Louisville | The Boneyard

Louisville

Reaction Score
Louisville is overrated as usual. Doesn’t seem like WBB is as strong this year as last year. Bench scored 2 points vs Ga Tech. Asia Durr had 38 points and beat Ga Tech by 3. Durr scored more than half their points. Other players are overrated including Hines-Allen who had the game winning drive on 6-16 shooting. Rest of team is mediocre right now just like most of WBB. Not enough good teams.
Without Durr they beat winless Airforce by 12.
UConn by at least 25 when they play Cards unless Cards improve. Last year they beat Ga Tech by 50.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Louisville is overrated as usual. Doesn’t seem like WBB is as strong this year as last year. Bench scored 2 points vs Ga Tech. Asia Durr had 38 points and beat Ga Tech by 3. Durr scored more than half their points. Other players are overrated including Hines-Allen who had the game winning drive on 6-16 shooting. Rest of team is mediocre right now just like most of WBB. Not enough good teams.
UConn by at least 25 when they play Cards unless Cards improve. Last year they beat Ga Tech by 50.
Not sure why some slam Louisville every post. UConn much better team via talent and coaching. In same sense, personal opinion is that lesser talent appear to over perform in KY. Have to give coaching some credit even though I don't view them as a top 15 team.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Conference games and foes always expose teams. Especially in the ACC/PAC12/Big12/B1G where there is widespread talent. I like the conference games as they are competitive. I don't think I would count Louisville out based on their 1st ACC game in Atlanta against GT. Cardinals are good.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Every team has looked vulnerable at times. Georgia Tech isn't a bad team and Louisville was playing on the road. They have dominated some decent teams this year, but against some they've struggled. The South Dakota State game also comes to mind.

Reaction Score
UConn is in the top. Good coaches, good players (no real super stars) are the reasons.
#2 to #25, every one has the chance to beat another one.

Reaction Score
Not sure why some slam Louisville every post. UConn much better team via talent and coaching. In same sense, personal opinion is that lesser talent appear to over perform in KY. Have to give coaching some credit even though I don't view them as a top 15 team.

Curios to ask, why you don't view #3 Louisville as a top 15 team? They are undefeated, even though their OOC Strength of Schedule (SOS) is ranked #75 (per WarrenNolan.com), still better than #6 Baylor (#169), # 7 Tennessee (#102), #9 West Virginia (#97), #14 Duke (#115) and #15 Maryland (#105). These teams are all in the top 15 AP Poll. Would you also not view these teams top 15 teams?

Reaction Score

Was that really a "slam" of Louisville? I watched some of the game, and the post seems like an informed point of view to me. Georgia Tech played really well last night, and darned near put it to overtime in the closing seconds. Had they pulled this one off, it would have been a well-deserved win at home against a good but by no means great opponent.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The problem with Louisville is not lack of talent. The problem is similar to tOSU. Historically, when the Cardinals get into a tough game, their offense loses its flow and degenerates into one on one play, forcing up bad shot after bad shot.

So far this year, Durr has been brilliant carrying the load, but I would bet the ranch that in games to come vs ND and UConn, Durr will struggle from the floor and Lou will not have a 2nd scoring option.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
The problem with Louisville is not lack of talent. The problem is similar to tOSU. Historically, when the Cardinals get into a tough game, their offense loses its flow and degenerates into one on one play, forcing up bad shot after bad shot.

So far this year, Durr has been brilliant carrying the load, but I would bet the ranch that in games to come vs ND and UConn, Durr will struggle from the floor and Lou will not have a 2nd scoring option.
Agree 1000% OD, it's one of the aspects that separate Connecticut from other teams. When tOSU gets into trouble they stop running the offense and it's Kelsey Mitchell with the ball in her hands going one-on-one either trying to get a shot or make a play while the rest of the team stands around and watches. It makes teams easy to defend. Connecticut has 5 legitimate scoring options and screen hard, they roll hard, cut hard and constantly move w/o the ball. If Gabby could consistently hit the 15-18 ft shot then they'd be unguardable, if she could extend her shot to 3-pt range, along with everything else she does then they'd be unbeatable. I like Durr, she's a special talent and Louisville is definitely a Top 15 team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was right with you up until that last sentence. That last sentence kind of implies that this year's Louisville team was 40+ points better than last year.
A healthy Durr and Miraya Moore does not equal 40+ points better IMO. Games like this happen to top ranked teams every year , see UCONN vs Tulane last year or ND vs. NCST.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I too watched the end of that game and do think the original post was a tad harsh on Louisville. The Cardinals are definitely a top 10 if not top 5 team. There overall OOC was pedestrian but they did play a few highly ranked teams and with the tough ACC schedule we will see if they are truly in the upper echelon. GT played extremely well and have much improved from a year ago so don’t compare last years Tech disaster to this years. Durr is showing why she was #2 behind KLS in her class and should be an All-American this year.
What I think needs to be explained by HoopJim is if Louisville is only top 15, who are the other 13? They beat Ohio St, Mich, Oregon and Kentucky so I am not sure why some are down on them. Yes, Kentucky is down this year but it is a rivalry game. There are some cream puffs but with the ACC schedule, I have no objections. Louisville is fine where they are...for now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom