tie game. He gives his all no doubt, but as KingOPancakes said, he had no business firing up those loooong threes when his shot was clearly off - he should have let Jackson or Vital take those shots. He gives great effort, but that doesn't make him good. He's a mediocre player on a .500 team

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Easy there big fella. The OP said we'd be down by 25 without Rodney. Yes, he played hard. But what exactly were his positive contributions to the game that were worth a net +17 points? Don't be so damn defensive. He wasn't the only reason we lost, not by a longshot. But when you're 4-18 from the field with 2 assists and 1 turnover, it's awfully hard to say your were worth +17 points to your team.

So who comes in off the bench so that he could regain his legs for a few minutes each half? Noyes?

This is what some of you are unwilling to understand. Shooting efficiency goes up with fresh legs and down with tired legs. Rodney played the entire game yet again, playing point for a big chunk of it.

Ollie can bring Vital in of the bench when Jalen is healthy. When Jalen is hurt, there is literally nobody. Not one guard to bring in.

Purvis over the last 10 or 11 games had been playing really well, despite the roster adversity. He had a rough game today. But judging his performance in a vacuum is ridiculous...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
can't remember the last time RP sat, he must be getting fatigued

If I'm Ollie, I would be very tempted to actually bring Noyes in for 2 minutes each half, just to try to re-energize the kid's legs. He tried it for the last 20 seconds of a half in a recent game. It's worth the risk to get a fresh Purvis, I think. I'm surprised the kid hasn't already broken down physically...

Reaction Score
So who comes in off the bench so that he could regain his legs for a few minutes each half? Noyes?

This is what some of you are unwilling to understand. Shooting efficiency goes up with fresh legs and down with tired legs. Rodney played the entire game yet again, playing point for a big chunk of it.

Ollie can bring Vital in of the bench when Jalen is healthy. When Jalen is hurt, there is literally nobody. Not one guard to bring in.

Purvis over the last 10 or 11 games had been playing really well, despite the roster adversity. He had a rough game today. But judging his performance in a vacuum is ridiculous...
Great point, but Rodney needs to learn to manage his energy. If he is weak legged then shoot a little closer, if his shot is not falling look for the hot hand or the better (i.e. open) shot/shooter. In other words look for other ways to generate offense/points.

Just saying that Rodney never learned the art of adaptation and adjustment.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Great point, but Rodney needs to learn to manage his energy. If he is weak legged then shoot a little closer, if his shot is not falling look for the hot hand or the better (i.e. open) shot/shooter. In other words look for other ways to generate offense/points.

Just saying that Rodney never learned the art of adaptation and adjustment.

Manage his energy???

Uggh. I give up. I really do. People are expecting him to be able to get to the rim with 3 minutes left in a game after playing the entire game for the third time in a little over a week. But...manage his energy...got it...

Reaction Score
Yes, RP brings more to the table than AB but having him playing point is just scary. I'm actually surprised we were able to get back into the game even with him playing badly. RP is a good off guard but should never been counted on to carry a team. He is very limited in that aspect.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

The routine from a few of you guys is really tired. Nobody else on this team is willing to take the shots when it matters (besides Jalen). Nobody else in this team is capable of going off for 20+ points. Today we had to live or die with Rodney because nobody else is capable of carrying this team when Jalen isn't on the court...

Thanks Dan - I couldn't agree more
If it aint RP its KO -
What we could have used was a steady center who can hit some shots, play physically and not just block some shots during a 5 minute span
I thought the 2nd half effort by RP, KF, CV and VJ was nice and not what I expected when JA went down
Could RP shoot the ball better today? Yeah Could Milton have shot worse, yeah
But in the late 2nd half I have to think that RPs legs were pretty heavy

Reaction Score
Thanks Dan - I couldn't agree more
If it aint RP its KO -
What we could have used was a steady center who can hit some shots, play physically and not just block some shots during a 5 minute span
I thought the 2nd half effort by RP, KF, CV and VJ was nice and not what I expected when JA went down
Could RP shoot the ball better today? Yeah Could Milton have shot worse, yeah
But in the late 2nd half I have to think that RPs legs were pretty heavy
Problem was RP was forcing long 3's during a key run and some early in the shot clock. No reason for that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm not a Rodney hater by any means, but come on. His shot wasn't there today and Vital and Jackson were both shooting over 50% from the floor and from 3. There's no reason for him to take twice as many shots as everyone else when he's ice cold. Including multiple 3's from waaay beyond the arc.
A guy who is coming off a string of games where he was hitting lots of 3's and many of them were clutch is going to be given the green light.
His problem is that he plays so many minutes his legs are shot
Whoever talks about managing his energy level is a crackpot

Reaction Score

I am STILL waiting for you to explain how he saved us 17 points today. You keep ignoring the issue YOU brought up and throwing out stuff that nobody is challenging.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom