Lou's Retaped Ankle/foot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou's Retaped Ankle/foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought Stewie was a virtuoso at this.
But I worry more about taller players falling as their important parts that can break have a greater height to fall from! :eek::cool:

Tiff and Moriah were already almost on the ground - Stewart and Samuelson not so much!:)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
But I worry more about taller players falling as their important parts that can break have a greater height to fall from! :eek::cool:

Tiff and Moriah were already almost on the ground - Stewart and Samuelson not so much!:)
I also have a concern which I'd like to see addressed. I wish more players would play with mouth guards since this can help with concussions and mouth injuries. KLS started the season without knee pads, got bashed in the knee early on and quickly returned to pads. I'd like to see more players play with knee guards, either the stretch type or the old school pads KLS uses. You already know my opinion on high tops. I'd like to see players with the stretch type elbow protection. I've said before that KLS bounces off the floor as much or more as any player on the team. There are members of all teams like this. This type of light protection I think would go well.

Reaction Score
I have always thought players who fall down are less likely to stress joints that can't take the stress than players who always fight to stay upright. Tiff Hayes was always on the ground, Moriah followed her example. I am sure they had lots of bruises by the end of each season, and occasionally they might break something but breaks tend to be easier to heal than tears.

My daughter was on the floor a lot when she was younger. Her high school and aau coaches finally got her to stay to stay on her feet. There's a difference between hustling for the ball and always being in the floor

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I dont remember if KLM wore knee pads in HS, but Mater Dei, Lou's former HS team, all wore knee pads last season. Many of Lous Cal Swish team wear/wore knee pads, and Lou's sister, Karlie wears knee pads.
MD 2016.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I also have a concern which I'd like to see addressed. I wish more players would play with mouth guards since this can help with concussions and mouth injuries. KLS started the season without knee pads, got bashed in the knee early on and quickly returned to pads. I'd like to see more players play with knee guards, either the stretch type or the old school pads KLS uses. You already know my opinion on high tops. I'd like to see players with the stretch type elbow protection. I've said before that KLS bounces off the floor as much or more as any player on the team. There are members of all teams like this. This type of light protection I think would go well.

I don't know if it was a one time thing, but Kyla did not use a mouth guard last game. I frankly believe (with utterly no evidence) that a mouth piece interferes with breathing and would hinder UConn's break neck speed of play.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know if it was a one time thing, but Kyla did not use a mouth guard last game. I frankly believe (with utterly no evidence) that a mouth piece interferes with breathing and would hinder UConn's break neck speed of play.
Doesn't seem to hurt boxers. A person can become quickly acclimated to custom made mouth pieces as easily goggles or any adaptive device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom