Love CV | The Boneyard

Love CV

Reaction Score
There's so many reasons that i love CV and him game. As a coach I so appreciate his constant effort and intensity and his stat stuffing abilities.
His defense is great (on and off the ball) and he's quick to provide leadership to other players. His shot selection has been much better, and rebounding, steals,
and assists are stellar. Finally, he stayed in our program when it would have been much easier to leave it - like others did. THANK YOU Christian, I can't wait to see where you'll lead us this year!

Reaction Score
DCEBBCD6-4C5E-488E-8B20-955A566A6AAA.jpeg

Reaction Score
There's so many reasons that i love CV and him game. As a coach I so appreciate his constant effort and intensity and his stat stuffing abilities.
His defense is great (on and off the ball) and he's quick to provide leadership to other players. His shot selection has been much better, and rebounding, steals,
and assists are stellar. Finally, he stayed in our program when it would have been much easier to leave it - like others did. THANK YOU Christian, I can't wait to see where you'll lead us this year!
The dude plays hard and grabs lots of rebounds can shoot, can drive and doesnt run from a fight. But his shot selection is absolutely horrendous most of the time.

Reaction Score
His shot selection kills our rhythm. He doesnt know how to fit into this offense. The points he gets, anyone else can get. Bouknight or Adams would do better with the same minutes.
The end of the half last game was the perfect example. Wasted the clock for a hero desperation shot.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
His shot selection kills our rhythm. He doesnt know how to fit into this offense. The points he gets, anyone else can get. Bouknight or Adams would do better with the same minutes.
The end of the half last game was the perfect example. Wasted the clock for a hero desperation shot.
He's trolling you. Quite well I might add.

At least you'll always have this as your contribution to his appreciation thread.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

:confused: it's all I got, I just can't

Reactions: caw

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It's how the play is drawn. I hate our plan at the end of the half or the game for that matter. 20 seconds on the clock and stand there and dribble between half court and top of the key. I cannot think of any time that worked for years that I watched. Why not work the ball around for a clean shot. The defense just waits and watch for Gilbert or CV to drive to the basket.

pj

Reaction Score

Getting assists is key, it makes him a complete player. He may never be a triple-threat player on offense but having two threats, and enough college experience making the judgment calls about which threat to exercise, will give him a chance for a lucrative pro career overseas, and UConn a chance to do damage this year.

UPDATE: Changed "three-threat" to "triple-threat" to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Getting assists is key, it makes him a complete player. He may never be a three-threat player on offense but having two threats, and enough college experience making the judgment calls about which threat to exercise, will give him a chance for a lucrative pro career overseas, and UConn a chance to do damage this year.
He shot 42% from three last year.

Reaction Score
It's how the play is drawn. I hate our plan at the end of the half or the game for that matter. 20 seconds on the clock and stand there and dribble between half court and top of the key. I cannot think of any time that worked for years that I watched. Why not work the ball around for a clean shot. The defense just waits and watch for Gilbert or CV to drive to the basket.
Bouk needs to take that last shot, after they work the ball to him with a pass or two. By season end that will be in place.

pj

Reaction Score
He shot 42% from three last year.

I know. Shooting is his first threat. His handle is not going to let him be a pro-level driver. If he can get his passing judgment and assists up then he has a second threat.

Reaction Score
I know. Shooting is his first threat. His handle is not going to let him be a pro-level driver. If he can get his passing judgment and assists up then he has a second threat.
Completely misread your statement. Thought you meant he wouldn’t be a threat from three

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Phew. Thought people were posting their conquest resumes.

Reaction Score
He’s our senior/one of our floor leaders. One thing I can count on with CV is that he’s gonna bring IT every single time he’s on the court. I definitely root for this especially when he’s playing within himself and the game

Reaction Score
On a losing team going nowhere. Big deal.

I get the frustration over CV's shot selection, but that doesn't change the fact that he shot 42% from three-point range last year. When you add that shooting potential to all the rebounds he gets along with the steals and the hustle plays and the incredibly high free throw percentage you've got a guy who's actually become a star. A frustrating star at times, albeit, but definitely a star.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I hate our plan at the end of the half or the game for that matter. 20 seconds on the clock and stand there and dribble between half court and top of the key.
I find that it gives me enough time to yell at the television AND text in frustration to my sister.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I get the frustration over CV's shot selection, but that doesn't change the fact that he shot 42% from three-point range last year. When you add that shooting potential to all the rebounds he gets along with the steals and the hustle plays and the incredibly high free throw percentage you've got a guy who's actually become a star. A frustrating star at times, albeit, but definitely a star.
And his defense is under rated. His steals and disruptions to opposing guards are overlooked.

In the Xavier comeback at the end of regulation CV and Al's disruption reminded me of the Florida and Kentucky games with Bazz and Boat disrupting their guards. Yet we focused after that game on the missed shots of those two players. Nothing was said about their defense.

The frustration is as much on us as on CV. We frequently give and overweigh value to something that is personally important to us as opposed to looking at the entire scale of contributions. Of course it would be preferential if CV could pass the ball like Marcus Williams, but it would have been preferential if Marcus could have played defense like CV. Most players have limitations. So what? It's the net balance that's important. I don't care that Tyler is a subpar rebounder if he's an assassin three point shooter and if the team has options to make up for that rebounding deficiency.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom