Louisville telling recruits that they will be in the Big 12 | The Boneyard

Louisville telling recruits that they will be in the Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"With Louisville's regular season completed, the coaches have hit the recruiting trail in earnest. One of the first stops the coaches made was with Louisville Central High School running back Ace Wales...
"What was Carter's response for which league he thought the Cardinals would land in? "He said they would be in the Big 12, no doubt," Wales said"

http://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/

Kenny Carter is the Louisville running backs coach.

Reaction Score
I wonder what Pitino thinks of his fellow coach's comment? You think he may say, "that is the dumbest thing I have heard" or will he finally keep quiet?

Reaction Score
wasn't addazio promising his kids they would be in the BE?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
wasn't addazio promising his kids they would be in the BE?

Not sure if it was Addazio, but I do remember hearing that out of Temple.

If the freaking running back coach at Louisville knows they are going to be in the BigXII, then we would know too.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They can promise whatever they want, but it doesn't mean it will happen.

Reaction Score
My take on this is the following: President Herbst and Gov. Malloy have made it known that we have openly lobbied the ACC for membership after Pitt and Syracuse announced they were leaving for that conference earlier this year. By taking those actions we have made it public knowledge we are gone faster than the speed of light if an invite is extended. If another football school gets the opportunity to move to what they percieve as a more stable football conference then more power to them, I wish them luck! I am even envious of them that there is light at the end of their tunnel to escape this mess of a conference, and disaster of a commissioner! The fact we put our cards on the table so early and possibly shoehorned ourselves into only one other option besides the BE now looking back seems a bit foolish to me. But maybe the powers that be (BOT, Pres) looked long and hard at all the options and decided that the ACC was the best fit for UConn (I still think that the academic plan Herbst has for UConn is more in line with the Big 10, but there may be legs to people having concerns about being the smallest state land grant school in the conference and becoming a small, small fish in the ocean).

Reaction Score
My take on this is the following: President Herbst and Gov. Malloy have made it known that we have openly lobbied the ACC for membership after Pitt and Syracuse announced they were leaving for that conference earlier this year. By taking those actions we have made it public knowledge we are gone faster than the speed of light if an invite is extended. If another football school gets the opportunity to move to what they percieve as a more stable football conference then more power to them, I wish them luck! I am even envious of them that there is light at the end of their tunnel to escape this mess of a conference, and disaster of a commissioner! The fact we put our cards on the table so early and possibly shoehorned ourselves into only one other option besides the BE now looking back seems a bit foolish to me. But maybe the powers that be (BOT, Pres) looked long and hard at all the options and decided that the ACC was the best fit for UConn (I still think that the academic plan Herbst has for UConn is more in line with the Big 10, but there may be legs to people having concerns about being the smallest state land grant school in the conference and becoming a small, small fish in the ocean).

I think Herbst stuck her neck out on the ACC because we were so close. The ACC wanted us and BC blocked us. She met with BC etc. and tried to remove the obstacle. I don't think she would have been so vocal if she didn't smell blood in the water. It didn't work out and looks bad now, but I can't say she made a tactical error given the situation. We aren't sure why she was so confident but it will be interesting to hear the inside story someday. I almost wonder if Swofford told her, "BC is blocking you, see if you can win them over".

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We weren't really that close and they were definitely not confident.

In retrospect, you're right, they should have been a little more discreet. It is what it is.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think we die hard uconn fans need to take action and cover it up by looking like acc fans. make a website called "theaccisafreakingmess.com" and the main points can be this
-miami should get the death penatly
-unc fball what the heck
-get rangoon out of md
-kick bc out of the league
-cuse has psu issues
-duke shouldn't play football
etc

and then pump the bc out to the point that acc fanbases jump all over it:D

Reaction Score
Rumors out there that Charlie Strong on short list for TAMU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom