Lou's shooting touch | The Boneyard

Lou's shooting touch

Reaction Score
Other than last game, Lou's long range shot has been off for at least couple weeks now even though she said she is making them in practice. I hope she finds her game touch soon because I don't think UConn can win the NC without a efficient shooting Lou.

Reaction Score
Other than last game, Lou's long range shot has been off for at least couple weeks now even though she said she is making them in practice. I hope she finds her game touch soon because I don't think UConn can win the NC without a efficient shooting Lou.
For sure they need her to get hot. Watching her tonight, really working on defense, running the court and plus 30 minutes and shooting flat. I think she is just getting tired. Not sure that there is a fix for that until next year.
In a tight game they only have 6 and that's with Kia. Maybe a few minutes from Nat but they are not as good without the big six. Lou needs to get some bench time to shoot more consistently.

Reaction Score
And maybe it was just me, but I thought she got schooled at least a couple of times on defense....just plain beaten by players who either scored or passed the ball through. This is not really a knock on her, but rather agreement that she sure looks like she could use a rest.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Lou's rythym was off last night, but she will be fine IMHO. Same player that went 11-14 on Saturday.

Entire team will benefit from 11-12 day period between AAC tournament and first round NCAA.

I have been saying all year that I would like to see more air under her mid-range pull up jumpers. She tends to line drive them, while her three point shot has beautiful arc. She did front rim some mid range shots yesterday, but it seems to be the flat arc is just how she tends to shoot them.

They did a great job last night of opening up the lane for Collier and feeding her down low from the high post. Given that Lou always has a height advantage and is adept at scoring down there, I would like to see them run that for her especially if outside shot is off to get her going.

Reaction Score
Lou's rythym was off last night, but she will be fine IMHO. Same player that went 11-14 on Saturday.

Entire team will benefit from 11-12 day period between AAC tournament and first round NCAA.

I have been saying all year that I would like to see more air under her mid-range pull up jumpers. She tends to line drive them, while her three point shot has beautiful arc. She did front rim some mid range shots yesterday, but it seems to be the flat arc is just how she tends to shoot them.

They did a great job last night of opening up the lane for Collier and feeding her down low from the high post. Given that Lou always has a height advantage and is adept at scoring down there, I would like to see them run that for her especially if outside shot is off to get her going.
I concur with your assessment... IMO, Lou will be who we need her to be come tourney time... they don't play again until Saturday, so she has time to work on things and rest up a bit. In Geno we Trust!!! He will get her tuned up for the big events on the horizon. Since the team has defied his predictions of an early season loss or two (or more), he wants to run the table as much as any of us or the Team do!! Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Katie Lou.... ummmmm.....playing badly........16 points, one offensive rebound, one defensive rebound and 4 assists against USF.

Me thinks, other teams would kill for a player like this.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Katie Lou.... ummmmm.....playing badly...16 points, one offensive rebound, one defensive rebound and 4 assists against USF.

It seems that you are willing to settle for something less. Geno does not believe in settling. It's not the Uconn way.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry too much about Lou. USF was able to speed her up just a bit and that made a difference. The shots she made in rhythm looked just fine. She did front rim a number of shots which is usually indicative of tired legs.

I believe the Huskies get two days off before they're back to practice on Thursday. I expect Lou to be in the zone for the AAC tournament.

Reaction Score
It seems that you are willing to settle for something less. Geno does not believe in settling. It's not the Uconn way.

I spent 23 years in the US Marine Corps. I don't settle for any thing less because it gets people killed. But when it is only a "game", and she is having a "slump" in scoring in stead of 23 to 3o points a night, and doing other things to help this team, I do not consider this accepting less. In the last two games she had 19 and 16 respectively. I like, many others, appreciate everything she is doing to help this TEAM. And, when she is moving instead of planting her feet, she finds other ways to score.

"Not the UConn way?" Really?

Reaction Score
Kara Lawson said at the start and at the finish of the USF game that UConn could NOT win the NC w/out Kia. Hopefully that theory won't get tested, but I must say that Crystal's play has grown consistently better. Dangerfield produced 12 points last night along with her stellar point play, distribution, and defense. No one can replace Nurse's experience, leadership, defense, calming influence, but I'm very thankful that we have someone who can fill-in adequately. It's also a big plus that Saniya has finally found herself. Look for Chong to make a big contribution in the NC push; hey, the opposition can't guard everyone.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou.... ummmmm.....playing badly...16 points, one offensive rebound, one defensive rebound and 4 assists against USF.

Couldn't agree more. Seems if she doesn't hit for 25+ and 75% from the floor that she's having a bad game... we sure are spoiled.... just sayin...

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry too much about Lou. USF was able to speed her up just a bit and that made a difference. The shots she made in rhythm looked just fine. She did front rim a number of shots which is usually indicative of tired legs.

I believe the Huskies get two days off before they're back to practice on Thursday. I expect Lou to be in the zone for the AAC tournament.
And, she also had some shots that were "in"... I remember one in particular that rattled around, looked to be 1/2 way down, but somehow didn't drop through. If that one and a number that sure looked like they were going in had fallen, we wouldn't be having this thread. IMO of course.

Reaction Score
IIRC - KLS shots were short last night, barely hitting the front rim, a sign of tired legs. She will be ok, just needs a little rest. It is a long season.

Reaction Score
Steph Curry was 0-11 from three last night. He's not going to do anything different and neither should Lou. Shooters gotta shoot. Love Kelsey Plum basically saying no matter how cold she may have been she always feels like she's hot.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I spent 23 years in the US Marine Corps. I don't settle for any thing less because it gets people killed. But when it is only a "game", and she is having a "slump" in scoring in stead of 23 to 3o points a night, and doing other things to help this team, I do not consider this accepting less. In the last two games she had 19 and 16 respectively. I like, many others, appreciate everything she is doing to help this TEAM. And, when she is moving instead of planting her feet, she finds other ways to score.

"Not the UConn way?" Really?
I was speaking of the one offensive and one defensive rebound as settling, not her points scored. Geno has said he is not satisfied with her offensive rebounding. She is doing other things to help the team but to except 2 rebounds in over 25 minutes of play as doing a good job IS settling and that is NOT the Uconn way. Think what you want to think.

Reaction Score
I was speaking of the one offensive and one defensive rebound as settling, not her points scored. Geno has said he is not satisfied with her offensive rebounding. She is doing other things to help the team but to except 2 rebounds in over 25 minutes of play as doing a good job IS settling and that is NOT the Uconn way. Think what you want to think.

You are certainly correct about Lou improving her rebounding capability and she even admits in previous interviews that she prefers to have Gabby and Napheesa mix it up. However, I thought that this was a thread about "Lou's Shooting Touch".

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
You are certainly correct about Lou improving her rebounding capability and she even admits in previous interviews that she prefers to have Gabby and Napheesa mix it up. However, I thought that this was a thread about "Lou's Shooting Touch".
It is. You brought up the rebounding. I believe her shooting accuracy will be there from here on out. If the three point shooting does not return I believe she will score from medium range and from posting up. I believe it does not matter how she scores but that she finds different ways to score.

Reaction Score
For sure they need her to get hot. Watching her tonight, really working on defense, running the court and plus 30 minutes and shooting flat. I think she is just getting tired. Not sure that there is a fix for that until next year.
In a tight game they only have 6 and that's with Kia. Maybe a few minutes from Nat but they are not as good without the big six. Lou needs to get some bench time to shoot more consistently.
\
Geno has been to these rodeo's many times and has had tired players more often than many change tires. RIGHT now his players are resting and learning. After the AAC tourney--more rest. Between NCAA games he'll rest them and put in a new kink or two--just to drive other coach mad.
What Katie Lou Samuelson must do--to be successful is to do as I did before every game---and I always scored my average---I'd first spit into both hands --rub them together--then turn in circles 8 times right then 5 times left--jumped on my left foot 3 times---and I knew I'd hit my average 2 baskets of course if the opponents were older than 10 maybe I wouldn't.

Reaction Score
Another possible explanation for the KLS "slump", could be the way she is being defended now that Kia is out injured. It may not be a coincidence the two events have overlapped.

Reaction Score
Katie lou is always moving and drawing the defense out which opens up the inside for gabby and collier. Other teams can't take every uconn player out of the game so they game plan around KLS. What difference does it make if she scores more then gabby or collier as long as they win? She gets beat up more then anyone on the team. If i recall it took stewie a while to get used to the physical contact.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
\
Geno has been to these rodeo's many times and has had tired players more often than many change tires. RIGHT now his players are resting and learning. After the AAC tourney--more rest. Between NCAA games he'll rest them and put in a new kink or two--just to drive other coach mad.
What Katie Lou Samuelson must do--to be successful is to do as I did before every game---and I always scored my average---I'd first spit into both hands --rub them together--then turn in circles 8 times right then 5 times left--jumped on my left foot 3 times---and I knew I'd hit my average 2 baskets of course if the opponents were older than 10 maybe I wouldn't.
If you had jumped 4 times on your left foot you would have been unstoppable!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

In case anyone was wondering if Lou ever drops by the Boneyard, at least now you know what to look for! ;)

Reaction Score
If you had jumped 4 times on your left foot you would have been unstoppable!
you must have seen me the night --i was really hot--turned 5 times on the left foot--and had a season's high game--3 baskets!!!
I thought this was my most secret pre game ritual !!

Reaction Score
In case anyone was wondering if Lou ever drops by the Boneyard, at least now you know what to look for! ;)
i\

I sure hope Katie lou sees my posting and know what to do with it!! Do you think she'll keep my secret???

Reaction Score
Sometimes it's not settling for less--just accept what was----Geno expects perfection every game--and rarely gets it--obviously to not drive himself crazy he has to accept what WAS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom