Lou's Retaped Ankle/foot | The Boneyard

Lou's Retaped Ankle/foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did I miss it? Not one word spoken/written about it? Tweaks are common in b'ball, but with Lou I get nervous.

Reaction Score
I agree that kls is the one player that they need to make the ff and if she gets hurt uconns season is over. I wish more players would be dressed for battle every game. Look at the greatest to ever play wbb, Maya Moore would always be ready for battle with elbow and knee pads on to help prevent injuries.

Reaction Score
I agree that kls is the one player that they need to make the ff and if she gets hurt uconns season is over. I wish more players would be dressed for battle every game. Look at the greatest to ever play wbb, Maya Moore would always be ready for battle with elbow and knee pads on to help prevent injuries.
What about KLS's knee pads? Does she still have those?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Unfortunately WCBB players are fragile - just something we live with. Lou had the ankle retaped and was back into the game and proceeded to whack her elbow on the floor ... but she appeared to be fine. I hold my breath with all the players, but it is nothing new. Last year could have been derailed by injury as well, but we did have a little more cover than we have this year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
From the replay, it look like Lou tweeted her ankle when she cam down with the rebound. Her left foot hit the foot of a DePaul player.

Considering she came back in and played with no limp, I would assume its nothing big and they will be on top of the situation. Same as with Gabby's possible hammy tweek.

Reaction Score
The fact that they did not even ask her about it in the post game interviews tell me that it is nothing to be concerned about.

Reaction Score
Lou is like a giraffe, with longer than normal legs to torso. making it harder for her to get to full speed by about 1/2 step; but once underway is deceivingly quick. But balance and nimbleness suffer a bit, and so she falls more often and maybe her feet spread a bit wider (and so are stepped on).

Geno (the Geno show) thinks she needs to get tougher and some think she needs to get stronger. But Lou is really, really tough and pretty much as strong as she's going to get in college. The "problem" is her physique, not her head, heart, and muscles. Of course, if she were instead a runway model, it wouldn't really be a problem.....unless maybe she tripped over Zoolander....

Reaction Score
Of course, if she were instead a runway model, it wouldn't really be a problem.....unless maybe she tripped over Zoolander....
She could easily be a runway model...but what a waste of all that BB talent.

Reaction Score
Didn't she break her foot the same way? Landing on another player's foot? She's tough - she kept playing last night right after it happened clearly in pain.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That first sentence can also apply to at least three other players on the team.

Reaction Score
She has been banged into quite a bit this season and instantly is back in the mix. She played the entire half against Oregon in the final four game with a broken foot! She is plenty tough.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Unfortunately WCBB players are fragile - just something we live with. Lou had the ankle retaped and was back into the game and proceeded to whack her elbow on the floor ... but she appeared to be fine. I hold my breath with all the players, but it is nothing new. Last year could have been derailed by injury as well, but we did have a little more cover than we have this year.
i agree with your comments, but considering the score of the game, I saw no need to put her back into the game at that time. If you get the chance: save her for the long road ahead!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She has been banged into quite a bit this season and instantly is back in the mix. She played the entire half against Oregon in the final four game with a broken foot! She is plenty tough.
She is as tough as she is beautiful. Which is a good thing on both fronts.

Reaction Score
I think Geno wanted to let people know that Katie Lou is fine (or may be Katie Lou wanted too).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know that Lou is mentally tough. I hope her bones are tough too. As we all recall, Tiffany hit the floor hard probably hundreds of times in her career and always got up and shook it off--except when Maya inadvertently clotheslined her. I was at a Georgetown game in D.C. when Renee went down with a very loud thud only about 30' from where I sat. I thought she might be dead. But she got up, shook it off, and continued playing. That's when I knew that she was a really, really, really tough cookie.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
i agree with your comments, but considering the score of the game, I saw no need to put her back into the game at that time. If you get the chance: save her for the long road ahead!
I think it was as much for Lou - the principle of always getting back on a horse after you've been throwed - let her get a few minutes to make sure things feel ok in real action - he yanked her as soon as he picked up her elbow bruise though - enough was definitely enough! But Geno does have a little problem - one starter has to remain on the floor until T.Law makes her appearance. He cycled through Lou and then Chong in the 4th Q.

Reaction Score
Lou is like a giraffe, with longer than normal legs to torso. making it harder for her to get to full speed by about 1/2 step; but once underway is deceivingly quick. But balance and nimbleness suffer a bit, and so she falls more often and maybe her feet spread a bit wider (and so are stepped on).

Geno (the Geno show) thinks she needs to get tougher and some think she needs to get stronger. But Lou is really, really tough and pretty much as strong as she's going to get in college. The "problem" is her physique, not her head, heart, and muscles. Of course, if she were instead a runway model, it wouldn't really be a problem.....unless maybe she tripped over Zoolander....

She needs to stop looking like tiff Hayes. She's on the floor way too much

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lou came down on the DePaul player's foot and then relaunched herself off the foot for the rebound, so she got a double torquing of that foot. I suspect she was sore the following morning. Also suspect nothing was said because prudence dictated an xray or similar just as a reasonable precaution since it was the foot with the broken metatarsal.

Reaction Score
The other problem is that Lou only has two days to recover. With only a few days between games against TX, ND, and KS, it's incumbent for Coach to use his players with some economy in mind (difficult because of the quality of upcoming opponents and thinness of bench). Of course he will--no question that the players' well being is paramount to UConn's coaches and staff. This talk of "toughness" isn't meant to address actual injury. Playing hurt is one thing; playing injured is something else entirely.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She needs to stop looking like tiff Hayes. She's on the floor way too much
I have always thought players who fall down are less likely to stress joints that can't take the stress than players who always fight to stay upright. Tiff Hayes was always on the ground, Moriah followed her example. I am sure they had lots of bruises by the end of each season, and occasionally they might break something but breaks tend to be easier to heal than tears.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I have always thought players who fall down are less likely to stress joints that can't take the stress than players who always fight to stay upright. Tiff Hayes was always on the ground, Moriah followed her example. I am sure they had lots of bruises by the end of each season, and occasionally they might break something but breaks tend to be easier to heal than tears.
I thought Stewie was a virtuoso at this.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Honestly the type of rolled ankle that KLS has players play with constantly during the season. This along with jammed fingers, charley horses, sprained wrists, pokes in the eye, aching joints contusions etc. Players are used to playing through them. These are common aches and pains. Breaks, tears, and concussions are injuries for which all have medical protocols. On the sideline KLS concern was whether this was a repeat of her broken foot and you could see her pressing the area. Once she was sure this was not a re-injury to that area you could see her stress ease. She'll be okay, taped and ready to play come Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom