Louisville vs Duke on right now (ESPN-U) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Louisville vs Duke on right now (ESPN-U)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN needs to work on its game. The studio report is from yesterday. So many good ACC games on tonight and not a mention of one of them. Instead they are focusing on Sunday's PAC12 and Big12 games.

<<insert shaking head>>

oprah-shakng-her-head.gif

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Big upset. Where did NC State come from? Who have they got? I take it that with this win, they're the odds-on favorite to win the regular season championship. They've now beaten the two top teams in the league.

Not only two top teams in the ACC but two Top 10 teams.

Reaction Score
Duke is doing well this season after years of decline and bad press with JPM.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
This victory deserves a sandwich. Deep fried cardinal on texas toast :cool:

Say what ? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
I was about to say they are far from depleted. They may not be what they were but they are more than enough apparently.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Big upset. Where did NC State come from? Who have they got? I take it that with this win, they're the odds-on favorite to win the regular season championship. They've now beaten the two top teams in the league.

NC State barely missed the cut line for an at-large bid last year, when they tied for 5th in the ACC. Much was expected of them this year, since they were returning their top 5 scorers from last year. But after suffering disappointing losses to Kansas State, LSU, and Tulane in this season's OOC schedule, they were in desperate need of some big wins in conference. I'd say they took care of that.

Their strength is guard play (senior Miah Spencer and senior Dominique Wilson). Against Notre Dame they were really hot from 3 (Spencer, Wilson, and senior Jennifer Mathurin were 8-of-13). And against FSU they got a big game from their big girl, junior Chelsea Nelson, with 17 points and 12 rebounds.

And all of a sudden Notre Dame's loss to NC State doesn't look quite as embarrassing as a few days ago.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I was one of JPM's biggest detractors.
She came close to being fired this summer (no complaints from me about that).
But I almost believe in 2nd chances and redemption.
She seems to be making a good case for the U's giving her another shot.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not only two top teams in the ACC but two Top 10 teams.

A loss at Tulane.... and beats ND and FSU back to back. That Duke at NC State game on the 15th might be even more interesting that I originally thought

Plebe

Reaction Score
Big shake-up in rankings tomorrow. Why weren't any of these games televised on the major networks? FS 1 shows some silly Big East game.

Media blew it.

Duke-Louisville was on ESPNU. All of the other ACC games were on the ACC Network. ESPN's flagship was televising college football bowl games, which are rumored to score slightly higher ratings than women's college basketball.

Fox Sports has some sort of contractual relationship with the Big East Conference, I believe. I notice that the Big East games, including for marquee teams such as Villanova and Xavier, are usually on FS1, not ESPN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good for Duke for getting the win, but that play to open the 3rd quarter totally undermines the idea of a great education at Duke.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I watched the Lou/Duke game between plays at the Rose Bowl. Louisville's offense looks awful. Little movement, no passing, lots of bad shots. Duke is OK, but the Huskies beat either of these teams by 20+.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A loss at Tulane.... and beats ND and FSU back to back. That Duke at NC State game on the 15th might be even more interesting that I originally thought

And Tulane should be celebrating right along with NC State. The more the Pack win from now on, the better Tulane's resume will be.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Wow, Duke takes the upset. They now have wins over South Carolina and Louisville.

This is the first Duke game that I've watched for more than a couple minutes. Lexie Brown's presence on this team has been transformative.
Yup. Plus Greenwell's a stud and Lambert is pretty good. Plus they've got some size.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yup. Plus Greenwell's a stud and Lambert is pretty good. Plus they've got some size.

Its a great thing to have experienced guards/ball-handlers. Something Duke has lacked the past 2 seasons. Its even better when you have guards like Brown (who has made 45 straight free throws) and Greenwell who shoot 92% and 87% from the foul line.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Its a great thing to have experienced guards/ball-handlers. Something Duke has lacked the past 2 seasons. Its even better when you have guards like Brown (who has made 45 straight free throws) and Greenwell who shoot 92% and 87% from the foul line.

Lexie coolly sank 4 consecutive clutch free throws in the last 30 seconds of the game. That was a big deal.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The Revenge Tour is 3-0 so far. South Carolina, Kentucky, and now Louisville. Up next Ga Tech :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
If they lose to Tech they don't deserve to be ranked. However, I believe they will win. ND beat them rather easily.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I saw Lexie's free throws. Right down the middle of the hoop. Artistry!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I was struck by the lack of intensity in this game. Not saying nobody cared or weren't trying to win just slow paced and not physical. If either of those teams were playing us they have been banging all over the court. It was shocking to me to see the almost pedestrian play in this game. Really never expected to see it from a Louisville team. Usually they are extremely physical but not tonight.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I was struck with the really terrible passing by both teams and was thinking UCF might end up with 20 steals against either of these teams.

So:
a) NC State beats ND and FSU
b) Tulane beats NC State
Therefore:
Tulane should be ranked in front of them all! :rolleyes::eek::cool:
(I am a master of logic!)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I was struck by the lack of intensity in this game. Not saying nobody cared or weren't trying to win just slow paced and not physical. If either of those teams were playing us they have been banging all over the court. It was shocking to me to see the almost pedestrian play in this game. Really never expected to see it from a Louisville team. Usually they are extremely physical but not tonight.
Seeing your name reminded me: Walz was wearing a blue shirt. I've never seen him wear anything but a red or pink themed shirt (maybe black). Maybe it was a tribute to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom