LOVE BAZZ Tonight... | The Boneyard

LOVE BAZZ Tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spot on. Bazz is playing his balls off and catches way too much crap for it.

This really is his team from a leadership perspective. He is giving off a great vibe on the court regardless of who can appreciate it or not. The guy is becoming FLAT OUT SPECIAL.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i liked shabazz tonight got everyone involved and played great d... a far stretch but ive always thought he can be like marcus williams by pretty much being pass first and scoring when need be

Reaction Score
Not sure how much everyone has noticed but Shabazz is one of the best point guards in the nation. He is trying to balance out how to control the game and when he needs to take over. Tough thing is this year our two best players by far are 5'10 and 6'0, next year could be special I just wish Warde would take the reigns off and let Ollie go full throttle.

Reaction Score
Bazz is Ben Gordon at the point guard. Yeah I said it, by his senior year Bazz will be another Big Ben. The kid can flat out play and so effortlessly. Not to compare but Boat makes even dribbling and playing look like hard work, but Bazz looks smooth as butter. We call him Bazz Butter in my house.

Reaction Score
Bazz has done a very good job taking the keys from Kemba and leading this team. Nice to see a game where he doesnt have to do a lot of scoring and we still win.

Reaction Score
I liked how he played but he looked distant. It was almost like he was under orders to distribute more and didn't like it. But I think it is good for him to show he can be a great creator for teammates. We already knew he can create for himself.

So while I agree that he played a good game and helped his own cause, I did 't see the great vibe everyone else did. He looked unhappy to me.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I liked how he played but he looked distant. It was almost like he was under orders to distribute more and didn't like it. But I think it is good for him to show he can be a great creator for teammates. We already knew he can create for himself.

So while I agree that he played a good game and helped his own cause, I did 't see the great vibe everyone else did. He looked unhappy to me.

I disagree. Bazz is just all business, all the time. Kid hasn't smiled once since we won the national championship. Doesn't mean he's unhappy.

SJ

Reaction Score
I disagree. Bazz is just all business, all the time. Kid hasn't smiled once since we won the national championship. Doesn't mean he's unhappy.
last year at first night (2011 season) he was called shabazz "the business" napier. :D he doesn't mess around on facebook or twitter–he is all about the business!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He is husky through and through. Put him in the iditarod as the lead dog because he's a sledders ideal choice for that position. Some kids lead by charisma (Caron and Kemba) and some kids lead by worth ethic!
Emeka wasn't someone who I would call warm and fuzzy. He was all business!

Last year there were a lot of issues. Team came off the previous year with an NC - always a recipe for reduction in hunger. They lost the super star who literally carried the team on his back. There was the late last minute addition of AD which resulted in players seeing minutes decreased and couldn't handle it like Rashamal Jones. One captain was all business and one captain wanted to be liked. The first wanted the team to push itself. The second wanted players to be low key. The charismatic captain was probably a disservice to the team.

Reaction Score
He is husky through and through. Put him in the iditarod as the lead dog because he's a sledders ideal choice for that position. Some kids lead by charisma (Caron and Kemba) and some kids lead by worth ethic!
Emeka wasn't someone who I would call warm and fuzzy. He was all business!

Last year there were a lot of issues. Team came off the previous year with an NC - always a recipe for reduction in hunger. They lost the super star who literally carried the team on his back. There was the late last minute addition of AD which resulted in players seeing minutes decreased and couldn't handle it like Rashamal Jones. One captain was all business and one captain wanted to be liked. The first wanted the team to push itself. The second wanted players to be low key. The charismatic captain was probably a disservice to the team.

I am already looking forward to next year and hoping we return this nucleus in tact and healthy. Each game is exciting this year with the hope of improving for next year. I am still hoping we can somehow miraculously land another big that can help us immediately next year. If not my hopes will still be high regardless with Bazz as a senior. I think he could be a serious POY candidate next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom